The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

delete

Tryxus
Tryxus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
nvm
Edited by Tryxus on October 29, 2018 11:13PM
"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first update :) Yay! Changelog added to first post

Next update (Clockwork City) is going to be really generous for the Warden, and especially for this build. Because a lot of bugs like the Maturation passive and the Blue Betty cleanse are being fixed and for this build in particular, we get the following:

- Our Guardian gets a HP buff: from 20k to 25k. This will help it survive powerful AoEs like Skoria or Hurricane a bit better (remember to keep the Bear healthy)
    - Our Guardian also receives immunity to snares, roots and CCs for 8 secs when we activate it. This is currently a bit of a problem, as the Bear can be put out of commision with Petrify, Fear, Rearming Trap, etc, ...
    - Master Destruction Staff gets a buff: 30% Cost Reduction on Destructive Reach along with a 2k Direct Damage bonus. We may lose 1k Magicka next update, but this buff will turn Frost Clench into a strong spammable

Again: comments, advice and criticism are all welcome
    Edited by Tryxus on November 17, 2017 10:02PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your tool tip for enchanted growth?

I like the build, have done something similar. I do suspect that it is weak against defile. Your burst heal is enchanted growth, with your stats I suspect it's has a modest tool tip. Without trees, I've found that builds with defile can be very difficult to beat.

It's definitely a strong build, I'd take it to duels and would expect to win the vast majority, with maybe mag NBs, and a few Templar builds giving the hardest time
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the build, have done something similar. I do suspect that it is weak against defile. Your burst heal is enchanted growth, with your stats I suspect it's has a modest tool tip. Without trees, I've found that builds with defile can be very difficult to beat.

It's definitely a strong build, I'd take it to duels and would expect to win the vast majority, with maybe mag NBs, and a few Templar builds giving the hardest time

Enchanted Growth heals for about 7k. Pollen for 10k

Defile definitely was a bit of an issue at first, which is why I eventually settled on Malubeth to counteract it somewhat. With that, Trellis and Pollen, you can easily survive without trees
    Edited by Tryxus on October 11, 2017 9:44PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Defile definitely was a bit of an issue at first, which is why I eventually settled on Malubeth to counteract it somewhat. With that, Trellis and Pollen, you can easily survive without trees

I do love me some Beth, which is a good point (though against especially mNBs, they constantly break the beam)

It's pretty solid :) to incorporate the bear would require some major overhaul on my Build (why I asked about the tool tip)

Love the synergy.

Do you bring it to BGs?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I do love me some Beth, which is a good point (though against especially mNBs, they constantly break the beam)

It's pretty solid :) to incorporate the bear would require some major overhaul on my Build (why I asked about the tool tip)

Love the synergy.

Do you bring it to BGs?

Malubeth is a non-factor in a fight against a ranged mageblade. You will keep it proc'ed maybe 10% of the time you're major defiled and a properly built mageblade will have a lot of points in befoul meaning it's not even a direct even trade-off in the first place.

That being said, if you can make the bear function as desired this is a very solid build. I've yet to see a magika warden build without a significant weakness either defensively or in the lack of killing power after covering all their defensive holes
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 11, 2017 10:10PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the synergy.

Do you bring it to BGs?

Yup. It's not really great for Chaos Ball, as Forest/Thicket is better suited for that mode. But for the other modes, this build still works like a charm though you'll have to keep a close eye on the Bear to prevent it from wandering off or attacking the wrong opponents
    Edited by Tryxus on October 12, 2017 1:09PM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tryxus greetings brother! Nice build! I wanted to buy Morrowind to check out mag and stam warden.

Btw, if you don't use lich, why mag regen glyphs? Cost reduction are much more efficient if you cast 1 spell per second... just imho
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tryxus greetings brother! Nice build! I wanted to buy Morrowind to check out mag and stam warden.

Btw, if you don't use lich, why mag regen glyphs? Cost reduction are much more efficient if you cast 1 spell per second... just imho

Hey Val :) Warden is a lot of fun for sure :p

As for the glyphs: I figured that since I'm a Breton, I alrdy have sufficient cost reduction through my racials. So I've mostly been keeping to Spell Damage and Magicka Regen glyphs on my jewelry and found that with all 3 Magicka Regen glyphs I always have sufficient Magicka (especially thx to Netch) without losing too much power for my burst.

Fun fact tho: I actually considered Lich instead of Riposte at first. Rlly glad I went with Riposte eventually :p
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Love the synergy.

Do you bring it to BGs?
    That being said, if you can make the bear function as desired this is a very solid build. I've yet to see a magika warden build without a significant weakness either defensively or in the lack of killing power after covering all their defensive holes
    You should come back to pc
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the build, you really want to work on that spell dmge, is far too low. Drop those regen glyphs, 2.5k is way overkill. Then I'd try to incorporate Infection anywhere, is usually at least 20% of my dps contribution, drop either Elemental Drain or Enchanted Growth. Also you might want to consider slotting dmge poisons on your front bar, the enchant from the master's staff is pretty bad. I'd run in it's place nirn maelstrom if you got that tho.

