The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When are vampires/werewolves going to get some love? Content wise?

1mirg
1mirg
✭✭✭✭✭
What I mean by that is that vampires/werewolves never got any DLC or even a patch focused around them after being added.
Sure. they got tweaks here and there and yes they also received a easy method of becoming one added into the crown store but that's about all the love they've received from ZoS after being added into the game.

It would be great if there was some advancement in their respected story-lines or even added a DLC centered around them, kinda like a ESO Dawnguard equivalent of some sort or what not, plus they can also add in some new skills/ passives for the vamp/ww once they unlock them in their respective storylines, like vampire lord or etc. They can even add a faction which hunts vampires and werewolves too that also has it's own skills too along with storyline.

Regardless,
I know i'm prob beating a dead horse when I ask for more love for these two but after reading a reddit post recently. I just felt like this had to be brought up again. There is some great potential with these 2 'creatures' here but it's being wasted. It's time to give these two some major focus, as in a DLC, Instead of putting them on a bench to add in another Dungeon DLC.
┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re too busy dragging the hell out of this “Daedric Prince War” subplot. Really wish they would just get the hell on with it already.

Really though, I don’t understand why they haven’t done this yet. It’s ridiculously easy to work with. “The Dawnguard and Silver Hand join forces to take on the threat of a growing Vampire Clan and Werewolf Pack.” Boom, you’ve got the premise right there. Normies join the hunters, Vampires join the clan, and Werewolves join the pack.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    ...It's time to give these two some major focus, as in a DLC, Instead of putting them on a bench to add in another Dungeon DLC.

This is basically my feelings on Khajiit getting Maw instead of an actual map based entirely in Elsweyr

That said,
    a Dawnguard type formula is the only way Vampire and Werewolf content could be adequately implemented
    they will not create an entire DLC for people who chose an optional skill line
    they may be inclined to create a DLC that allows other players to interact with the story without being bitten tho
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    they may be inclined to create a DLC that allows other players to interact with the story without being bitten tho
    They can very easily allow for people who haven't joined the vamp/ww cult to be allowed to partake in the storylines without being one. It's just that they'll be cut off from certain things within the content because they aren't one. Plus they can always add in another method of becoming one via story dialogue. Persuade someone there to turn you and then partake in the ritual they have for newcomers.

• ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    They can very easily allow for people who haven't joined the vamp/ww cult to be allowed to partake in the storylines without being one. It's just that they'll be cut off from certain things within the content because they aren't one. Plus they can always add in another method of becoming one via story dialogue. Persuade someone there to turn you and then partake in the ritual they have for newcomers.

I like this idea. Make it kind of like an alternative quest to become one like how there is a new tutorial for those who have Morrowind. And this would mean no one would need to pay other players (because there are still those who charge) to get turned. They could the spawns and all that for those without the dlc or if you just want to experience the original vamp/ww quest.

But I would like to see something more significant done with vamps and ww. We see plenty of them throughout the game but nothing that lets our own vamps or wolves interact with their own kind.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A third faction of non-bitten ppl does sound logical but it's an MMO where in the end everyone has to end up at more or less the same point. Having two or even three seperate storylines makes that very complicated because everyone wants to be part of the winning side. Which is why Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood don't allow you to pick sides. We all have to "live" in a world with the same outcome.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why ZOS didn't do some storytelling specific to vampires and werewolves for their Halloween holiday event.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    A third faction of non-bitten ppl does sound logical but it's an MMO where in the end everyone has to end up at more or less the same point. Having two or even three seperate storylines makes that very complicated because everyone wants to be part of the winning side. Which is why Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood don't allow you to pick sides. We all have to "live" in a world with the same outcome.

It really wouldn’t be that difficult if they actually put some effort into it. SWTOR did 8 different class storylines along with two different faction storylines. They’re subsequent DLCs had 2 different faction storylines. I don’t see why ZOS can’t do the same.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires and werewolves are not a race nor do they have a zone. With how DLC (and the recent chapter) have been designed by zones it does not seem that Zos will every build a DLC that has focus on Vampires and WWs. Certainly would not create one that is designed for players that are vamps and ww.

