The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Horns of the Reach Delver Giveaway

ThorinWolfgang
ThorinWolfgang
✭✭✭
Hello!
I was chosen as the winner in “horns of the reach delver giveaway”
2nlwtua.jpg
But I was told that I can not be a winner because I am a resident of a non-suitable country.
34r90cp.png
idaslu.png
So I have a question, where are the rules about the country and the other terms of the lottery?
Just compare two lotteries:
THE #ESO #MILLIONREASONSTOPLAY $1,000,000 (USD) GIVEAWAY:
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25551
THE HORNS OF THE REACH DELVER GIVEAWAY!:
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26181
In the first case, all the rules are specified in the post, and there is also a separate link to the rules. In the second case, not one word about the country or other restrictions for participants (only about the conditions under which it is necessary to make a screenshot).
Especially considering that the award is non-material, I see no reason to divide participants into countries and do not understand the grounds for refusing my participation. What do You think about it?
Edited by ThorinWolfgang on September 27, 2017 1:04PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just got ZOSed :/
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is your countries laws, not ZOS.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I'd like to know is how would they allow people to even register for these things if they already know they can't obtain them if they win?
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your crowns ? :D
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they are good enough to take your money from Ukraine then they should be good enough to reward you with this prize.

I dont know any legal jargon but cant see why they would use where you play from as a negative factor. If me and you subscribe, we contribute the same.
  • MakeWaySenche
    MakeWaySenche
    ✭✭
    Wowww, that sucks so bad XD
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rekt.

I'll take the crowns instead, hit me up ZOS
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG, that sucks! I was nearly sure that this giveaway was for everyone. I know many people from my country (which, as I see now, is also not eligible) who entered this giveaway because there was NO INFORMATION regarding country restrictions.

I feel really sorry for you... :(

ZOS, once again you showed disrespect for your players.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so harsh. Racist too...
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »

Well, don't you think that Zenimax should have properly informed all players about it when they were entering the giveaway? Players from countries that are not eligible should not have a possibility at all to enter the giveaway. But in that case they did!
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people need to start reading the rules before the enter a giveaway :)
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • MyGTX
    MyGTX
    ✭✭✭
    TtISNLYS0SA.jpg
    like a zooooos
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't do this to annoy you or because they are racist, it's just the result of local laws being different per country. For some countries the laws are just to complicated to run such a giveaway so companies just exclude them from participating.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik the reward not being Material unfortunately doesn't matter, since both the crowns and the mount have monetary value defined by ZOS.

The eligible countries not being included in the giveaway post is a *** on ZOS' part.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the plus side you've got a cool name
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    That is so harsh. Racist too...

It has nothing to do with racism, Its due to Ukraine's laws. There isn't really anything ZoS can do about it. The only issue on ZoS' end is that they failed to inform players whether or not they were eligible.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Afaik the reward not being Material unfortunately doesn't matter, since both the crowns and the mount have monetary value defined by ZOS.

The eligible countries not being included in the giveaway post is a *** on ZOS' part.

Especially when its not a real $ transaction mostly, even though yes crowns are only bought with real $ but if the reward is just crowns and a mount I would say it should be available to anyone since your not making any real $ off it.
  • LexBo
    LexBo
    Soul Shriven
    Hello!
    I was chosen as the winner in “horns of the reach delver giveaway”
    2nlwtua.jpg
    But I was told that I can not be a winner because I am a resident of a non-suitable country.
    34r90cp.png
    idaslu.png
    So I have a question, where are the rules about the country and the other terms of the lottery?
    Just compare two lotteries:
    THE #ESO #MILLIONREASONSTOPLAY $1,000,000 (USD) GIVEAWAY:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25551
    THE HORNS OF THE REACH DELVER GIVEAWAY!:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26181
    In the first case, all the rules are specified in the post, and there is also a separate link to the rules. In the second case, not one word about the country or other restrictions for participants (only about the conditions under which it is necessary to make a screenshot).
    Especially considering that the award is non-material, I see no reason to divide participants into countries and do not understand the grounds for refusing my participation. What do You think about it?

We the non-americans, are only here to buy and play there game.(they are just like the high elves)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your country isn't eligible? That's what ZOS says? I can't believe a country doesn't allow a gaming account to receive a virtual award. However, the gaming company CAN receive REAL MONEY from you? ;)

Interesting...

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    essi2 wrote: »

Especially when its not a real $ transaction mostly, even though yes crowns are only bought with real $ but if the reward is just crowns and a mount I would say it should be available to anyone since your not making any real $ off it.

