Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time To Kill is way too high nowadays

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint_Bud wrote: »
    A nerf tank post because a nb cant oneshoot other player anymore.

Problem being - with how strong healing in this game is:
    If you can´t oneshot a player on a non dot build you will never kill them if they´re not outclassed.

Oneshot meaning a burst combo of usually 3 to 5 abilities.
    Edited by Derra on September 27, 2017 9:33AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duels are drawn because of CP and its about to get worse.

I think overall balance is getting better but some players use high resistance and healing to counter the incredible burst of other players.

It's not everyone that's too tanky, yeah you can make super PvP tanks but they don't bring too much to the fight. I mainly just ignore them. I prefer my tanks to bring something to the fight, CC, ultimates, heals or purges etc over being unkillable.

I think it's a few skills and passives that need adjusting more than anything. Sword and Shield ultimate needs to cost more, Healing Ward is too powerful, Vampire passive also. I don't think there's anything wrong with heavy armour apart from the Wrath passive.

PvP at the moment is players faction hopping 2-3 times a night looking for a fight, it really is that boring. That's not because of TTK though.
    PC EU
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I l ve already said what's really annoying is that permablocking is the most efficient way of mitigation but still the less skilled. Easy fix is to increase shield ulti to 120 and remove block casting in PvP. You want to hold a button and feel like a good player? OK,then no heals and damage for you. Want to do something? Then learn to reactively use block.
    When you roll dodge you can't attack(and is still feels like being a 16 years drunk girl at a college party with the amount of indodgeable skills) and casting a shield take one gcd. There are no downsides to blocking
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duels are drawn because of CP and its about to get worse.

I´m way more durable nonCP when built right in a 1v1.
    <Noricum>

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    People complained about being one shoted, about too high burst, about being ganked in light and medium armor. What was the reaction of this community to this?

"stop being squishy, invest in health and mitigation, wear heavy. If you build yourself totally for damage you shouldn't complain about being a glass canon."
    The problem is the insane burst damage and heals everyone has. Almost every can make a that build can nearly one-shot all medium and light armor. The consequence is that everyone run now a extrem tanky heavy armor around so no one is able to instant kill him/her. The same goes for heals, you can get back to full hp within seconds so if you don't almost one-shot your opponent he/she will get back to full hp in the next second.

But building for such tankyness doesn't really come with any big off trade the damage is just alittle lower and the resource management is in heavy armour is actually better than light or medium since you need less heal or protective skills and you get free secondary resources. And even if you build for full tankyness without any damage just stack enough full tank and you can still kill someone but they can not kill you.

(Basically light and medium armor is *** and do not provide enough damage potential to outweigh the tankyness you gain by using heavy armor so you can actually kill them.)
    (also blocking is way to strong)

It'd like to adress the three bolded parts.

1) That is exactly the problem. Too high damage when you wear light or medium. Nobody likes to be insta rekt.

2) Not really. If you die to a pure no-dmg tank then that's on you. I may agree on this in duels but 1v1 isn't what this game is designed around.

3) Again, no. You said yourself that damage is quite high in 1). Especially if you wear light and medium as a reciever. So the solution cannot be to increase damage even further.
    And it's not "also blocking", it's mainly permablocking. Calcuation for block costs are screwed, permablocking shouldn't be a thing but it still is. Take that away and heavy will not be as "unkillable" as it is. But keep in mind that heavy armor does nothing for your block cost reduction. Sturdy, Jewelry Enchants, CP, weapon skills and passives do but HA does not.

Light and Heavy passives are fine, medium needs some love.

Approach to solve these imbalances could be:
    - change block cost calculation so permablocking becomes less of an issue
    - bring extreme damage HA sets down a bit without making them useless (ravager, 7th, fury etc.)
    - boost defensive capabilites of medium armor (buff/ secondary effect of dodge in 5 medium)

Once these changes are implemented, people will revert to complain about shieldstacking and permadodging.