I guess one could say Rivenspire is the Vampire quest line and the WW quests are spread out across multiple zones.

@TheMaster as this stage in the game it would be a no go. SWTOR built those 8 story lines over a period of years. It was in base design of the game. Zos chose to do it by alliance stories instead.
    Edited by idk on September 30, 2017 3:18PM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The profit is there, I mean i Can't go1 minute without running in to my fellow brothers and sisters heck even just vampire furniture motifs and aesthetics a DLC would be a dream come true I Can't stand the rivinspire vampires
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Vampires and werewolves are not a race nor do they have a zone. With how DLC (and the recent chapter) have been designed by zones it does not seem that Zos will every build a DLC that has focus on Vampires and WWs. Certainly would not create one that is designed for players that are vamps and ww.

I guess one could say Rivenspire is the Vampire quest line and the WW quests are spread out across multiple zones.

TheMaster as this stage in the game it would be a no go. SWTOR built those 8 story lines over a period of years. It was in base design of the game. Zos chose to do it by alliance stories instead.

8 stories no, but a story with two factions shouldn’t be an issue. And what do you mean they don’t have a “zone”? There’s no reason there couldn’t be an area where the vampire/werewolf activity has increased dramatically and hunters step in to combat them. The Dark Brotherhood doesn’t own the Gold Coast. They’re just one sanctuary operating in that area. Either way, not every DLC has to be designed the exact same way.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Either way, not every DLC has to be designed the exact same way.
    Each DLC can be unique and bring in new and exciting things to the game, asides from new dungeons. But @ZOS doesn't seem to think that. Maybe someone at the company like @ZOS_MattFiror or whatnot can think of a better idea of a vamp/ww DLC than I can but it would still be something better than the amount of "love" they are given ingame currently. I mean, they aren't just display dolls who you can just dress up however you like, there is a rich and exciting lore and culture to them. >.>
    Edited by 1mirg on September 30, 2017 4:13PM
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I mean by that is that vampires/werewolves never got any DLC or even a patch focused around them after being added.
    Sure. they got tweaks here and there and yes they also received a easy method of becoming one added into the crown store but that's about all the love they've received from ZoS after being added into the game.

It would be great if there was some advancement in their respected story-lines or even added a DLC centered around them, kinda like a ESO Dawnguard equivalent of some sort or what not, plus they can also add in some new skills/ passives for the vamp/ww once they unlock them in their respective storylines, like vampire lord or etc. They can even add a faction which hunts vampires and werewolves too that also has it's own skills too along with storyline.

Regardless,
    I know i'm prob beating a dead horse when I ask for more love for these two but after reading a reddit post recently. I just felt like this had to be brought up again. There is some great potential with these 2 'creatures' here but it's being wasted. It's time to give these two some major focus, as in a DLC, Instead of putting them on a bench to add in another Dungeon DLC.

I agree. I also think this is another area where ZOS almost created another class and gives up too. Vampires and werewolves could be 2 great classes on their own instead of secondary abilities. Everyone always wants new classes when they already have some they need to tweak.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A perfect time to release those vampire Clan Abilities to fill out the tree. Revamp the feeding mechanic.

Hunting Ground Zone, with werewolf totem weapons that alter werewolf abilites when transformed, and changes your transformation. Think VMA, or Masters.

-Bow (Werelion): Range & Damage increased of howl of ________

-S&B (Werebear): Howl of _______ now taunts, reduced blockcost, increased block cost

-DW (Wereboar): Increased light attack and bleed damage

-Two Handed (Werecroc): increases range and damage of AOE (heavy attacks&claws of ______)

-Resto: (Werevulture) Hircine's heal now heals
    one extra target & adds Magic return on heavy attack

-Destro: (ummm new unseen Wereatronach?)Your claws now do elemental damage based on staff type I guess... not my best work.

Fun right?!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    -Two Handed (Werecroc):

-Resto: (Werevulture)

-Destro: (ummm new unseen Wereatronach?)
    Werecroc and Werevulture's are a real thing but wereatronach are not. I think what your looking for there is a Wereshark instead.