Should be? Yes, but that is not how most laws regarding giving away things that have value work. Whether the value is real (Money, Hardware, Food etc.) or Imaginary (Crowns, in-game cosmetic, in-game item etc.) doesn't usually matter, legally.

My guess is that the laws in this case are unusually draconian or non-standard compared to the other countries where Zenimax does business.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excluded from THE #ESO #MILLIONREASONSTOPLAY $1,000,000 (USD) GIVEAWAY: Reason I live if Florida. Oh well
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch :c
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably did that *** on purpose to avoid giving out free currency. Shady as usual.
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS ill have the rewards :wink: you know to make it fair on everyone ... :D
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have given them somebodies address who you trust and just said that you were visiting your family in Ukraine. :(
    Edited by adeptusminor on September 27, 2017 1:43PM
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭

It could very well be the case, but I think our OP can legally buy crowns in the crown store, but ZOS cannot just give him the free crowns?

Come on...
  • Rokh
    Rokh
    ✭✭
    Oh... sorry to hear that!

This same time last year I got the RoM/CoS skins and had a great time! But this year I got busy with RL and just couldn't find the time to even attempt Falkreath/Bloodroot before the contest due dates.

I am actually now glad I did not spam my fellow third world countrymen's social media with my nonsense :p
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeorath wrote: »

It could very well be the case, but I think our OP can legally buy crowns in the crown store, but ZOS cannot just give him the free crowns?

Come on...

Giveaways and lotteries have very specific rules and laws in each country and even different states in the US.
  • Goratesque
    Goratesque
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if I were you I would tell that I'm going to sue them and they'll be lawyered for that. Then I'd like to see them struggling with how "non-suitable country" in "legal" way while drinking a glass of good wine.
    My Guilds:
    PC/EU - EP | Skyrim Lejyonu | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Black Horse Courier | GM
    PC/EU - EP | Siyah Atlı Kurye | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Imperial Trading Company
    PC/EU - EP | Unlimited Undaunted
    My Characters:
    Daggerfall Covenant
    [^]Master Arctus | DD - Magicka Nightblade (Breton, Battlemage of the Empire)
    Khaled al-Bergama | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Redguard, Forebear)
    Brother Marcel | Healer - Magicka Templar (Breton, Monk)
    Lucius Detritus | Tank - Health Necromancer (Imperial, Colovian)
    Sir Armand Dubois | Tank - Health Templar (Breton, Knight)
    Akhenatosh | DD - Stamina Templar (Imperial, Nibenese)
    Shrek Xl | Tank - Health Arcanist (Orc, Swamp Ogre)
    Selena Tharn | DD - Magicka Necromancer (Breton, Vampire)

Ebonheart Pact
    Goras Dagoth | DD - Magicka Dragonknight (Dunmer, Sixth House)
    Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal | Tank - Health Warden (Nord, Undead Kamal)
    Never-Gives-Up | Tank - Health Nightblade (Argonian, Shadowscale)
    Uruk gro-Mauloch | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Mountain Orc of Skyrim)
    Freydis Iron-Shield | Tank - Health Sorcerer (Nord, Champion)
    *Kelvedkaal | DD - Stamina Arcanist (Nord, Dragon Priest)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Robin of Valenwood | DD - Stamina Nightblade (Imperial, Strident)
    Tihullu | Healer - Stamina Warden (Bosmer, Druid)
    *Rilis Xll of Firsthold | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Altmer, Lich High Kinlord)
    Dark Kinlord Sauron | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Dunmer, Xivkyn Dreadguard)
    Prince Taka | DD - Hybrid Templar (Khajiit, Two-Moons Warrior Priest)

[^]This is my Main character overall.
    *This is my Primary character in that Alliance.
    My Primary Residence: Strident Springs Demesne (Arenthia, Reaper's March)
  • oranje_elf
    oranje_elf
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I am still waiting for any reaction from ZOS in this thread.. Some form of a compensation (free mount/motif/whatever else) will be appropriate in this situation. Kind of "we created a mess, but we care about our players" gesture. I cannot imagine my reaction if I would first get an email with congratulations, only to later realize that I am "not eligible" for some stupid legal constraints that were not even properly communicated!

Overall, I find these events/lotteries that work in some parts of the world and do not work in some other a bit shady - if you are fine with a player spending his/her money on your game - he is automatically eligible for any events like this. And it should be up to ZOS to find out how to make it work for everyone, especially in the case of virtual currencies.
This discussion has been closed.