2. I meant getting zerged by tanks(Was not really clear from my original post). I think most people just build so that no one really can kill them but they still think they can kill anything if they get support of 5-10 more of those tanks.
    3. Well, playing in light or medium is still underwhelming compared to heavy. If player would get the feeling they getting more kills in light or medium they would probably change back, but right now there is no real balance between being able to kill and building for tankyness. Personally i would reduce the damage heavy armor can do and healing, they are still tanky but for damage and heals you should go medium or light.

Why is everyone thinking light armor is fine? I really do not see any point except for extrem burst damage to go light. For sustain damage heavy armor is imo superior.

3. Removing healing boni and weapon/spell dmg boni would result in a blatant drop of survivability and in reduced offense. So an rather big nerf that is especially unnecessary to PvE Tanks.

If you strip them of Rapid Mending's healing bonus the result is clear. But selfheals will be further reduced by the now smaller weapon/ spell dmg stats.

Right now the mitigation difference between the three 5/1/1 options is not as big as you expect. Numbers for 5/1/1
    L: 11.656 spell (18%), 9.841 phys (15%) (chest heavy, legs medium)
    M: 12.354 spell (19%), 11.991 phys (18%) (chest heavy, waist light)
    H: 16.210 spell (24%), 15.847 phys (24%) (hand medium, waist light)

Between 5m/1/1 and 5h/1/ are just 3.856 resistance.
    This gap widens with max health and health recovery boni, where the latter get's reduced by vampire passives. Although medium armor grants more crit chance for bigger heals.

Dduke wrote in another thread:
    DDuke wrote: »
    On top of that 6% less damage taken, you get around 5% more healing (after deducing the medium armor increased crit chance & weapon dmg from the value provided by Rapid Mending) and you get atleast 106 more health regen (which btw is almost worth more "healing" than the Rapid Mending passive if your main heal is called Vigor).

It's a combination of a lot of things that makes normal heavy armor users take around 15% (I did this calculation a while ago, can't remember the exact number) less damage/second through heals and mitigation than medium armor. This 15 becomes 30% when we compare to Legion+Fury heavy armor user.

Here it get's obvious where to issue really lies. Not in the HA passives, but in the sets. Also mind how bad dodge is atm.
    A buff via a secondary dodge roll effect on 5 medium would go a long way, e.g. resistance boost and healing recieved.

Currently heals and dmg bonus are great, but take that away and you will have a relatively small incentive to even wear heavy. Is changing the meta from "heavy or bust" to "medium or bust" better than changing it to having adequat choice of two armor weights?

Why do you think light armor is in a bad spot?

It grants more crit chance than 6 medium and can therefore make good of undaunted and other armor passives.

Cost reduction and recovery boni are the same in medium and light. Recovery gets outperformed by heavy armor's constitution on normal recovery builds, if constitution procs on cooldown (what it usually does in combat). But that statement doesn't take cost reduction into account.

4.884 free spell penetration is great. This became even more important when sharpened was nerfed and 2-4p resistance boni got buffed.

Shields scaly badly when outnumbered, yes, but all the better if not focused by many or in 1v1. Block however scales very good. Heavy armor contributes to blocking soley by constitution procs and a more resistance. Dodging gets further useless with more undodgeable abilites.

You can try and run a magSorc on heavy and then compare it to light, if you think light is in a bad place.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complained about being one shoted, about too high burst, about being ganked in light and medium armor. What was the reaction of this community to this?

"stop being squishy, invest in health and mitigation, wear heavy. If you build yourself totally for damage you shouldn't complain about being a glass canon."
    The problem is the insane burst damage and heals everyone has. Almost every can make a that build can nearly one-shot all medium and light armor. The consequence is that everyone run now a extrem tanky heavy armor around so no one is able to instant kill him/her. The same goes for heals, you can get back to full hp within seconds so if you don't almost one-shot your opponent he/she will get back to full hp in the next second.

