Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Towns in PVP

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
One of the issues I have with PVP is the scoring process. Zos has tried many times to make the low pop bonus work but players have been able to work around this in the past. We have all felt that the 3 towns in the game provide nothing other than spawn points and honestly having 2 of them so close to AD home Tri Keeps has been a nightmare since they were introduced. We all can accept that the large groups tend fight along the center most of the time or push whichever faction is getting hit by the other faction the hardest. This all leads to an hourly mad dash for resource pts. It's a stagnant cycle that needs to be broken mechanically.

What I think would be interesting and provide a real incentive for smaller groups is to make the town's count towards the scoring. But instead of their points being added to the hourly eval make them instant. Each time a town flips 1 point is added to the actual faction score. In order to control this potentially exploitable instant point mechanic a 15 min cool down should be used. ZOS talked about the resources 5 min flip rule but never implemented it so it should be possible. I believe this would add a new way for each faction to gain 12 additional points outside of scoring eval. This also would be a way to spread out the populations a little better and add another mechanism for campaign depth. It would also be interesting to see a few more towns incorporated into the play. Basically each town could flip multiple times in a hour but only count to scoring 4 times an hour. I don't think we would want more than 6 towns which would be a max of 24 pts potential gain per hour.
Needless to say I think the towns should play a more crucial role in the scoring of a campaign.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying "towns". There is one town in PvP land and that's Bruma. No one cares about the other two. EP, even AD from way down south go for Bruma all the time.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying "towns". There is one town in PvP land and that's Bruma. No one cares about the other two. EP, even AD from way down south go for Bruma all the time.

Is this on PC?, becasue this is not the case on XBOX NA.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruma is bae <3
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »

It's not the case on PC NA. Cropsford is the most contested town in Cyrodil because the merchant there sells the most sought after magicka sustain sets and because of how often AD goes for Drakelowe. Bruma isn't fought over nearly as much because all it sells is crappy medium sets that most stam users don't even think about using. Generally the only time people go for Bruma is when they want to attack Dragonclaw. And anytime EP goes for Bruma a full raid of DC shows up, even if we aren't going for Dragonclaw. And the only time AD goes for Bruma is when they want to farm DC.
    Edited by Akinos on October 9, 2017 3:02PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PC NA yes. Have ZOS give you the data. Bruma is contested and flips colors many times more than the other two towns I am most confident in saying.

Xylena Lazarow lives her life between Bruma and dragonclaw. Elong Trumpetbar is there for the high elf prostitutes. The AD goofballs will take Bruma even when Roe, Nikel, Ash, and Ales aren’t yellow. That’s some real guts and testicular fortitude those pointy ear folk have wouldn’t you say?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

It's not the case on PC NA. Cropsford is the most contested town in Cyrodil because the merchant there sells the most sought after magicka sustain sets and because of how often AD goes for Drakelowe. Bruma isn't fought over nearly as much because all it sells is crappy medium sets that most stam users don't even think about using. Generally the only time people go for Bruma is when they want to attack Dragonclaw. And anytime EP goes for Bruma a full raid of DC shows up, even if we aren't going for Dragonclaw. And the only time AD goes for Bruma is when they want to farm DC.

Actually I'd bet real money it's Bruma now. At least for a popped-locked campaign like PC Vivek

When the town vendors came out, you are right in that Cropsford was by far the most desirable. But that was a long time ago and many of us have got our gear and for the RNG sadomasochists out there, it's easy enough to go on a dead server.

Look at where Bruma is actually located. It's literally on the way and within sight distance to the most annoying far away keep in the game, Dragonclaw. Ever try to get there from Chalman? Have to go the wrong way around a mountain if you don;t want to risk getting zerged down by the DC horde at Bleakers. Plus the dolmen. Everyone loves Dolmens because left click heroes and it's fun to bomb groups on the Chest.

Now look at where Cropsford is located. It's not on the way to Drake for EP...in fact, it isn't even close. My horse will run out of stamina if I gallop from Drakelowe (compared to Bruma which is in sight distance from the Farm, its just down a hill and equal-distant from both DC and EP). Valesterous or whatever is called is even more remote. As if it's not enough of a pain to get to Brindle Farm from the Castle, I have never even bothered with it as a DC. There's a reason why a full raid of DC show up at Bruma, because the geography of the town actually makes it important and convenient enough to fight for: taking and holding Dragon without neutralizing Bruma matters because of Bruma's proximity. The Bleakers - Bruma- Dragonclaw corridor actually is a strategic thing, unlike Sejanus - Cropsford - Drakelow that are all remote from each other and don't even lineup.

As someone who plays EP and DC, I have a sense of how much action and when it occurs at all three towns and I can say Bruma is by far the one with the most action and it isn't close. It's not uncommon for entire raids go at it there. I do get some occasional decent fight at Cropsford, such that the OP's idea is worth looking into to, but not nearly as much or as big (which no doubt is desirable for those who don't want to get zerged down). Valastrous is even less a thing.

Maybe it is just a PC Vivek thing and guild like Pact Milita, BoD, etc., have just made it such a habit of taking Bruma that the town is now just a thing to fight over. However, looking at the geography, I don;t think that's an accident. For EP to get to Dragonclaw, it is *much* easier and safer to go from Bleakers (Aleswell to Dragonclaw is much more convenient than from Chalman) and a group coming from Bleakers will actually run into Bruma on the way to Dragonclaw, which is not the case for the other two towns.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they add more towns.

it'll break the lore :trollface:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    if they add more towns.

it'll break the lore :trollface:

I wouldn't even care if they simply made Cyrodiil more fun in the process. I want to fight in the caves and delves and wilds without forming some obscure strategy to pull noobs en masse to said locations.

Break all the lore, just make PvP more fun.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be more interesting if they added Cheydinhal and Chorrol to the town a faction can capture.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be more interesting if they added Cheydinhal and Chorrol to the town a faction can capture.

Indeed, especially since they have arguably the most interesting terrain of any of the towns
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying "towns". There is one town in PvP land and that's Bruma. No one cares about the other two. EP, even EP scrubs on troll alts from way down south go for Bruma all the time.

Fixed. After all everyone knows that no real Dumbminion player ever has time to spend more than seconds up there....

Since all five to ten of them on the server are to busy fighting off team purple while queue clogging derpwits stand on the bridge...

The only exception is when a pack of dumbminion PVPers needs to transition from one side of the map to the other and they just don't feel like waiting for team purple to send fourty kazillion tea baggers to retake one resource. Then we might do it for some quick points before hitting an actual target.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.