Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Practicing My New Magicka NB . It Needs Work

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm level 13 (Max CP) Dunmer Magicka NB. (wearing training at moment) I'm dual wield, 1dagger and 1 sword. 5 light armor, 1 heavy and 1 medium. I went to be close, yet far. Ganker? It depends how bad it lags. Beginning of Video it lags.

Yesterday, I bought 2 gold Stygian rings. From the Golden, I missed out 4 weeks. Totally forgot about Golden, glad I remembered. I originally wanted to make a Nb before the Rings came. So was, surprised and kinda added bonus.

I already had a build in mind, totally unsure. On how to get fire damage. Anyway's here build.

1. 5 piece Stygian Set. ( 3 jewelry, 1 sword and 1 dagger)

2. 5 Piece, Kagernac hope, in light.

3. 2 monster pieces. Ilambris (after upgrading business Internet, hopefully next week. Getting Unplayable in Cyrodiil more to)

However I'm totally unsure about llambris. Would fire glyphs work towards fire damage? If I light or heavy attack? Also how's my maneuver in video? I'm trying to learn, not good though. Many thanks.

https://youtu.be/K3CFpDUi7Bw

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 13 you should be deeply concerned with every aspect of the NB game play and performance. Short of rerolling, I would say you want to push through the main quest line to get soul assault.

Otherwise, it appears you've screwed the pooch with the toon.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    At level 13 you should be deeply concerned with every aspect of the NB game play and performance. Short of rerolling, I would say you want to push through the main quest line to get soul assault.

Thank you for advice :smiley: I miss doing the main quests and I really, love Lyris Titanborn. I'll practice sneaking more and get used to my NB more.

Thank you for your recommendation, I will heed your wisdom. Also, is Soul Assault Fire based? It says Magicka, I guess it would be; considered fire based. Due to name. I need more practice like you suggested.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use dagger if you're going magic based. Dagger gives increased weapon crit not spell crit.
    Level up all weapon skill lines but mainly destro, resto, duel wield. Use both swords for duel wield & read forums, there's a ton of data on magblade
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

Thank you for advice :smiley: I miss doing the main quests and I really, love Lyris Titanborn. I'll practice sneaking more and get used to my NB more.

Thank you for your recommendation, I will heed your wisdom. Also, is Soul Assault Fire based? It says Magicka, I guess it would be; considered fire based. Due to name. I need more practice like you suggested.

fire based will say "flame damage".
    soul assault is "magic damage" , 2 completely different things
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore malic...that comment isn't that helpful, lol.

Your sets are a little odd for a magblade. The main reason is that they proc based on damage you don't do often. Sure you can find flame damage to proc illambris...but there are other sets you an get more from.

As a newbie magblade player I would recommend starting with a combo of julianos, seducer and willpower. Don't stress about the millions of sets in the games...use those until you reach vet. By that time you'll have a much better idea how the character plays and what they need help with, then you can refine. (Although...honestly...those aren't bad sets for a magblade vet).

As for lines to level...as you work to vet I recommend leveling up light and heavy armor, destro, and restro. Dual wield and 1h and shield can be useful, so you can focus on these a little too.