But building for such tankyness doesn't really come with any big off trade the damage is just alittle lower and the resource management is in heavy armour is actually better than light or medium since you need less heal or protective skills and you get free secondary resources. And even if you build for full tankyness without any damage just stack enough full tank and you can still kill someone but they can not kill you.

(Basically light and medium armor is *** and do not provide enough damage potential to outweigh the tankyness you gain by using heavy armor so you can actually kill them.)

1) That is exactly the problem. Too high damage when you wear light or medium. Nobody likes to be insta rekt.

2) Not really. If you die to a pure no-dmg tank then that's on you. I may agree on this in duels but 1v1 isn't what this game is designed around.

3) Again, no. You said yourself that damage is quite high in 1). Especially if you wear light and medium as a reciever. So the solution cannot be to increase damage even further.
    And it's not "also blocking", it's mainly permablocking. Calcuation for block costs are screwed, permablocking shouldn't be a thing but it still is. Take that away and heavy will not be as "unkillable" as it is. But keep in mind that heavy armor does nothing for your block cost reduction. Sturdy, Jewelry Enchants, CP, weapon skills and passives do but HA does not.

- bring extreme damage HA sets down a bit without making them useless (ravager, 7th, fury etc.)
    - boost defensive capabilites of medium armor (buff/ secondary effect of dodge in 5 medium)

Once these changes are implemented, people will revert to complain about shieldstacking and permadodging.

This.

It really seems that people are just pointing at heavy armor at its base rather than block cost reduction and certain sets providing high damage. Yet if they just generally nerfed heavy armor, it's just going to go back to biggest shields and burst win. I mean; how do you actively counter 15k tooltip dives? Or being out in the open with soul assault on you? Without shields or heavy armor; you're toast.

Spend some time in medium doing more than just ganking and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Major Defile is strong (too strong) against healing itself but there is still no counter to block healing.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the damage was fine before they nerfed sharpened. I agree it needed to be brought in line to make other traits viable but couldn't they buff the others instead? Nothing seems to have been done to bring damage back in line since sharpened was nerfed.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If you can´t oneshot a player on a non dot build you will never kill them if they´re not outclassed.

Some heals are to strong, but whats the differant to shieldstacking on a sorc?

PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    At a certain point you learn to ignore tanks and keep moving

I can easily one shot tanks with my NB on heavy armor, Something that ill never be able to do with medium.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Low ttk is not good pvp design, high ttk is good pvp design. Considering stealth and all, it is good how it is now. You still die super quick in medium if you get caught off guard.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shieldstacking is too strong aswell - what does that have to do with the point made though?

It´s easier to kill a shielding sorc than someone properly utilizing heal + block.
    <Noricum>

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTK doesn't really matter when you just zerg everything down.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    TTK doesn't really matter when you just zerg everything down.

This is true.
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    At a certain point you learn to ignore tanks and keep moving

The problem with that, is that you will have to ignore almost all experienced/smart players in cyrodiil right now. Because if it's not due to tankiness, it's due to cloak spam or shield spam, making some builds in the right hands almost unkillable. I know they are not unkillable they just take too much time to kill, making the gameplay not fun, nobody wants to hit a templar healing/tanking build for 10min plus, to be able to move on to the next target. I agree with open post, defensive mechanisms are way too strong and easy to use... Examples: Breath of life, Sword and board ult, Resto ult, Cloak, Shield stacking, Rite of Passage, Warden Tree ult i could go on... But i don't want to, because i don't think the solution is to nerf those skills. The solution is to buff damage against all sources, even against shields and blocking targets.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Low ttk is not good pvp design, high ttk is good pvp design. Considering stealth and all, it is good how it is now. You still die super quick in medium if you get caught off guard.

Yeah while you can survive infinetly on the other 2 armor types if you want to
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they buff damage even more I finally start turteling up in all heavy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they buff damage even more I finally start turteling up in all heavy.

I think this topic is more about making heavy less vaible as a dmg oriented offensive armor choice for magica and stamina alike.
    <Noricum>

• Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shieldstacking is too strong aswell...