Edited by 1mirg on September 30, 2017 5:13PM
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine for a small addon but its a pretty niche base and I wouldnt want a huge drawn out quest line

I would like it if they were faced with a quest which starts with learning about a faction within vampires or werewolf. After choosing, You then complete the quest chain amongst the story line for the faction that you choose.
    You only can then choose 1 of 3 new available skill lines. Ult would stay the same.

*A costume
    *motif
    *another armor set

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we really want a dlc then we must keep this at the top its worked before
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we really want a dlc then we must keep this at the top its worked before
    Even if it does, I don't expect much to happen as a result just because of a single thread. If there were multiple threads created saying the same thing over a long period of time, then yeah. I can see something happening.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    -Two Handed (Werecroc):

-Resto: (Werevulture)

-Destro: (ummm new unseen Wereatronach?)
    Werecroc and Werevulture's are a real thing but wereatronach are not. I think what your looking for there is a Wereshark instead.

Weresharks are only rumoured ;)

I made up a new thing because nothing in lore linked to destro staves.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serana was supposed to have been put to sleep in this Era; they could probably use that for DLC plot purposes.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see more werewolf specific housing items. Maybe even it's own home?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are vampires/werewolves going to get some love? Content wise?
    I am guessing... when they have a big enough profit buffer that they can take the chance making content that may not interest every player?
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertthewolf wrote: »
    petbarn_301115_0423_2.jpg
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on October 1, 2017 10:08AM
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol but wouldn't it just be a cave of sorts? one littered with bones?

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires need nerfed to be honest.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TheMaster as this stage in the game it would be a no go. SWTOR built those 8 story lines over a period of years. It was in base design of the game. Zos chose to do it by alliance stories instead.

8 stories no, but a story with two factions shouldn’t be an issue. And what do you mean they don’t have a “zone”? There’s no reason there couldn’t be an area where the vampire/werewolf activity has increased dramatically and hunters step in to combat them. The Dark Brotherhood doesn’t own the Gold Coast. They’re just one sanctuary operating in that area. Either way, not every DLC has to be designed the exact same way.

Vamps and WWs are not factions.

There are essentially zones with more vampire activity and some WW quests. I mentioned before. Rivenspire main quest is centered on vampiers. In Glenumbra the Camlorn quest line has Falchou at the end, with WWs in between, granted that is the opposite of what OP is looking for.

As far as adding a quest line favorable to our inflicted characters, it is extremely doubtful it will be added to the base game and there would be about the same chance a DLC will drop intended for vamps and/or WWs since that leave some players out. Probably more important, there is no zone of vampires or WWs, mostly because they are not a faction by any means.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vamps and WWs are not factions.

There are essentially zones with more vampire activity and some WW quests. I mentioned before. Rivenspire main quest is centered on vampiers. In Glenumbra the Camlorn quest line has Falchou at the end, with WWs in between, granted that is the opposite of what OP is looking for.

As far as adding a quest line favorable to our inflicted characters, it is extremely doubtful it will be added to the base game and there would be about the same chance a DLC will drop intended for vamps and/or WWs since that leave some players out. Probably more important, there is no zone of vampires or WWs, mostly because they are not a faction by any means.

There are factions of vampires and werewolves; what on earth are you talking about? The Volkihar Clan was a vampire faction in Skyrim. The Companions’ Inner Circle was technically a faction of Werewolves(not the best example, but the point stands). If there was an area where a new, major vampire clan and werewolf pack settled and became an issue, hunters would gravitate towards that area. The DLC would revolve around these vampires/Werewolves being organized and increasingly dangerous. And no, it wouldn’t exclude players because naturally, the normal players would join the hunters. You can go ahead and say “ZOS has never done anything like that,” but that’s not the point. The point is that they should. Not every DLC has to use the same formula.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless,

Dungeon dlc would be better.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol but wouldn't it just be a cave of sorts? one littered with bones?

You mean like the vampire cave in Dracula untold but with a werewolf twist