One other thing, you are running riposte with an ice staff, which is kinda redundant, since both apply minor maim.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 12, 2017 6:23PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Love the synergy.

Do you bring it to BGs?
    You should come back to pc

My PC is a potato and my wife plays Xbox :(

Plus, you know how much farming of gear I'd have to do? Probably at least 3 months
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Regarding the build, you really want to work on that spell dmge, is far too low. Drop those regen glyphs, 2.5k is way overkill. Then I'd try to incorporate Infection anywhere, is usually at least 20% of my dps contribution, drop either Elemental Drain or Enchanted Growth. Also you might want to consider slotting dmge poisons on your front bar, the enchant from the master's staff is pretty bad. I'd run in it's place nirn maelstrom if you got that tho.

One other thing, you are running riposte with an ice staff, which is kinda redundant, since both apply minor maim.

Some good points there

I actually think the Warden can get away with that low Spell Damage, since the class is quite a heavy hitter. So I prefer to increase my Regen instead, as well as using several skills that help me manage my Magicka because this build requires a lot of Magicka. Besides, the Master Staff has been updated with the CwC patch, so I can put a Berserker glyph on it to buff my Spell Damage like that (and maybe change the trait to Infused or Nirnhoned).

Fetcher Infection is a skill that I've been trying to squeeze onto my front bar, because it's a very powerful DoT (not rlly tho). I guess I could drop Elemental Drain, since one of my key skills (Clench, due to the Master Staff update) has been made cheaper. I'll definitely try that out again with this patch.

Enchanted Growth is smth I wouldn't get rid of for 2 reasons: it's a strong on-demand heal and it can be used to heal the Bear. Which is very important especially when the bear is on cooldown.

Ice Staff does apply Minor Maim through Chilled (4 secs I think?) so yeah, the debuff is redundant. But the reason I'm using an Ice Staff is for the snares and roots it provides, with the single target Frost Clench root for this build specifically. Slowing down a target or rooting it makes it a bit easier for the bear to reach it plus it works really well with Deep Fissure too.

Edit: yeah, dropping Elemental Drain for Fetcher Infection works really well so I might actually swap it. I am gonna change my Ice Staff's trait first and see how that works out with both skills.

Also made a small update to the Champion Point spread due to the cap being raised with CwC.
    Edited by Tryxus on October 25, 2017 12:43AM
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious if you plan to drop sword/shield on the backbar once Summerset lands and staves will have 2 piece set bonus.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious if you plan to drop sword/shield on the backbar once Summerset lands and staves will have 2 piece set bonus.

I could run a Resto Staff on the backbar and add tri-stat glyphs on my armor instead for some extra Stamina but I'm not using any Resto Staff skills, preferring to rely on the Warden heals. So I'd rather have some extra defense while waiting for Corrupting Pollen to go off, as well as having a way to recharge my Stamina

I'm going to wait with deciding what to run on the backbar until the EU character copy on the PTS. So far, I've only been looking at ways to add a hard CC to the build (and I've found smth really interesting... >:) )
    Edited by Tryxus on May 2, 2018 12:00PM
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭

I could run a Resto Staff on the backbar and add tri-stat glyphs on my armor instead for some extra Stamina but I'm not using any Resto Staff skills, preferring to rely on the Warden heals. So I'd rather have some extra defense while waiting for Corrupting Pollen to go off, as well as having a way to recharge my Stamina

I'm going to wait with deciding what to run on the backbar until the EU character copy on the PTS. So far, I've only been looking at ways to add a hard CC to the build (and I've found smth really interesting... >:) )

Most of the resto passives work simply off having a resto staff equipped. If you are using shield passives though it's definetly a toss up.
  • Jedaii_Knight
    Jedaii_Knight
    ✭✭
    I hadn't played since early launch. I picked up Morrowind yesterday and saw that Warden had a pet build. I've always been a huge fan of pet classes from Wow to Diablo. So I am looking forward to running your build. I've never cared for what class is considered the most popular or powerful but to play how I enjoy and than just do my best in PVE and PVP.

So a humble Thank You for your guide. I should be off to a good start with the path you've provided.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm back with this build :p Still a work in progress, trying to update for Summerset
    I hadn't played since early launch. I picked up Morrowind yesterday and saw that Warden had a pet build. I've always been a huge fan of pet classes from Wow to Diablo. So I am looking forward to running your build. I've never cared for what class is considered the most popular or powerful but to play how I enjoy and than just do my best in PVE and PVP.

So a humble Thank You for your guide. I should be off to a good start with the path you've provided.

Bit late, but... You're welcome :)
    Edited by Tryxus on July 5, 2018 10:56PM