It´s easier to kill a shielding sorc than someone properly utilizing heal + block.

This.so.much. Heavy Armor needs adjustments *laughs in corner with LA permablock build*
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. I meant getting zerged by tanks(Was not really clear from my original post). I think most people just build so that no one really can kill them but they still think they can kill anything if they get support of 5-10 more of those tanks.
    3. Well, playing in light or medium is still underwhelming compared to heavy. If player would get the feeling they getting more kills in light or medium they would probably change back, but right now there is no real balance between being able to kill and building for tankyness. Personally i would reduce the damage heavy armor can do and healing, they are still tanky but for damage and heals you should go medium or light.

Why is everyone thinking light armor is fine? I really do not see any point except for extrem burst damage to go light. For sustain damage heavy armor is imo superior.

3. Removing healing boni and weapon/spell dmg boni would result in a blatant drop of survivability and in reduced offense. So an rather big nerf that is especially unnecessary to PvE Tanks.

If you strip them of Rapid Mending's healing bonus the result is clear. But selfheals will be further reduced by the now smaller weapon/ spell dmg stats.

Right now the mitigation difference between the three 5/1/1 options is not as big as you expect. Numbers for 5/1/1
    L: 11.656 spell (18%), 9.841 phys (15%) (chest heavy, legs medium)
    M: 12.354 spell (19%), 11.991 phys (18%) (chest heavy, waist light)
    H: 16.210 spell (24%), 15.847 phys (24%) (hand medium, waist light)

Between 5m/1/1 and 5h/1/ are just 3.856 resistance.
    This gap widens with max health and health recovery boni, where the latter get's reduced by vampire passives. Although medium armor grants more crit chance for bigger heals.

Dduke wrote in another thread:
    DDuke wrote: »
    On top of that 6% less damage taken, you get around 5% more healing (after deducing the medium armor increased crit chance & weapon dmg from the value provided by Rapid Mending) and you get atleast 106 more health regen (which btw is almost worth more "healing" than the Rapid Mending passive if your main heal is called Vigor).

It's a combination of a lot of things that makes normal heavy armor users take around 15% (I did this calculation a while ago, can't remember the exact number) less damage/second through heals and mitigation than medium armor. This 15 becomes 30% when we compare to Legion+Fury heavy armor user.

Here it get's obvious where to issue really lies. Not in the HA passives, but in the sets. Also mind how bad dodge is atm.
    A buff via a secondary dodge roll effect on 5 medium would go a long way, e.g. resistance boost and healing recieved.

Currently heals and dmg bonus are great, but take that away and you will have a relatively small incentive to even wear heavy. Is changing the meta from "heavy or bust" to "medium or bust" better than changing it to having adequat choice of two armor weights?

Why do you think light armor is in a bad spot?

It grants more crit chance than 6 medium and can therefore make good of undaunted and other armor passives.

Cost reduction and recovery boni are the same in medium and light. Recovery gets outperformed by heavy armor's constitution on normal recovery builds, if constitution procs on cooldown (what it usually does in combat). But that statement doesn't take cost reduction into account.

4.884 free spell penetration is great. This became even more important when sharpened was nerfed and 2-4p resistance boni got buffed.

Shields scaly badly when outnumbered, yes, but all the better if not focused by many or in 1v1. Block however scales very good. Heavy armor contributes to blocking soley by constitution procs and a more resistance. Dodging gets further useless with more undodgeable abilites.

You can try and run a magSorc on heavy and then compare it to light, if you think light is in a bad place.

Those HA resists aren't low, if you add major resists. It ends up being 21127 (31%). In order to get this on LA you need to run 1 yellow pirate/chudan, one heavy with reinforced, and around 3k into LA armor focus.

Account for penetration, it's not hard for a build on either spectrum to reach 15280 pen. At 21000k, you'll have about 8% mitigation after penetration. But since most builds don't use major debuffs, it's about 16%, since they will be at around 10k pen, which is huge. After 21k, it all depends on your sources and which sets you want to use for defense; but I think that 18k-21k with a balanced ratio to hard/ele defender is the new defensive metric to hit for cyro. Any more and you're a tank build, any less a gank build.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    laced wrote: »

Yeah while you can survive infinetly on the other 2 armor types if you want to

I agree there def should be some dodge chance integrated into the medium armor passives.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think the problem is in part due to the size of the health bar.

I know its optimal to have a smaller health bar and higher stats instead to fuel active defence/heal strength along with offence - but the real problem is with TTK and that doesn't just mean damage output - it also means healhbar size.

When I can take someone from a fairly common 22k health to 0 in a single burst combo if they don't actively defend it - then people WILL build in tankiness - but even at 50% mitigation - its 2 burst combo's to kill. And when that same player could instantly restore half his health without using an ulti.... basically health-bars move way too quickly.

I kind of think that in all instances damage *should* overcome heals/mitigation etc.. so that when combat starts, without outside help, there is ultimately (with some ups and downs)only one direction that the health bar goes - but it should take much longer to get to the bottom imho.

I kind of think the first step (oddly) is to remove the 5k health bonus from PVP. That will instantly make people uncomfortable with the amount of health they are running - and then change their builds to divert stats from offence/healing to health. This on its own will be a step towards reducing the rate at which the healthbar moves in combat. Once that rate-of-change reduces, then healing/mitigation can be reduced without turning every fight into a 1-shot kill.

Basically with more of a 'buffer' then builds with the lowest mitigation have time to realise its going south and either change tactics or look to escape/reset. People would be more willing to play a risky offensive build if they get a chance to do some damage before their health gets dangerously low - which means seeing less of the tanky builds.

At the mo, one mis-step in an offence-based light or med build can mean almost instant death. That can't be right in a game with long travel times.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I honestly think the problem is in part due to the size of the health bar.

I know its optimal to have a smaller health bar and higher stats instead to fuel active defence/heal strength along with offence - but the real problem is with TTK and that doesn't just mean damage output - it also means healhbar size.

When I can take someone from a fairly common 22k health to 0 in a single burst combo if they don't actively defend it - then people WILL build in tankiness - but even at 50% mitigation - its 2 burst combo's to kill. And when that same player could instantly restore half his health without using an ulti.... basically health-bars move way too quickly.

I kind of think that in all instances damage *should* overcome heals/mitigation etc.. so that when combat starts, without outside help, there is ultimately (with some ups and downs)only one direction that the health bar goes - but it should take much longer to get to the bottom imho.

I kind of think the first step (oddly) is to remove the 5k health bonus from PVP. That will instantly make people uncomfortable with the amount of health they are running - and then change their builds to divert stats from offence/healing to health. This on its own will be a step towards reducing the rate at which the healthbar moves in combat. Once that rate-of-change reduces, then healing/mitigation can be reduced without turning every fight into a 1-shot kill.

Basically with more of a 'buffer' then builds with the lowest mitigation have time to realise its going south and either change tactics or look to escape/reset. People would be more willing to play a risky offensive build if they get a chance to do some damage before their health gets dangerously low - which means seeing less of the tanky builds.

At the mo, one mis-step in an offence-based light or med build can mean almost instant death. That can't be right in a game with long travel times.

I like this line of thinking. It is just too extreme in either direction
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @IAVITNI you do know that most large group healers dont use bol? Healing springs gives so much more healing.

Eye of the storm change wont happen because We dont have friendly fire in this game.

As for the tanking meta whats Making int happen is prob a combination of insane heavy armour sets and block cost reduction and resources management. Main offender stam builds or pure healers.

The burst heal of BoL makes it more efficient in small scale because the healer ratio is better. In large scale, yes springs becomes better due to the number of people. However, when you have half a 72 man zerg spamming BoL, it becomes an issue.

My main gripe is the fact that PvP is becoming a zergs fest. If you can't beat a group you recruit more and try again.

