Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Volatile Armor Damage Return

Tetter
Tetter
Soul Shriven
Hey,

I have a Question.

I don't know how to counter this and I think its too strong.
GcvxaUF.png

So that was a 5 second fight I just had where half my health was taken from this skill. Its just over 10k damage.
Sure I know now that using bloodthirst was not smart for this encounter.
But am I really expected to just not use my main damage skill?
Also should I not buff myself because Hurricane and Blade cloak will just end up hurting me more then they will help?

How do I counter this? Vigor Isn't going to negate that much damage for me if I'm still attacking him.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wait until you don't see spikes out of his back, then you hard cc and burst him down
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say your add on is bust to be honest.

No way does it do that much damage.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 30, 2017 12:32AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I say it's about right I have seen bad players kill themselves all the time hitting me with my spikes up. Not only is there damage return but the dot when I activate it is very strong and if the dk is wearing skoria extra damage.

To counter range with a bow don't use physical dot moves when they are up. Hard cc then drop the burst. Impen goes a long way and strong heals like vigor can out heal the dot damage.

Also ur rally heals seem really small 750?
    Edited by FloppyTouch on September 30, 2017 12:44AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It only deals damage to you if you melee attack him. Change it up. Got a bow back bar? Also its really not all that much damage.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I say it's about right I have seen bad players kill themselves all the time hitting me with my spikes up. Not only is there damage return but the dot when I activate it is very strong and if the dk is wearing skoria extra damage.

To counter range with a bow don't use physical dot moves when they are up. Hard cc then drop the burst. Impen goes a long way and strong heals like vigor can out heal the dot damage.

Also ur rally heals seem really small 750?

Nah, it's not right. It does nowhere near that amount of damage to me. It can be on my recap for like 2k max in a drawn out fight.
  • Tetter
    Tetter
    Soul Shriven
    In no-CP as medium armor I'm just boned against this? I mean theirs other things that are strong too but most of them have easier counter play then wait till its off and CC. Shields have that same counter but they last 6 seconds and the target is a lot less durable.
    Maybe this is just a medium armor problem.
    Edited by Tetter on September 30, 2017 5:25AM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    It only deals damage to you if you melee attack him. Change it up. Got a bow back bar? Also its really not all that much damage.

I know you posted this response back in September, but apparently it doesn't just reflect melee damage. It also reflects poison dots from several different armor types. It's been reported numerous times, but no response from @ZOS_GinaBruno or others, that I'm aware of.