The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your Mag DK Playstyle

oburn
oburn
So I've been back to the game now for a month, left over a year ago.What type of builds are you guys running for group play in Cyrodill. I mostly PvP with my guild in a group in open world and Imp City.

Right now I've been playing around with S/B and Resto, with Skoria/ 5 Heavy Kag/5 Sun. I was using Vanguard's "Flame King" build. The other style would be double S/B with 2 piece Blood Spawn. I really don't know what style I like best. I do like the resto build for getting resources back and the Ult.

I'm just curious what others are running. As far as skills on the bar go, I'm good with that. My biggest struggle on the Dk is CP in the Mage Tree. This seems to be the tree that is all over the place when you see other builds on youtube, especially Thaumaturge as some say 75 and others say it's useless this patch.

So what set up's are you guys using or enjoy to use? Any any help with The Mage Tree would be great. With the "Flame King" build using the Skoria I've been running 75 Thaumaturge, but double S/B set up's I'm not as sure with when it comes to The Mage.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 blood spawn. 5 shackle breaker. 5 Sun/desert rose. Double sword and board. 5Light sturdy 1 Medium impen 1 heavy impen. Skoria for duels.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old: BS, Impreg, AM all sturdy tank. Double S/B. 5/1/1 heavy tri stat food/glyphs, 1 cost reduct, 2 sp. Nirn front bar, defending back.

New: Shackle, sun, skoria, bursty build. Impen, 5/1/1 light, Witchmother brew, all mag glyphs . Nirn+infused swords front bar, impen/def back bar.

Rotation: Dots: (Entropy, armour, inferno/breath, embers) Burst: (Talons, deep breath, whip, power whip.) (Surprisingly decent damage, powerlash 5k, up to 7/8k crits, deep breath explosion 3k often, all dots ticking decent pressure. Only issue is no execute, and quite squish)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Old: BS, Impreg, AM all sturdy tank. Double S/B. 5/1/1 heavy tri stat food/glyphs, 1 cost reduct, 2 sp. Nirn front bar, defending back.

New: Shackle, sun, skoria, bursty build. Impen, 5/1/1 light, Witchmother brew, all mag glyphs . Nirn+infused swords front bar, impen/def back bar.

Rotation: Dots: (Entropy, armour, inferno/breath, embers) Burst: (Talons, deep breath, whip, power whip.) (Surprisingly decent damage, powerlash 5k, up to 7/8k crits, deep breath explosion 3k often, all dots ticking decent pressure. Only issue is no execute, and quite squish)

Worth noting, the first build can put out pretty sick burst in 5 light and with skoria instead of 5 heavy and BS
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After coagulated dragon blood got buffed last year, I'd say resto staff is not really needed for self healing. Even before this buff, I was usually using destro + s&b for ganking or just running around in Cyrodiil. Now it has become much easier to heal. The heal morph of obsidian shard is also nice if you are solo, and it gives you stamina back as well through helping hands.
  • oburn
    oburn
    Do you guys put any points into Spell Erosion or Thaumaturge? Every build I see some have 0 some put points into it. What's your guys thoughts
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold block and pretend you're good

yw yw