The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Templar Feedback!

Volsers
Volsers
✭✭✭
Hey all!
As this update aims to bring life/utility to currently not that used skills I feel like this is the perfect time to post my feedback regarding skills that are just not that used and that I feel could be improved. I could have posted this on the official Templar feedback thread but decided to create a separate one as I also will touch on skills that is currently not changed on the PTS, with that said, lets start...
So the first skill and the one I really feel for is SunShield. This skill was very good for all Templars back in release but over the past years it has gotten to be a skill only used by really high health builds.... even tho its viable for that play style... its still really on the edge of viable so to say, because that high of an health pool leaves you with very low damage on other skills and therefore allows people to simply ignore you and you cant do anything about it.
now... lets get to the interesting stuff, and that is how this skill can improve :) . So the basic idea (after discussing with friends for quite some time) is that Sun shield and its morphs would instead Scale with your highest resource. This means that if you would for example have 35 thousand Stamina the sun shield would be for 40% of that resource... meaning that it would transfer the number of whatever 40% of your max resource is into health.
lets do a quick calculation: your max stamina is 40k... to get what number 40% of your max stamina is you do this, 40,000 x 0,4 = 16k... your dmg shield is now worth 16k health. That is what the base pve number would be, but if you cut that in half by battle spirit it would be 8k which is not too OP... the shields strenght also increases by 2% (for the blazing shield morph) for each enemy hit meaning if you hit lets say 6 enemies, 8000 x 1,12 = 8960. That is really not much of an OP number for a skill but I think its the number it needs to be for it to serve its purpose for all play styles and still not be too powerful :) . for the blazing shield morph I also feel like the damage when expires could be improved since its still not the strongest shield and to buff the damage to somewhere between 40% - 60% damage would further help with the purpose if this morph.
Blazing shield is clearly the most interesting of the morphs right? maybe, maybe not but you do not see radiant ward as often at least. other then buffing the number from each enemy hit from 2% to 3% and reduced cost it does not serve any other clear advantage that could be better on a certain setup... that is why Radiant Shield could potentially restore 10% of the abilities cost for each enemy hit stacking up to 60 - 70%.

There you have a clear choice if you want the sustain/defensive option or the more offensive play style. For the last skilled unlocked of a skill line and a cost of nearly 4000 magicka I think these changes would totally be worth it and it would make the skill far more used for certain builds :)

Now...if all that text did not make you dizzy, I have one more skill I wanna give my feedback on!
and that skill is Healing Ritual. the reason this skill is not used is because for the current pace of the combat system, rather then gaining healing you instead lose out on it since you could have used that time for other things. having 1 second where you do not do anything can also prove lethal against good players (or bosses in PvE), most of them will see that its a great window to kill you really fast...
The ideal way to improve this in my opinion would be to either remove the cast time and make it a Healing over time or to make it a really long healing overtime but keep the cast time... these changes will make it more valuable to cast when you find the moment to and also give it a different use then its big brother breath of life who acts almost the same but a bit better even.
The morph Ritual of Rebirth could either give you major brutality and major sorcery as a side effect(allowing Stamplar to use something else then rally and magplar something else then entropy to use for those buffs)... or it could make the heal scale of your highest stat allowing stamplars to use it for the healing as well if they wish, or both.
Hasty prayer could instead give minor protection to all nearby allies expect yourself, therefore giving it a more defensive/teamplay oriented use.

I think these changes overall could really up the utility of these skills, help with Templar build variety and also open up some new and interesting play styles! ;)
I did not came up with these ideas myself but discussed them all with friends for the best feedback we could make. Other then that i have nothing more to say other then thank you for reading all of this and in return it can give ZOS some great feedback! ;)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thoughts. I will add about sun shield that...it has recently gotten two huge nerfs, one directly to the damage of blazing shield, the other to the most common health stack set.

Also you cannot have it scale off of stamina...that would give stamina toons too much. They tried it with bone shield. Which is incredibly similar to blazing shields scaling mechanics, they made it scale off stamina and within the next pts cycle was changed for being way too strong. It needs to scale off health, and it needs to be damage buffed, but perhaps remove the plague doctor set altogether.

For healing skill, they either need to make them both hots both cast time, or remove and replace woth somthing like our old blinding flashes. We need an AoE stun. Also the should keep the idea of solar barage being cast time AND a DoT but give it major defile and remove the empower...or just make it identical to dark flare without the empower and without defile except instant. Or make it cast three flares without the empower or defile and keep the cast time
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun shield definitely needs help but scaling it off your max stat..? It would be too much of a boost though.

What should be done in a more "balanced" way is i think just removing the battle spirit effect from it but adding a max shield value ~10k or so.
    That way it still will be a trade-off between adding more health or magicka to your build without making it useless for any type of builds.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS DOES NOT WANT YOUR FEEDBACK
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you're clearly insane.

Nothing to see here people.
  • Volsers
    Volsers
    ✭✭✭
    It is hard figuring out something useful but still not too broken.
    Soris wrote: »
    Sun shield definitely needs help but scaling it off your max stat..? It would be too much of a boost though.

What should be done in a more "balanced" way is i think just removing the battle spirit effect from it but adding a max shield value ~10k or so.
    That way it still will be a trade-off between adding more health or magicka to your build without making it useless for any type of builds.

good idea ^^ I actually had something similar in mind at first. Making the skill ignore battles spirit but put a cap on it does sound pretty good! as you said it would still want to make you spec more into health but lowering the gap so you can still run a fairly good amount of other stats.