The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Restore Stamina Glyph to deal Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage

Izaki
Izaki
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was just thinking... Currently this enchantment deals X Magic Damage and restores Y Stamina. Wouldn't it be slightly more logical and beneficial for the enchant to deal X Physical damage and restore Y Stamina?

I don't really see any reason for this change not to be made. Since the base damage of the enchant deals less damage than Disease and Poison glyphs it would not render the glyph uber strong, but it would definitely make it a viable option for both PvP and PvE since it does give a pretty decent chunk of sustain as well as still doing some damage. Physical damage also doesn't have any status effects, so that's another tradeoff. Most likely, everyone will stick to Poison and Disease glyphs in PvE and PvP respectively, but this would definitely become an option for those who'd prefer the extra little bit of sustain.

Now in terms of the recovery it gives (keep in mind the opposite is true for the Magicka counter part also):
The normal Legendary glyph restores 351 stamina with a cooldown of 5 seconds which is an effective return of 70.2 stamina per second, in other words, 140 recovery.
The Infused Legendary glyph restores 456 stamina with a cooldown of 2.5 seconds which is an effective return of 182.5 stamina per second, in other words 363 recovery. However, due to the GCDs present in the game, its highly unlikely that one would be able to proc this enchant exactly every 2.5 seconds, it would usually be closer to every 3 seconds, which translates into 152 stamina/s or 304 stamina recovery.
So as you can see, the potential recovery from this Glyph is quite huge, however, in terms of the current damage, since its Magic damage, it doesn't scale with neither Mighty nor Precise Strikes nor Piercing, nor any other sources of Weapon Critical Chance and Critical Damage or Physical Penetration, thus causing a pretty big loss of DPS. The Restore Magicka glyph doesn't have this problem with Spell Critical Chance and Critical Damage or Spell Penetration (duh).

So what could be a great enchant option isn't used due to the pretty big loss of DPS compared to Poison or Disease enchants. Like I've said above: if this glyph's damage were to be Physical and not Magic, it would still be doing less DPS than Poison or Disease, due to the simple fact that its base damage is lower than the other two. Same thing goes for Restore Magicka glyph, it does less DPS than Fire, Shock or Frost glyphs.

And after all, its only fair that Stamina builds get to benefit from the Restore Stamina glyph in terms of damage the same way Magicka builds can benefit from the Restore Magicka glyph... Right? So I suggest a simple change to this glyph: instead of dealing X Magic Damage and restoring Y Stamina, it should be changed to dealing X Physical Damage and restore Y Stamina.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thoughts?
@ Izaki #PCEU
#FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
#MoreDPSthanYou
#Stamblade
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thought out and reasoned. I agree they should make this change.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it should deal physical damage.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad you guys agree! To be honest... I'm not even planning on using this glyph even if it does get changed... It was just bugging me, since there are always times where you'd want to have another option. And if it does get changed, I might actually use it on a Stam Sorc since they have one of them sweet extra 5% Physical Damage passives.

Either way, I really do hope that this small change finds its way onto the live server sometime soon.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they are already affected by highest crit (not sure about pen). I also think ZoS will not want to do physical enchant. But I agree and support this idea of enchant that fully scales with stamina oriented CP, be it physical, poison, disease or new type.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I think they are already affected by highest crit (not sure about pen). I also think ZoS will not want to do physical enchant. But I agree and support this idea of enchant that fully scales with stamina oriented CP, be it physical, poison, disease or new type.

Yeah its affected by the highest critical chance, BUT its doesn't get buffed by Precise Strikes. And from my testing it wasn't affected by Physical Penetration at all. So its basically just like ultimates, except that Weapon/Spell Damage and Max Stamina/Magicka don't do anything for it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    How that glyph still is magic damage is beyond me, it makes no sense at all
    Edited by Raghul on September 30, 2017 10:01AM
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just going to bump this in hopes that ZOS sees this and includes it in the next PTS patch

#Icandreamright?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another bump... Please? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already use this instead of posion on my main hand infused, does like 1-2k and basically adds 200-300 regen, if this was physical, it would be even better then poison, as the dot from the enchant can be caused by posion injection or then posion snipe morph.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never thinking about this, but in the end it has no sense at all. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already use this instead of posion on my main hand infused, does like 1-2k and basically adds 200-300 regen, if this was physical, it would be even better then poison, as the dot from the enchant can be caused by posion injection or then posion snipe morph.

Poison would do about 500 more DPS than Physical. At least that's what I'm seeing with Flame vs Magic. So better? Not necessarily. An option? Yes.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Poison would do about 500 more DPS than Physical. At least that's what I'm seeing with Flame vs Magic. So better? Not necessarily. An option? Yes.

K.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood why the Stamina enchant does MAGIC damage... it's not even logical and needs to be changed.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    I guess some magic builds like it for a bit of stam return
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    I was just thinking... Currently this enchantment deals X Magic Damage and restores Y Stamina. Wouldn't it be slightly more logical and beneficial for the enchant to deal X Physical damage and restore Y Stamina?

I don't really see any reason for this change not to be made. Since the base damage of the enchant deals less damage than Disease and Poison glyphs it would not render the glyph uber strong, but it would definitely make it a viable option for both PvP and PvE since it does give a pretty decent chunk of sustain as well as still doing some damage. Physical damage also doesn't have any status effects, so that's another tradeoff. Most likely, everyone will stick to Poison and Disease glyphs in PvE and PvP respectively, but this would definitely become an option for those who'd prefer the extra little bit of sustain.

Now in terms of the recovery it gives (keep in mind the opposite is true for the Magicka counter part also):
    The normal Legendary glyph restores 351 stamina with a cooldown of 5 seconds which is an effective return of 70.2 stamina per second, in other words, 140 recovery.
    The Infused Legendary glyph restores 456 stamina with a cooldown of 2.5 seconds which is an effective return of 182.5 stamina per second, in other words 363 recovery. However, due to the GCDs present in the game, its highly unlikely that one would be able to proc this enchant exactly every 2.5 seconds, it would usually be closer to every 3 seconds, which translates into 152 stamina/s or 304 stamina recovery.
    So as you can see, the potential recovery from this Glyph is quite huge, however, in terms of the current damage, since its Magic damage, it doesn't scale with neither Mighty nor Precise Strikes nor Piercing, nor any other sources of Weapon Critical Chance and Critical Damage or Physical Penetration, thus causing a pretty big loss of DPS. The Restore Magicka glyph doesn't have this problem with Spell Critical Chance and Critical Damage or Spell Penetration (duh).

So what could be a great enchant option isn't used due to the pretty big loss of DPS compared to Poison or Disease enchants. Like I've said above: if this glyph's damage were to be Physical and not Magic, it would still be doing less DPS than Poison or Disease, due to the simple fact that its base damage is lower than the other two. Same thing goes for Restore Magicka glyph, it does less DPS than Fire, Shock or Frost glyphs.

And after all, its only fair that Stamina builds get to benefit from the Restore Stamina glyph in terms of damage the same way Magicka builds can benefit from the Restore Magicka glyph... Right? So I suggest a simple change to this glyph: instead of dealing X Magic Damage and restoring Y Stamina, it should be changed to dealing X Physical Damage and restore Y Stamina.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thoughts?

But that makes to much sense!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool to see both the Absorb Magicka and Stamina enchant also get buffed in terms of their resource return. Maybe also have it actually drain stats in PvP as well (maybe not without an ICD placed on a target, to prevent zergs from spamming it)?

Keep the damage on it on the lower part of the spectrum, but buff the resource return so you have a clear loss in one area, but gain in another.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good reasoning and balanced, which means ZOS will probably ignore it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »
    I guess some magic builds like it for a bit of stam return

Yeah, but come on, throw us stamina builds a bone too!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade