Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Am I doing it wrong as (Stamina/Magicka) a DPS?

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, everyone I just have to ask this question? How in the world are some people are doing 20k or more damage per second as a stamina DPS or a Magicka DPS? And I'm a stamina DPS and I'm doing 14k damage and plus 4k bonus damage, and I have 5 pieces of Hunding's Rage sets and the jewelry is all purple Agility also the two swords as well, and the 2 piece set Monster sets Grothdarr.

Race: Redguard

Class: Stamina Sorcerer

Champion Points:
The Apprentice: Blessed 15
The Atromach: Master-at-Arms 74, Shattering Blows 39
The Ritual: Thaumaturge 16, Mighty 50, Piercing 26
The Tower: Warlord 51, Sprinter 50, Siphoner 10
The Love: Mooncalf 56
The Shadow: Tumbling 53
The Steed: Ironclad 73, Spell Shield 17, Medium Armor Focus 17, Resistant 13
The Lady: Hardy 22, Thick Skinned 37, Elemental Defender 22
The Lord: Expert Defender 10, Quick Recovery 10

Dual Wield First Weapon Bar:
Rapid Strikes
Steel Tornado
Dark Deal
Quick Cloak
Bound Armaments
Ultimate: Summon Charged Atronach

Bow Second Weapon Bar:
Pison Injection
Endless Hail
Power Surge
Razor Caltrops
Bound Armaments
Ultimate: Rapid Fire
Edited by Inhuman003 on October 8, 2017 2:44PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to answer your question without more insight on your build. High dps is generally achieved through best possible gear in combination with a skill rotation that offers the best possible buffs for your class.

If you're a stam build, what's your crit rating? Are you ensuring you're keeping major brutality and savagery up all the time? Do you have other dps boosting class skills? Are you using your back bar to apply DOTs and making sure to reapply as they run out?

Then there are other major factors. How many CPs do you have? Max? What class? What enchants do you have on gear, and what Mundas? We could troubleshoot your build, but we'd need more info.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 14k DPS with solid gear, the answer is to work on your rotation. Sure, there are gear sets that will bump up your DPS a little bit, but there's no gear or skill that's going to raise it by 6k all by itself. The biggest increase in your DPS is going to come from perfecting the execution of your rotation.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 14k DPS with solid gear, the answer is to work on your rotation. Sure, there are gear sets that will bump up your DPS a little bit, but there's no gear or skill that's going to raise it by 6k all by itself. The biggest increase in your DPS is going to come from perfecting the execution of your rotation.

Practice on a dummy to get your DPS up, there is nothing wrong with the sets you are using, it's just the rotations, check out build guides and pay attention to their recommended rotations.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I just have to ask this question? How in the world are some people are doing 20k or more damage per second as a stamina DPS or a magicka DPS? And I'm a stamina DPS and I'm doing 14k damage and plus 4k bonus damage, and I have 5 piece of Hunding's Rage sets and the jewelry is all purple Agility also the two swords as well, and the 2 piece set Monster sets Grothdarr.

Grothdar isn't that good for stam in general, try to get sets like velidreth, kragh, mephala or similar things with poison/desease/physical damage...
    Edited by Destruent on October 8, 2017 12:53PM
    Noobplar
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You say solid gear, yet the guy is running Hunding's Rage with Grothdarr....
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    It's hard to answer your question without more insight on your build. High dps is generally achieved through best possible gear in combination with a skill rotation that offers the best possible buffs for your class.

If you're a stam build, what's your crit rating? Are you ensuring you're keeping major brutality and savagery up all the time? Do you have other dps boosting class skills? Are you using your back bar to apply DOTs and making sure to reapply as they run out?