And I'm not exaggerating my numbers or compositions. PS4 NA vivec. The amount of Templar healers is insane. I have 11 toons and their builds differ greatly, which means I've fought zergs in all kinds of ways (frontal assault, route, flank, solo bait, you name it) so I know group compositions well. On average at least half of a "succesful" zerg (not necessarily coordinated group) are Templars.

Usually I don't mind because a healer won't kill you. But then you have another full zerg of tanky "dps" that are getting healed by a zerg of Templars with an auxiliary zerg of negatebots/bombers.

As a solo player the only way for me to fight this is to group up. Small scale won't cut it either, it has to be a zergs at this point.

And I can't just ignore the zerg. 72 people in 1 spot means I'm either farming resources or taking empty keeps. I want to PvP, not PvE.

These super zergs only started when the tank meta came about. Half these zergs build tanky and spam heals and the only real way to counter is to take empty keeps or run the same setup. It's not fun block casting healz until negate/destro is up and it's not fun fighting a zergs that does that either.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just shamelessly run resource magicka poisons and go after healers now. I'm sorry, but I'd rather not sit here watching you spam defensive ultis.

Not enough but it's some.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 27, 2017 3:06PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @IAVITNI you do know that most large group healers dont use bol? Healing springs gives so much more healing.

Eye of the storm change wont happen because We dont have friendly fire in this game.

As for the tanking meta whats Making int happen is prob a combination of insane heavy armour sets and block cost reduction and resources management. Main offender stam builds or pure healers.

The burst heal of BoL makes it more efficient in small scale because the healer ratio is better. In large scale, yes springs becomes better due to the number of people. However, when you have half a 72 man zerg spamming BoL, it becomes an issue.

My main gripe is the fact that PvP is becoming a zergs fest. If you can't beat a group you recruit more and try again.

And I'm not exaggerating my numbers or compositions. PS4 NA vivec. The amount of Templar healers is insane. I have 11 toons and their builds differ greatly, which means I've fought zergs in all kinds of ways (frontal assault, route, flank, solo bait, you name it) so I know group compositions well. On average at least half of a "succesful" zerg (not necessarily coordinated group) are Templars.

Usually I don't mind because a healer won't kill you. But then you have another full zerg of tanky "dps" that are getting healed by a zerg of Templars with an auxiliary zerg of negatebots/bombers.

As a solo player the only way for me to fight this is to group up. Small scale won't cut it either, it has to be a zergs at this point.

And I can't just ignore the zerg. 72 people in 1 spot means I'm either farming resources or taking empty keeps. I want to PvP, not PvE.

These super zergs only started when the tank meta came about. Half these zergs build tanky and spam heals and the only real way to counter is to take empty keeps or run the same setup. It's not fun block casting healz until negate/destro is up and it's not fun fighting a zergs that does that either.

It has been suggested before, but I really think AP is the screw that has to be tightened. You need a strong incentive for people to stop zerging. I was acquiring Vigor the last 2 days on my teenish stam Warden. As it is EP I just went to Sotha Sil EU. It was very interesting to be in the very zerg I normally fight on my AD char.

Bottom line: You get 1,500 AP per resource regardless if it's a solo cap or 70 people. You get 4k to 6k for outpost regardless of group size. You get 6k to 8k per keep even if you roflstomp everything.

If it were 1k when more than 30 players of one alliance are around things might be different.
    Edited by Feanor on September 27, 2017 3:06PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I believe the definition of the highlighted word contradicts the following words.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is becoming a zergfest? It has long since been one.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time To Kill is way too high nowadays

32542.jpg
    But, @Ragnaroek93 , how can a book be "too high"? Too hard perhaps? But then again, we're talking about John Grisham here.

Or were you referring to the then celebrated now widely panned 1996 film adaptation, holding a cryptic 67% on Rotten Tomatoes?
    Time_to_kill_poster.jpg

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Zergs, I be like, "it's pretty solo friendly in Cropsford"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds