The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dagger and axe question

deepseamk20b14_ESO
deepseamk20b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Couldn't find any information that wasn't fairly old so I'll ask.

I had a penetration based build where I used two swords and that was great but I've made another build due to being bored with the other and at the moment am wondering weapon types.

Ideally I wanted 2 daggers, one infused, one sharpened. Crit would be 69% in this case.

I'm having an insanely bad run of RNG luck and have so far only acquired a sharpened dagger and a sharpened axe.

Now, I've used infused since they buffed it and I really like it. I use it with weapon damage enchantment which sure, only adds 104 weapon damage however I can maintain that buff damn near all the time as opposed to 348 weapon damage for 5 seconds every 10 seconds.

Sure I can transmutation in the next patch but until then, what's better?

Sharpened axe and sharpened dagger
Or
Infused dagger and sharpened dagger
Or
Sharpened dagger and sharpened dagger
Or
Sharpened (insert a weapon) and precise (insert weapon)

I wouldn't be mad if a precise dagger dropped but I feel the penetration (ever so small since they nerfed it) would be better.

The axe really only gives an 8% chance of a bleed where as a dagger gives some crit, but which is better? People wearing impen aside (as my crit modifier goes between 85 and 95% depending) even a crit mitigated by crit resist hits harder than a non crit, not to mention better crit heals. I also don't have to sacrifice weapon damage or sustain to achieve any of that so that's a moot issue.

To give you an idea, my stats with major brutality, major weapon crit (completely forget the name of the buff) no crouch, no cloak and no Cont. Ark. are 5k weapon damage (with infused weapon enchantment, without a bit lower), 69% (if I had two daggers, one infused and one sharpened ), 84% crit damage modifier (adding rearming trap brings it to 94%), stamina is 31.2k I believe, and depending on final weapon choice around 6.5+ penetration (might be a bit higher but I can't log on to check).

Knowing this, what weapon combination from above would be best?
Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Use atleast one axe. I use 2. Axe bleed is amazing. Allows you to setup burst combos much easier.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't find any information that wasn't fairly old so I'll ask.

I had a penetration based build where I used two swords and that was great but I've made another build due to being bored with the other and at the moment am wondering weapon types.

Ideally I wanted 2 daggers, one infused, one sharpened. Crit would be 69% in this case.

I'm having an insanely bad run of RNG luck and have so far only acquired a sharpened dagger and a sharpened axe.

Now, I've used infused since they buffed it and I really like it. I use it with weapon damage enchantment which sure, only adds 104 weapon damage however I can maintain that buff damn near all the time as opposed to 348 weapon damage for 5 seconds every 10 seconds.

Sure I can transmutation in the next patch but until then, what's better?

Sharpened axe and sharpened dagger
    Or
    Infused dagger and sharpened dagger
    Or
    Sharpened dagger and sharpened dagger
    Or
    Sharpened (insert a weapon) and precise (insert weapon)

I wouldn't be mad if a precise dagger dropped but I feel the penetration (ever so small since they nerfed it) would be better.

The axe really only gives an 8% chance of a bleed where as a dagger gives some crit, but which is better? People wearing impen aside (as my crit modifier goes between 85 and 95% depending) even a crit mitigated by crit resist hits harder than a non crit, not to mention better crit heals. I also don't have to sacrifice weapon damage or sustain to achieve any of that so that's a moot issue.

To give you an idea, my stats with major brutality, major weapon crit (completely forget the name of the buff) no crouch, no cloak and no Cont. Ark. are 5k weapon damage (with infused weapon enchantment, without a bit lower), 69% (if I had two daggers, one infused and one sharpened ), 84% crit damage modifier (adding rearming trap brings it to 94%), stamina is 31.2k I believe, and depending on final weapon choice around 6.5+ penetration (might be a bit higher but I can't log on to check).

Knowing this, what weapon combination from above would be best?

Reading your post, I understand this a build for PvP? I wanted to know which sets you're running which give 5k WD. Would appreciate a reply.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading your post, I understand this a build for PvP? I wanted to know which sets you're running which give 5k WD. Would appreciate a reply.

Yes, a PvP build.

And what procs the axe bleed? LA/HA I assume, do abilities proc it? Just dual wield or also class abilities?
    Edited by deepseamk20b14_ESO on September 28, 2017 1:35PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, for PvP I go sword and axe. Nirnhoned main hand, sharpened offhand.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Any melee ability can proc axe bleed
    Edited by Speed_Kills on September 28, 2017 3:26PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'll give the axe a try.