Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam dk pvp build and general pvp questions

Grisemn
Grisemn
✭✭
Hello! i am trying to make my first pvp build here, and picked my dk orc for the task, but as i am still pretty new to pvp i got a qouple of questions i would love to get answeared.

1. For sets i decided to try hundings rage in heavy with impen trait, i was thinking to get seventh legion as a second set as its cheap and seems quite good, would this combo work as a strating point atleast?
2. My weapons so far is 2 hander (got both a sword and a axe, idk what one would be better) and the bow on second bar, i was thinking to maby use sword and shield as second instead, do you think that would be better? i feel like my bow bar dosent offer much outside of sniping from stealth.
3. Is it worth using both rally and vigor?

I hope anyone can give me some more insight on pvp in general aswell, like how ap "ticks" work and helpfull tips in general.

Thanks everyone!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately hundings and 7th don't pair well together. All heavy armor set jewelry comes in the healthy trait, and since hundings is a crafted set that means you'd need to use 7th legion jewelry. There is a blue ring that gives Stam but unfortunately you can only wear one... so most people won't pair 7th with hundings.

You will need to run at least one medium armor set so you can have robust jewelry. Some of The classics are:

Spriggans
    Bone pirate
    Werewolf hide
    Automaton
    Sword singer/dancer
    Hulking draugr
    Two fanged snake
    Viper (still good after nerf)
    Etc

Then mix that with a heavy set body pieces like 7th legion or a crafted set
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    1. For sets i decided to try hundings rage in heavy with impen trait, i was thinking to get seventh legion as a second set as its cheap and seems quite good, would this combo work as a strating point atleast?
    It's not the best setup but as a starting point you will be fine. Generally you'll want to have a damage set such as hundings and possibly a sustain set depending on playstyle/CP/food/drink/how well you can manage your resources. Luckily for DK you get your resources back with the Battle Roar passive so using something like Bloodspawn is especially good.
    2. My weapons so far is 2 hander (got both a sword and a axe, idk what one would be better) and the bow on second bar, i was thinking to maby use sword and shield as second instead, do you think that would be better? i feel like my bow bar dosent offer much outside of sniping from stealth.
    2h and bow is a very solid setup as you get mobility (major expedition on dodge roll) with your bow and then damage on your 2h. I've played with both S&S/2h and bow/2h and I generally prefer running S&S/2h but running with a bow is also very fun. All just depends on if you're running heavy vs medium armor in my eyes. As for weapon types, sword gives you overall damage and axe, IIRC, gives you bleed. I don't have a preference on either but lately I've been enjoying maces for the physical resist ignore.

Your bow bar on a DK is generally going to be for your buffs such as Igneous Shield, Shuffle, Vigor, Volatile Armor. You don't have to run it this way, of course, but for PvP it's not all that great to run bow as your offensive and 2h as defensive as far as my particular style goes.
    3. Is it worth using both rally and vigor?
    Yes. As a DK, you really want to take advantage of the short period of major mending that you get when using Igneous. Pop your Vigor, Igneous up, then Rally for burst heal.
    Edited by tannips on September 25, 2017 8:14PM
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    thanks for all the answears!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use, for No CP BG's;

5 x Green Pact
    5 x Poisonous Serpent
    2 x Troll King
    2H / DW

Dot your target up, and use Venom Claw as spammable.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Unfortunately hundings and 7th don't pair well together. All heavy armor set jewelry comes in the healthy trait, and since hundings is a crafted set that means you'd need to use 7th legion jewelry. There is a blue ring that gives Stam but unfortunately you can only wear one... so most people won't pair 7th with hundings.

You will need to run at least one medium armor set so you can have robust jewelry. Some of The classics are:

Spriggans
    Bone pirate
    Werewolf hide
    Automaton
    Sword singer/dancer
    Hulking draugr
    Two fanged snake
    Etc

Didn't they change it a few patches ago so you could wear more than one of the same named piece? Or was that only for weapons?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Spriggans
    Bone pirate
    Werewolf hide
    Automaton
    Sword singer/dancer
    Hulking draugr
    Two fanged snake
    Etc

Imperial and healthy jewelry. Those 3K extra health are good for the Red Diamond passive
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Since u mentioned this is ur 1st build I say just go with hundings + werewolf hide + Bloodspawn. On 2h Bar use 5x hundings and on bow bar use 5xWerewolf hide
    2. If your 2h is your main damaging weapon go for sword because with sword u do get bigger rally/vigor heals and hard hitting leap as well. S&B makes a DK a lot more tankier but bow gives u that mobility and extra DOT.
    3. yes use both of them
    4. there are 2 kinds of ticks. offensive and defensive. Offensive tick is when u capture a keep, outpost or resource u will obtained a shared amount of AP with all allies in the tick range. Defensive tick is when someone (enemy or ally) died in tick range of a keep, resource or outpost after 1 minute if no one else dies u will receive a shared amount of AP with all allies in tick range provided the K,R or Outpost is still same as your faction

Do check out my S&B DK build, gameplay videos are in the channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNBDVqEGEG0
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10