The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
Any idea why I've been getting so many crashes and disconnects lately? Is it just me??

Running a quad core 3.2 ghz processor with 16gb ram and a GeForce gtx 760 that's up to date with updates.

I also just formatted my pc as I have a second hdd now with a fresh install and I'm still crashing like crazy
Edited by seipher09 on October 9, 2017 1:31AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, helps to say what server you are playing on.

Second, be more specific on what is happening. Crashing to desktop, being sent to loggin page or character select?

If you are crashing to desktop, and probably the other cases, a tech support ticket is probably a good path to take.

From my experience, crashing to desktop if often caused by something very local. Everything from the PC not operating near optimal to addons interfering. Files on the PC can get corrupted over time, overly fragmented and some addons really stress things and cause issues. I know for certain I have had addons cause my client to crash.

As for disconnecting from the server and ending up at the logon screen something has occurred that the connection to the server has gone bad. It only takes a moment and there is no way to save it. I was disconnecting every 30 minutes to a few minutes and it was my internet connection. Tested as having full speed but several things locally related to my ICP was causing the issue.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    certain nvidia driver versions are known to cause ESO to disconnect.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually never have disconnects or lag, but I sure did today. I disconnected twice, and the lag today (Sunday) was insane. I'm PC, on the NA server.