The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Variation of a Pet Sorc Build

SilverIce58
SilverIce58
✭✭✭✭✭
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=17744
This is my current (or rather what I'm working up to) build for my main char, and I wanted some feedback on it. Not necessarily critiques, just thoughts on it. The race is always going to be Breton tho, and I prefer having my clanfear over some scamp. I am solo, but for the monster helm, I'll have to do some group stuff, and I could switch to the matriarch if need be (but not the scamp >.<).
Anyways, I'd just like to hear some thoughts.
Also, the CP came from Alcast's pet build, since I'm not great at allocating CP.
PC - NA
CP 1125
Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks reasonable. Personally, I prefer the scamp for extra DPS, but I understand the appeal of having the clannfear available to tank for you while doing overland questing. The Matriarch is very nice if you find yourself needing healing.

If you do find yourself struggling or being very squishy, I recommend adding shields through the Conjured Ward skill. These damage shield scale with max magicka and so they allow you to survive incoming damage without having to spec into health.

Ultimately, the best build is one that you feel comfortable playing. If the skills, rotation, and DPS results work out for you in the level of content that you want to do, then go with it!
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be quite honest, I wasn't expecting a response like yours Varanis, and I'm certainly happy with what you said and how you said it lol.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way to tell what gear you are wearing from that pic, other than an Iceheart helm. If you are using a lightning destro staff, you really don't need Elemental Ring. Heavy attacking will be just as effective.

Also, I would drop Destructive Touch for Force Pulse. If you want to proc Frags, Force Pulse gives you 3 chances per cast as each element is marked as a different "attack."

Why don't you try playing without Bound Aegis for a while too. It's not a huge dps boost. Twilight Matriarch will actually do better dps for you than the bonus to your damage that Bound Aegis provides. So you could slot her or two more skills...like Endless Fury and Haunting Curse/Daedric Prey, or Elemental Drain, or Rune Prison...There are lots of options out there that are better than double barring a skill for a little more defense and extra magicka.

Lastly, I agree that you really probably aught to be using Empowered Ward. It is your get out of jail free card. Learning to use that skill well will make you basically invincible, and free you up from feeling like you really need the Clannfear heal. Power Surge will do the work of healing you while your shield takes the heat. Then you can swap to the Familiar, which is the 2nd strongest skill in the game below Liquid Lightning.
    Edited by dpencil1 on September 30, 2017 4:02AM
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Someday zos will kill the pet sorc. Someday
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someday zos will kill the pet sorc. Someday

For most of the life of the game, it was dead.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    There's no way to tell what gear you are wearing from that pic, other than an Iceheart helm. If you are using a lightning destro staff, you really don't need Elemental Ring. Heavy attacking will be just as effective.

@dpencil1 - If you hover your mouse cursor over each armor piece on the image it will tell you what the armor piece it - what set, what weight, what enchant on it, and how many set bonuses you have. Same obviously applies to the jewelry and weapons.

In short:
    - 5x gold Law of Julianos (4x armor & staff)
    - all divines trait
    - magicka enchant on armor
    - 5x Necropotence (2x gold armor & all purple jewelry)
    - Rings have Spell Damage enchant, necklace is Health Recovery
    - 1st bar is Lightening Precise with Shock enchant
    - 2nd bar is Lightening Infused with Life Drain enchant

Edited by Kamatsu on October 2, 2017 12:40AM
    o_O
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that health recovery will help a lot since Stage 4 Vampirism reduce it with 75%.
    Edited by Bevik on October 2, 2017 1:19AM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kamatsu
    Thanks. I mainly read the forums on my phone so...no such functionality.

Agree that Health Recovery should be replaced for another Spell Damage glyph, no question.

Front bar should be Infused with Shock
    Backbar should have Flame enchant.

5 Necro + 5 Juli is fine if you don't have 3-4 trials set pieces. You could also run 3 Willpower and 2 Maw of the Infernal instead of Juli.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @Kamatsu
    Thanks. I mainly read the forums on my phone so...no such functionality.

Agree that Health Recovery should be replaced for another Spell Damage glyph, no question.

Front bar should be Infused with Shock
    Backbar should have Flame enchant.

5 Necro + 5 Juli is fine if you don't have 3-4 trials set pieces. You could also run 3 Willpower and 2 Maw of the Infernal instead of Juli.

So what trial sets would be better? I’m debating between 5 Necro + 5 Juli + Kena hat and 5 Juli + 4 Infallible Aether + 2 Ilambris.