The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[VID] Why the Tanking Meta in PVP has become detrimental to PVP health .

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    It's not really heavy armor that causes this. It's just specific sets and synergies. You don't just slap on heavy and suddenly become unkillable.

Flip side of that, ever try to run around lately without heavy and no shield? Holly hell can some things hit hard!

This thread shouldn't be about the extreme example of troll tanks. If you look at what the most competitive players wear solo or in small groups, most are in heavy. This is because it is over-performing and has been since its buff. Before its buff, medium was generally preferred among such players.

I run 5-1-1 LA with my magicka nb. I tend to play on the front lines, so I do not play a sneaky style usually. If I do not play well, I melt. Who do I melt from the most? Heavy Armor users because they have greater freedom to pressure and go on the offensive. They can spend more time on the attack and less time reeling. As they spend fewer resources on healing, mitigation and evasion, they can more easily stack damage.

I can be pretty tanky with my LA setup. I do well usually, but it takes a lot of work. If I'm tired, slow, or mess up a bar swap, I'm dead. The same is true for players in medium. When they're on their game, the mobility and evasion of medium builds can keep them alive, but one mistake and they're dead. This would not be the case in heavy which is much more forgiving.

this
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    It's not really heavy armor that causes this. It's just specific sets and synergies. You don't just slap on heavy and suddenly become unkillable.

Flip side of that, ever try to run around lately without heavy and no shield? Holly hell can some things hit hard!

This thread shouldn't be about the extreme example of troll tanks. If you look at what the most competitive players wear solo or in small groups, most are in heavy. This is because it is over-performing and has been since its buff. Before its buff, medium was generally preferred among such players.

I run 5-1-1 LA with my magicka nb. I tend to play on the front lines, so I do not play a sneaky style usually. If I do not play well, I melt. Who do I melt from the most? Heavy Armor users because they have greater freedom to pressure and go on the offensive. They can spend more time on the attack and less time reeling. As they spend fewer resources on healing, mitigation and evasion, they can more easily stack damage.

I can be pretty tanky with my LA setup. I do well usually, but it takes a lot of work. If I'm tired, slow, or mess up a bar swap, I'm dead. The same is true for players in medium. When they're on their game, the mobility and evasion of medium builds can keep them alive, but one mistake and they're dead. This would not be the case in heavy which is much more forgiving.

Dito, if you mess up your dead. But if you don't you can easily tank 2 gankblades long enough to get to safety. And btw if your damage is high enough you can burst heavies up to 28k hp down if they don't react fast enough. Usually when i see s troll tank I RUN like hell because in 9/10 cases the enemy zerg is approaching fast.
    I usually melt when bursted by 2 good players who know what they are doing and i make a mistake at the same time.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on September 29, 2017 8:27AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    I haven't read every single comment, sorry - What exactly is the problem here?

Is this a skill line problem, a CP problem, or a gear problem , or a mix of both?

It´s a mix of multiple things: Passives, skillines, CP, gearsets....etc

That´s the reason why there´s no easy fix.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I watched a video and OP is a tank who hold blocks and barely casts dmging skills, yet he complains about the tank meta? ya.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh, not gonna bother
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 11, 2017 7:54PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    So I watched a video and OP is a tank who hold blocks and barely casts dmging skills, yet he complains about the tank meta? ya.

My God how do you miss the entire discussion as to why ? Sure , drop in a month later and state the obvious ! lol
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on October 11, 2017 8:35PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - only a minority uses this kind of build
    - calls it META
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    - only a minority uses this kind of build
    - calls it META

Enjoy your PVP , I am done caring .

@ZOS_BillE please close the discussion .