The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Mimic Stones (Misleading)////(Resloved)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Ok boi's and Gurls,

today I like to talk to you about Mimic Stones.

So, after purchase in the CROWN store, I was sadly once again mislead in FALSE advertising.

The crown store says (CRAFT """ANY""" known Style) , actually is says:

600 crowns (Bind on equipt)

This item allows you to craft items any known style.

Ok, so I get them in hopes I'm going to be able to "CRAFT" a draugr style Staff.

Nope, doesn't work that way. It wasn't until I did reseach on the "Internet" that I found the meaning of "Any known stlye' does not apply to known styles in the game, but "known" to you. Meaning, this item, the crown mimic stone that says you can craft an item, is actually stating "YOU CAN CRAFT IT, BUT ONLY IF YOU LEARNED THE MOTIF FOR SAID ITEM"

How is this waste of crowns useful? How does it help me craft an item I SO DESPERATELY WANT, but only if I learn how to make it by getting it's craft motif first?

Is this serious? RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

RIDICULOUS!! ZoS, I like you to post and justify the selling of an item that for one, does not CLEARLY state what you are buying and or how to even use it. Second, so many of us suckers now have been buying this useless item, I want to return mine back to you for the full 600 crowns I wasted on it. I stuck it in my bank.

If I already know by reading a motif to learn how to make weapons and armor, why the hell would I purchase a mimic stone to craft the item if I already know how to craft it, and have plenty of materials to craft said armor or weapons?

Why?

Why would I do that?

Why on Dagon's Green Earth would I purchase something to do what I can already do?

Why!

My GAWD man, I have been with this series for so long long and Eso from day zero and it's only now I'm becoming a bit more irritated over just what many things I'm coming across are just stupid, and seeing so many people complain and yet nothing ever happens to justify it.

I'm sorry man, even the ladies, but I want to be spending my time on these boards posting about something in far more better quality in quantity then wasting my time trolling about a useless item and it's false advertising.

I really love this game, I really do, but the people running it, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really, O........M..................G!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to keep my respect for you? When things like this happen?
I'll try but it's not gonna be easy.

Thanks for reading.
Edited by chaz on October 23, 2017 11:38AM
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Can craft any known style” seems pretty self explanatory to me, if you don’t know a style then you can’t craft that style. Sorry, but it was clearly your error expecting it to allow you craft a style you do NOT know already.
    As for there purpose , they allow you craft a rare style you know but may not have the necessary style gem to make, for example the tainted blood for dark brother hood style
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "YOU CAN CRAFT IT, BUT ONLY IF YOU LEARNED THE MOTIF FOR SAID ITEM". This is exactly what I thought it meant. You don't know a style until you learn the motif.
    Edited by phairdon on October 9, 2017 12:50PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the mimic stone allows you to craft styles unknown to you, then why would they sell motifs? Wouldn't people just buy the mimic stones instead?

Not really sure if the OP is just a troll, or if their reading comprehension is really that bad.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also read any known style as style you know yourself.

I guess ZOS could update the tooltips here to state "craft any styles you character has learnt" to be sure mistakes like this don't happen.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this guy is trolling now that I read the entire post but...

It is very simple and self-explanatory, if you misunderstood it then you are to blame, NOT ZOS! Mimic stones would mostly be used on motifs with style materials that are more rare than the common main races' style materials for those who either don't have time (or the desire to farm) them or want to pay for it from guild trades.

Why would they allow someone to craft any style in the game not known to that character? it would make motifs (dropped or Crown purchased) useless and nobody would ever farm/buy (crowns or gold) to learn. Don't blame ZOS for your mistake!

"Any known style" means what it says, styles you know. If they meant any style in-game it would say "any style" as "any known style" means what you know in your motif library/collection not what's in the game in general.

Looks like ZOS now has to go and make the tooltip idiot proof and state "any style known to your specific character learned via motif(s)" or something to that extent. FFS, I hate to be rude but man oh man common sense is not so "common" anymore.

Anyone ever seen Idiocracy? LOL
    Edited by BloodWolfe on October 9, 2017 12:52PM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all pretty self explanatory.. "Any known style", even more self explanatory when right above where it says "Crown Mimic Stone" it says "Style Material"...
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    (-‸ლ)
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better get some practice in comprehension to understand what is 'they intended' and not what 'you expected'. You get plus points for searching google and getting the actual meaning, I thought no one knew what searching on Google meant.

But you had to ruin it, by blaming someone other than yourself for something that you clearly misunderstood.
    Turelus wrote: »
    I also read any known style as style you know yourself.

