The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tweak for Rite of Passage

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So I offer simple change of Practiced Incantation morph:
1. Let it make caster immune to any CC like currently, for 8 sec.
2. Let it heal caster+1 ally in 8 meters for 8 sec. Or make it heal caster only but apply any major offensive buff(like Heroism).
3. Do not disable caster during ultimate duration.
So, Templar will have choice in morph of which style they will prefer (same as Rushed Ceremony morphs): group support or self-sustain. Currently Templars have to choose either resto ult or snb ult or vampire ult for self-sustain, while they class sustain ult punishing coz promoting only group utility.
With such change Templar that play solo or small-scale will have option to choose this morph to survive. Group utility of skill will be lowered and alternated: instead of granting huge heal to large amount of allies it will allow Templar without loosing self-utility to support teammates in form of being able to deal damage or activating his heals.
Why not Remembrance you may ask?! Because this morph already follow in some way formula that Ult must help caster in first place. While channeling Remembrance caster is granting a lot of healing in very large area, and gain self-defense 2 buffs(major protection and light weaver), but in this cost it disabling him. Incantation will not grant high amount of heals, but will grant utility in form of buffs and CC immunity; it won't grant high damage resistance buffs but it wont disable caster who in attempt to survive will have to actively acting by moving, blocking, healing, otherwise - imminent death.
With such changes morphs will look that way:
Remembrance: large AoE heal that disabling caster, grant him major protection and proc Light Weaver for it's duration that equal to major protection and can stack with it.
Incantation: self heal that apply major offensive buff/heal 1 ally, grant immunity to soft and hard CCs for short duration, allow Templar to actively participate in combat, and will stop procing Sacred Ground and Light Weaver passives.
Tl;DR: such change will be for Templars who prefer active gameplay over passive one.

@Wrobel
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like Restoration Ultimate, Lights Champion.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    That sounds like Restoration Ultimate, Lights Champion.

It is as similar as Veil of Blades and Solar Disturbance.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snb ult and resto ult are stupid and they should be toned down to get in line with the rest of the defensive ults. Not every other defensive ult buffed to match those 2 so that they are all broken.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Snb ult and resto ult are stupid and they should be toned down to get in line with the rest of the defensive ults. Not every other defensive ult buffed to match those 2 so that they are all broken.
    You forgot to mention warden trees that is most "stupid" right now.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH if they just made the caster able to move (perhaps at a reduced rate) it would increase the use of this a ton. At least in my experience, in most situations where you need the big heals from Incantation, you also need to stay somewhat mobile.

Warden trees are a great comparison: they can drop it, we can pull in and out of the trees as needed, etc. etc.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont theu just lock it behind a synergy so if you want to heal your buds theu jave to synergize!!!!!

/sarcasm
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    You forgot to mention warden trees that is most "stupid" right now.

Well y that too. The point is that those should get toned down to be in line with the other defensive ults that are actually balanced. Not the other way around.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have used that ultimate to keep my templar alive before. I do use other ultimates now, but it still has uses for a healer in groups or as a "nyah nyah you can't hurt me" in solo combat.

The only issue? It is vulnerable to knockback kicking you out of it from things like the boss in Bahraha's Gloom "The First" which is a giant Mournful Aegis enemy with the whirling blades. I think that was the boss that did it. Otherwise, elite enemies like the watcher daedra also will knock you out of it.
    Admittedly, it has been a while since I used it and needed it in such fights as I have gotten better, but it's still an issue.
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Give us the pre-hasty prayer changes on that spell. Bonus to self. Give Pure Templar casters major mending back? Ha
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have heals without LoS back? Thanks
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 second of CC immunity + possible immovable is too much.
    Tl;DR: such change will be for Templars who prefer active gameplay over passive one.

I think we will stay in da house in spite of any changes.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions