The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet DSA last boss Healer Role help

ARIES SERPICO
ARIES SERPICO
✭✭
I've never healed it just tanked and dps so looking to see what some of the knowledgeable healers run (gear/Bar setup/Rotation) on last Boss of VDSA so I can help talk them through it.

Best Answers

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can keep your normal setups. just slot inner fire and taunt the boss every 15 seconds. He hits like a wet noodle so healing springs should keep you up through it. biggest issue to watch for is the bad nova or negate on the second set of adds. oftentimes, they'll throw one of those before their portals even appear on my screen.
    Answer ✓
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tanking boss while keeping normal set up of gear. Just shielding up with annulment, and sometimes drinking immovable pots. If DPS is good, there is no problems. You can try to slot instead of shock desto ice one, if you really taking lot's of damage, but I think it's not needed. Boss doesn't do that much damage, just need to be ready with HoTs while he is dropping everyones HP down and keep taunt on him 100%. If group a bit lack of accuracy or coordination, on the stage of summoning new adds I'm mowing with boss a bit closer to tank, so he can easier to taunt them and take away. However, I'm not DPSing (not looking for best world score, so it's ok and enough for simply passing by). But on the last boss DPS means everything.

gear: SPC + worm/mending + masters resto.
    skills:
    resto: springs, combat prayer, rapid regen, shards, inner light
    destro: BoL, extended ritual, purifying light (or ele drain, depends on group set up), annulment, taunt
    with 3 stat or immovable pots.

(usually we run with Elemental Fury Mag DK heavy attack build, so I don't have to bother with minor vulnerability, but if you not, you can swap rapid regen with some skill and slot elemental blockade)
    Edited by soll on September 30, 2017 5:01PM
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

Answer ✓
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    I'm tanking boss while keeping normal set up of gear. Just shielding up with annulment, and sometimes drinking immovable pots. If DPS is good, there is no problems. You can try to slot instead of shock desto ice one, if you really taking lot's of damage, but I think it's not needed. Boss doesn't do that much damage, just need to be ready with HoTs while he is dropping everyones HP down and keep taunt on him 100%. If group a bit lack of accuracy or coordination, on the stage of summoning new adds I'm mowing with boss a bit closer to tank, so he can easier to taunt them and take away. However, I'm not DPSing (not looking for best world score, so it's ok and enough for simply passing by). But on the last boss DPS means everything.

gear: SPC + worm/mending + masters resto.
    skills:
    resto: springs, combat prayer, rapid regen, shards, inner light
    destro: BoL, extended ritual, purifying light (or ele drain, depends on group set up), annulment, taunt
    with 3 stat or immovable pots.

(usually we run with Elemental Fury Mag DK heavy attack build, so I don't have to bother with minor vulnerability, but if you not, you can swap rapid regen with some skill and slot elemental blockade)

Thanks
    Answer ✓
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on the tactic you wan't to do. I usually tank the boss, so DDs can do full damage without having to taunt and block all the time. For that I would switch to from restro/destro to restro/s&b and use health + stamina food. For skills I then replace blockade with the s&b taunt and that's pretty much it. In general having HOTs helps and maybe use the light armour shield for savety. You should try to still keep as many damagebuffs up as you can and maybe drop sustain buffs like worm for something else as the fight is rather short. I use mending or ether, depending on the group.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    It depends on the tactic you wan't to do. I usually tank the boss, so DDs can do full damage without having to taunt and block all the time. For that I would switch to from restro/destro to restro/s&b and use health + stamina food. For skills I then replace blockade with the s&b taunt and that's pretty much it. In general having HOTs helps and maybe use the light armour shield for savety. You should try to still keep as many damagebuffs up as you can and maybe drop sustain buffs like worm for something else as the fight is rather short. I use mending or ether, depending on the group.

I guess I do the standard tactic tank boss till adds them take adds, come back for second adds take back then hold till complete
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    you can keep your normal setups. just slot inner fire and taunt the boss every 15 seconds. He hits like a wet noodle so healing springs should keep you up through it. biggest issue to watch for is the bad nova or negate on the second set of adds. oftentimes, they'll throw one of those before their portals even appear on my screen.

That's usually what I told healers buy they stuggled
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    It depends on the tactic you wan't to do. I usually tank the boss, so DDs can do full damage without having to taunt and block all the time.

Yep

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Thanks for input just did it on my new healer and it was easy
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is. But not until you know the tactics. Glad you managed it o/
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭

It is. But not until you know the tactics. Glad you managed it o/

I'm tracking all the tactics I've tanked more times that I can count. As I said in the opening healers always struggled to stay alive so I wanted to hear from Healers and do it myself to better help them on last Boss.