I guess ZOS could update the tooltips here to state "craft any styles you character has learnt" to be sure mistakes like this don't happen.

@Turelus I can assure you that someone will surely find a different reason to whine, not that I am complaining, these minds work in mysterious ways, every time I see posts like, I get more knowledgeable about different types of people.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear OP; I love Mimic Stones. I've bought quite a lot of them, actually. Never, even when they were first introduced did I get the idea that a Crown Mimic Stone would allow me to craft any item at all. While I hope that your choice of spelling in the first lines of your post are intentional, just in case, you might want to do a little refresher course on reading comprehension. What *you* want a statement to mean, and what it *actually* means can really be different, you know?

Oh by Akatosh, if that were true, I would have saved SOOOOOOOooooo much gold buying motifs for my main crafter. AND I wouldn't still be looking for the last 4 pieces of Akaviri I need....
  • CalydorEstalon
    CalydorEstalon
    ✭✭✭
    Does 'known' mean something else in your language?
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Ok boi's and Gurls,

The crown store says (CRAFT """ANY""" known Style) , actually is says:

This item allows you to craft items any known style.

But you don't know it, you use a motif to lean a style then you `know` it.

The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does 'known' mean something else in your language?

I'm pretty sure everything means something else in the OP's language ; that's the problem. :/

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, one saved my butt on a master writ this morning.
    I didn't have any laurel to craft a mercenary armor piece.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 9, 2017 1:24PM
  • CalydorEstalon
    CalydorEstalon
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged in to double-check what the crown store says, and OP, you fail at quoting - you left out that it says IN any known style.

Now, if it had said 'in any style', without the 'known', then you would have an argument against ZOS - but this really boils down to reading comprehension.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man, I interpreted their use the same way you did and was about to buy some to complete a writ I had. Now I can avoid wasting my money.

They seem utterly useless in the way they actually work. Nobody has trouble finding style materials for styles they already know.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if trolling or just clueless. Either way, you're today's N'wah of the Day.
    S2rDxAy.png
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man, I interpreted their use the same way you did and was about to buy some to complete a writ I had. Now I can avoid wasting my money.

They seem utterly useless in the way they actually work. Nobody has trouble finding style materials for styles they already know.

Good luck finding style materials for 'Grim Harlequin' and 'Stalhrim Frostcaster'
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

Good luck finding style materials for 'Grim Harlequin' and 'Stalhrim Frostcaster'

Oh, you mean the two least used motifs ever? I think everyone will be OK.
    Edited by SolidusPrime on October 9, 2017 1:46PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your level of outrage is really high, over something that is ultimately your error. I could understand you being irritated that you had misunderstood, but your caps, bold text and exclamation point filled tirade seems a little unhinged.

You really thought that buying a style stone would let you bypass having to know the motif? If that were the case, it would be universally known and talked about in game and the forums, and nobody would be buying motifs at all, from the traders or the crown store. That idea just doesn't pass the sanity check.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any reason for me to point out what 'known style' means as everyone else has already made that abundantly clear for you. To answer your question on why anyone would want to purchase something that enables them to craft in a style they already know; that's because some of the style materials out there are exceedingly rare and pricey. And for people with crowns to spare, the mimic stones are a way to circumvent the grind to get those.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think KNOWN is the word.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    “Can craft any known style” seems pretty self explanatory to me, if you don’t know a style then you can’t craft that style. Sorry, but it was clearly your error expecting it to allow you craft a style you do NOT know already.
    As for there purpose , they allow you craft a rare style you know but may not have the necessary style gem to make, for example the tainted blood for dark brother hood style

To be fair probably would work that way in a pay to win game.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somebody actually agreed with that tirade?!! :o
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re a complete waste of money yes, but it’s not misleading. It’s clear as damn day. People really need to learn the difference between being misled and misinterpreting something. Just because you didn’t understand it doesn’t mean they misled you.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cant spell, you can't read and you can't comprehend. and somehow this is ZOS' fault?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should read “used in place of a style stone to craft any “learned” motif style.”

When these were first released there was confusion....people are acting like it was straight forward, many of us just know from PTS feedback and older forum posts how it works. Honest misinterpretation by the OP

It wouldn’t hurt to change the wording as it can be misleading if you’re newer
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 9, 2017 3:46PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems pretty obvious that in order to use a crown mimic stone for a particular style that you first need to know the style.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that this is disturbing and should not be this way.
    i to was upset when i finally realized what it meant.
    it should allow to craft in all styles just like it is said in the description.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why would we need motifs if anyone can just PAY TO WIN?

Yeah, no. Sick of so much P2W on crafting as it is.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 9, 2017 5:11PM