Then there are other major factors. How many CPs do you have? Max? What class? What enchants do you have on gear, and what Mundas? We could troubleshoot your build, but we'd need more info.

sorry for the delay just put in a few things that should have been in there earlier
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

And switching to a better set for a nightblade who uses stamina will help, sure. But let's be honest, ZOS has the monster sets balanced well enough that changing to another set like Velidreth, Kragh's, or something else is not going make up 6k dps.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    Race: Redguard

Class: Stamina Sorcerer

Champion Points:
    The Apprentice: Blessed 15
    The Atromach: Master-at-Arms 74, Shattering Blows 39
    The Ritual: Thaumaturge 16, Mighty 50, Piercing 26
    The Tower: Warlord 51, Sprinter 50, Siphoner 10
    The Love: Mooncalf 56
    The Shadow: Tumbling 53
    The Steed: Ironclad 73, Spell Shield 17, Medium Armor Focus 17, Resistant 13
    The Lady: Hardy 22, Thick Skinned 37, Elemental Defender 22
    The Lord: Expert Defender 10, Quick Recovery 10

Dual Wield First Weapon Bar:
    Rapid Strikes
    Steel Tornado
    Dark Deal
    Quick Cloak
    Bound Armaments
    Ultimate: Summon Charged Atronach

Bow Second Weapon Bar:
    Pison Injection
    Endless Hail
    Power Surge
    Razor Caltrops
    Bound Armaments
    Ultimate: Rapid Fire

Race and class are great, nothing to mention here.

CP: You have way too much in master at arms and shattering blows, you should put like ~50 in thaumaturge precise strikes and mighty (watchout for those jump points to not waste any point) and then more or less equally in weapon expert and master at arms, you don't need shattering blows. piercing is ok imo

Skills: I will just name the ones i use....

DW-Bar:
    - Rapid Strikes/Shrouded Daggers ( i like daggers more, but rapid strikes is great as well)
    - blade cloak
    - hurricane
    - rending slashes
    - bound armements
    - Flawless dawnbreaker

Bow-Bar:
    - rearming trap
    - endless hail
    - poison injection
    - caltrops
    - bound armements
    - Ballista ult

If you want heals, i'd suggest using surge and vigor instead of bound armements.
    For sustain just use heavy-attacks on your dw-bar, should give you great sustain with some practice.

edit:

You should also run 2 daggers, infused on mainhand, precise offhand. Mundus should be the warrior.
    Edited by Destruent on October 8, 2017 5:56PM
    Noobplar
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭

And switching to a better set for a nightblade who uses stamina will help, sure. But let's be honest, ZOS has the monster sets balanced well enough that changing to another set like Velidreth, Kragh's, or something else is not going make up 6k dps.

Kragh will net him about 6k dps easily (for dummy tests)
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »

Kragh will net him about 6k dps easily (for dummy tests)

no, definetely not.
    It's at best 1k DPS from the damage-procc and 3% from penetration which is like 1.5k at max.
    Noobplar
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with using Hunding's Rage? Grothdarr I can understand but running Hunding's with other sets one can still pull 30k+ dps self buffed on a stam character.

What Platform and Server are you playing on @Inhuman003

Having a quick glance at your cp distribution it looks like you may have too many points in the Atronach tree. Having more points in Thaumaturge will go a long way in improving Endless Hail and Razor Caltrops damage.
    Edited by xRIVALENx on October 10, 2017 1:12PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd do a lil research on stam sorc builds for pve. I will say, Grothdarr on stam isn't good for the fact that it's a magicka-based set. You'll want something like Kragh's, Selene's, Stormfist, or Velidreth.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never really put any effort into a stam character myself, so I don't have any comments directly. Though my friend mApp wrote up a guide a bit ago about DPS and rotations. I know when I was first learning (magicka) I had all the right gear and skills on my bar, but I wasn't keeping my DoT's up, and just kind of throwing in whatever. After understanding what I was supposed to use as a "rotation" and a ton of practice, I'm well over 20k. Not sure you will need to read over all of it, thought I'm sure some refreshers wouldn't hurt. mApps Guide
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord