The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Wrobel's comment on the Dragon Knight feedback post...

kojou
kojou
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is how I feel:

1wrzoz.jpg
Playing since beta...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "X" Skill is better than "Y" Skill, "X" skill needs some love.

"Y" Skill nerfed. There you go, all fixed.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

That reminds me:
    bff9322bb3c883db169acf7a15d63378.jpg
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

That reminds me:
    bff9322bb3c883db169acf7a15d63378.jpg

10/10
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrobel: We have listened to your feedback and casting Petrify will now give your character red shoes and make it ride a unicycle for 10 seconds wearing a white dress.
    Edited by kojou on September 30, 2017 1:28AM
    Playing since beta...
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just lazy balance. The problem with Stonefist wasn't Petrify; the problem with Stonefist was Stonefist. DKs are still going to use Petrify as their CC even after this range nerf. The only thing Wrobel changed is making it easier for people to kite us even more than they already do.

Eric needs to stop trying to shoehorn Stonefist into the DK toolkit as a competitive single-target CC. If he could take a step back and say, "Ok, the CC on this is just going to be a bonus effect, but not the primary ability design," it could start becoming an interesting skill.

And honestly, it sucks taking the time to test and leave feedback if they're just going to be like "Oh you think these are redundant? We'll just nerf one instead of making the redundant one interesting." They're still redundant; we're just worse off. DKs can't take anymore nerfs.
    Edited by Kilandros on September 30, 2017 1:26PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    It's just lazy balance.

This one noticed quite a trend in this patch to make skill x for this class more like skill y of that class. This is obviously lazy. It also reminded me of waaayy back in the day when their was much discussion that maybe being class based, like other mmo's, had not actually been the best idea or in the best Elder Scrolls tradition.

I'm not really sure about the if ESO should have been classless or not thing (or the sister argument that magica and stam in abilities should be rolled together into "power" and stam should just be block and sprint) but I am sure that Wrobel's balancing is generally heavy handed, lazy, and inept. ESO will never have very good engame play or balance with Wrobel at the helm. I think of it kind of like an NFL team with a bad owner like maybe Cincinnati. It doesn't mater how many good breaks and good players the franchise happens to get, with poor decision making at the top, the results will not be good.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.