Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on vMA Stage 7, need help please

SondreGrande
SondreGrande
✭✭✭
First off - no this is not at all a "NERF VMA PLS" rage, I think vMA has been fair up untill now.

Hi! So as you saw in the title, I'm stuck on stage 7 in vMA. I have viewed Alcast and Deltia and other's videos about stage 7, and I'd say that I know the mechanics. Resource management is not a problem, I never run out of magicka. The poison casters is usually no problem, easy 2 shot, dead within seconds of spawn. But the random flower poison bursts kills me, they more too fast for me to roll dodge out off. And this together with stuns from boss at the exact same time..? K well take a look at the setup I'm using..

5xNecropotence
5xInfallible Aether
1x Iceheart

All Divine/Arcane/Sharpened/Infused, 1x Spell Damage, 2xMag Recovery, Shock/Spell Damage on weap, Max Magicka on armor.

15k health + 19k shield ~100% uptime
40k magicka

Front Bar; Hardened Ward, CFrag, Force Pulse, Power Surge, Volatile Familiar ult: Fiery Rage
Back Bar; Boundless Storm, Liquid Lightning, Daedric Pray, Ele Drain, Volatile Familiar ult: Thunderous Rage

all passives + vamp

Witchmothers Potent Brew + Essense of Spell Power

CP Allocation is that of Alcast's mag sorc build: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-build-pve/#content5

i just cannot clear stage 7... I've done all prev stages with this exact build, no sweat at all. But on this stage, I just cannot..
Is there any tips you have for me? I've completed next to all other end game content, vMA is just the last thing I need to clear. Change in gear? Change in abilities? Any general tips for clearing the boss? Any help is appreciated <3
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like JoyDivisions guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/233356/joys-updated-guide-to-beating-maelstrom-arena-now-with-videos

In my experience and from what I see in other posts, the poison burst RNG just sucks in general. If the plants are spawning under the shield, you can sometimes help that by killing the add with the least plants on their side of the arena.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep trying, really you should just not be near them. They are relatively visible. I also sometimes run past them when things are easier and explode them on purpose when I know I can avoid it. The only time they should be real trouble is when they pop up in the blue shield the adds cast for you.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would adjust my health to 17-18k

You can roll dodge through one edge in order to remove it from an unconvenient location but it takes practice to do.
    Edited by Morgul667 on September 29, 2017 2:30AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to keep watch and just avoid going anywheres near the flowers. Seriously. I never pop a flower by myself - they only pop if the argonian comes, and that's instantly where my focus is then.

As well, when the archers spawn I attempt to take a quick look to see who I have a clear path to run to, and who doesn't have flowers near them. Unfortunately if the argonian pops up, or a random flower spawns.. welp, that's just the RNG of it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I usually do:

* Decide in which part of the arena I want to be 90% of the time. For me it´s the northern part of the arena. Only times I move away from here is when I need to kill a venomcaller or kill the Wamasu boss (but sometimes I just let the Wamasu come to me as well). Reason why I stay in this area is because almost all important mobs that you need to kill fast will spawn in the upper part of stage 7.

* This half of the arena I try to keep "clean" from spores as much as possible. This mean you´ve to pop them yourself from time to time. Best time to pop them is inbetween each round.

* Regarding the stun from the boss: You need to let him stun you or else he will try to stun you forever. When you see that you´re being stun, spam the break free button. If you don´t break free fast enough you can get one shot and get a heavy bleed dot on you.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear, skills setup - it won't be any of that. It's tactics / mechanics.

Zoom right out is tip 1, more special awareness

Run around less - less chance to step in stupid.

Not rushing to sigils helps the above. I only use defence on the triple archer add round ignore the rest so you choose your position

Plants pop on proximity. They don't spawn that quick, you much be running Into them, they only spawn fast when summoner calls them

Negate is cool this stage

Look up @Lukums1
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks alot for the replies! Guess I just gotta get better at my dodging and awareness and just keep trying hahah.
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend necro - juli - iceheart so u get unduanted passive + lots of crit for heals. Use tri pots :)
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    115992d5c01a8bba1df1cc877e001ab5.jpg

Thanks lads! More situational awareness and caring more for the buffs helped me alot. 1 step closer! Not looking forward to stage 9 x)
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm about to rage. Was on stage 9, last boss, 23th attempt, 10% health left BOOM goes my internet.. "Crown Store Veteran Maelstrom Arena Completion" please.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're getting back downstairs on Stage 9 then you really are close to complete. It won't be too long ... just keep at it!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done @SondreGrande and as above to even get that far in 23 attempts you are kicking ass. Its in the bag
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll complete it by the end of the weekend @SondreGrande. I spent a couple hundred attempts on round 9 my first clear. Getting downstairs with resources left is the hardest part of the last fight.
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying again and again now @AverageJo3Gam3r hahah, burning so much spell power potions, soul gems and gold on repairs.. Cant even get past Orge on stage 4 ahahah. I'll make it tho, one day. But I swear to god, if I drop a Ice Staff, I'm not to be seen in Tamriel for at least 6 months :D

This is what I've been seing for the last hours :)
    649fd51bafa821370b702d3c92cf18ae.jpg
    Edited by SondreGrande on September 29, 2017 9:02PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, are you running surge? That is a huge passive source of healing, and let's you avoid using spell power pots.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Not rushing to sigils helps the above. I only use defence on the triple archer add round ignore the rest so you choose your position

Plants pop on proximity. They don't spawn that quick, you much be running Into them, they only spawn fast when summoner calls them

Look up @Lukums1
    Beardimus wrote: »

Look up @Lukums1

Lukums1 to the rescue!!!

Let's do this thing!

You're looking at the pro videos which is generally mistake 1... but no time to dwell on that.

Round 7 is simple! Like really simple, so many people have asked for help and my advice has never bum steered people wrong.

There are "safe spots" which was proven in my live stream a number of times by staying in close proximity of the green circle pools NOT in them CLOSE. If you like I can provide a video or photos showing you this, ultimately you could ask me reallllly nicely to log in and stream what I'm claiming above.

So what I found was for rounds you need to mitigate defensive sigil + healing sigil if this is your trouble.
    On boss round what you can do is HUG the pool CLOSE not on top and you'll never ever get flowered you need to stand at a 45 degree angel to ensure flowers don't spawn. I'll see if I can get a photo.

For the boss itself you're best bet is to MAN handle him by staying in that safe spot allowing you to never be flowered, the only time you'll need to move is when adds come, when adds come MOVE TO THE OTHER safe spot (next green pool) to pick off the adds while you make your way over there.

www.twitch.tv/videos/122369772 --- guide 2
    www.twitch.tv/videos/111730700 -- guide 1 which many people like better (meh) lol.

If you need further help let me know I've literally spent HUNDREDS of hours showing people via shareplay... guides and walking people through even just on coms I'm happy to help if you need me

Good luck!
    Edited by Lukums1 on October 4, 2017 3:42AM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    @Lukums1 Thanks alot! I'm at stage 9 now, got to last boss, this is where I'm stuck now ahaha, but I thank you alot for the full guide you made, it helped me through stage 7 and 8! But damn, you dedicate alot to helping people with vMA..

So i've read ur guide on stage 9 aswell, but for some reason I just cant do it. I got it to 10% health, but then my internet cut out, as I said earlier, and after that I just CANNOT do it hahah, any other tips else than what you wrote in your guide?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lukums1 Thanks alot! I'm at stage 9 now, got to last boss, this is where I'm stuck now ahaha, but I thank you alot for the full guide you made, it helped me through stage 7 and 8! But damn, you dedicate alot to helping people with vMA..

So i've read ur guide on stage 9 aswell, but for some reason I just cant do it. I got it to 10% health, but then my internet cut out, as I said earlier, and after that I just CANNOT do it hahah, any other tips else than what you wrote in your guide?

Hey mate

I'm so bloody glad it helped you! awesome!!!!!

Ok so if you got it to 10% theres not much I can add HOWEVER.

1. Engage Boss
    2. Defensive sigil when he teleports
    3. Kill add
    4. Back on boss
    5. Prepare for CG I do suppression field here to nullify CG (no fire breathing) true for STAM and MAG!
    6. Kill CG
    7. Focus boss
    8. Up you go (generally) if not kill mage
    9. Crystals always move in 1 direction to ALWAYS avoid falling meteors (true)
    10. Going down, if you pass ANY sigil thats NOT healing grab it
    11. Interupt boss
    12. Engage Boss
    13. Kill walking add to middle 1-2 seconds
    14. Collect golds
    15. Kill walking add
    16. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT on the 3rd ghost your collecting he/she will generally (torrent) BUT what you can do is LOOK for the 3rd ghost and SPECTRAL explosion while this is happening your timing has to be generally perfect if you don't want to risk it hug boss interupt and pickup the gold ghost for the easy spectral.
    17. Prepare for CG (suppression field is key) nullify that ***
    18. kill Cg
    19. BURN BOSS
    20. Win

Any further help let me know but keep watching my videos! keep me posted

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

Hey mate

1. Engage Boss
    3. Kill add
    4. Back on boss
    5. Prepare for CG I do suppression field here to nullify CG (no fire breathing) true for STAM and MAG!
    6. Kill CG
    7. Focus boss
    11. Interupt boss
    12. Engage Boss
    14. Collect golds
    15. Kill walking add
    16. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT on the 3rd ghost your collecting he/she will generally (torrent) BUT what you can do is LOOK for the 3rd ghost and SPECTRAL explosion while this is happening your timing has to be generally perfect if you don't want to risk it hug boss interupt and pickup the gold ghost for the easy spectral.
    18. kill Cg
    19. BURN BOSS
    20. Win

Luke

So I sat for 6 hours yesterday, on that one boss x) I got him down past 25% many times, but he jumps into some kind of enrage? The screen goes gray and well.. Lets just say theres no chance in hell that I can survive that hahaha. may I ask however, why not grab healing sigil? I did this the other times I got down past crystal phase, does this trigger this enraged phase or what?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey mate

1. Engage Boss
    3. Kill add
    4. Back on boss
    6. Kill CG
    7. Focus boss
    11. Interupt boss
    12. Engage Boss
    14. Collect golds
    15. Kill walking add
    18. kill Cg
    19. BURN BOSS
    20. Win

Luke

So I sat for 6 hours yesterday, on that one boss x) I got him down past 25% many times, but he jumps into some kind of enrage? The screen goes gray and well.. Lets just say theres no chance in hell that I can survive that hahaha. may I ask however, why not grab healing sigil? I did this the other times I got down past crystal phase, does this trigger this enraged phase or what?

You let him get 3 gold ghosts..Never let him get a ghost. 3 and it's instadeath.
    Generally on the above I'd get defensive THEN get the Ghost, it's spawns pretty much straight away. then focus on the rest.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey mate

1. Engage Boss
    3. Kill add
    4. Back on boss
    6. Kill CG
    7. Focus boss
    11. Interupt boss
    12. Engage Boss
    14. Collect golds
    15. Kill walking add
    18. kill Cg
    19. BURN BOSS
    20. Win

Luke

Ok let me revise -

18. kill Cg ( THIS IS WHERE YOU GRAB THE HEALING SIGIL)

Remember it's about mitigation which you can do easily with the above strat.
    I left that out so my apology.

What CP are you? What gear do you run?

Would you like me to stream it and we can discuss together live?

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭

Ok let me revise -

Luke

2x Ilambris impenetrable (sadly), 5x Necro divine, 3x Infallible Aether arcane
    I am cp 616

I mean, I could try a few runs, been taking a break, cause I was litterally sitting and pulling out hairs the last 5 of 150 rounds I've been doing stage 9 last boss :P If I cant do that, sure if you wanna help live I would appreciate it alot. But I dont want to be a hassle hahah
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok let me revise -

Luke

2x Ilambris impenetrable (sadly), 5x Necro divine, 3x Infallible Aether arcane
    I am cp 616

I mean, I could try a few runs, been taking a break, cause I was litterally sitting and pulling out hairs the last 5 of 150 rounds I've been doing stage 9 last boss :P If I cant do that, sure if you wanna help live I would appreciate it alot. But I dont want to be a hassle hahah

Let's do it live you good now? @SondreGrande
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    9983dc75f58e47f7500aad8e16add22c.jpg

I FINALLY DID IT.

By the gods the feeling in my stomach when I saw the boss was on 1%. I literally jumped up from my chair, screaming, jumping up and down. My girlfriend and my dog just looked at me stupidly, but they dont know. About 300 deaths, ~50k gold in gear repair and lots of gems for recharge, it is finally done. Was it worth it? Yes. Does vMA need to be nerfed? NO. Yes, you will get very frustrated, like I've been. But this game needs this, need this ultimate test to test your skills. Thanks for everyone that replied to this post and helped me out :)

Thanks ALOT to @Lukums1 , I could not have done it without you.

Dropped a Restoration Staff, Defending... Soooo, looking forward to the next runs..!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHHA,

Wp sir I knew you could do it.

Good work and thanks for the shout out - Lukums1 strikes again.

Good work!

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion