Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What do you think is a fair price for the Transmutation Station furnishing?

Marto
Marto
✭✭✭✭✭
Just for the sake of feedback from the community. How many master writ vouchers do you think Transmute stations should cost, for the sake of both making it a rare enough item, without turning the feature into P2W?
Edited by Marto on September 24, 2017 6:58PM
"According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"

What do you think is a fair price for the Transmutation Station furnishing? 106 votes

1250 (current Week #1 PTS value)
31% 33 votes
6% 7 votes
23% 25 votes
250 (equal to an attunable crafting station)
24% 26 votes
1% 2 votes
35 (equal to a regular crafting station)
12% 13 votes
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I voted at 250 I could see up to 750 -a full set of attunables given the crystals burned per use will limit the stations use quite a bit.
    Edited by STEVIL on September 24, 2017 8:40PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather it be 5000.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a serious station and shouldn't be practically given away. It makes Master writs more worthwhile as well.

As for the poll, it's kinda pointless since most people would want most anything for less.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »

so essentially crown store only for the convenience of not going to use the free one behind the DLC pay-wall??

interesting take on it.

thanks
    Edited by STEVIL on September 24, 2017 9:41PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It's a serious station and shouldn't be practically given away. It makes Master writs more worthwhile as well.

As for the poll, it's kinda pointless since most people would want most anything for less.

Well, seems right now its 53% for keep price as is, but likely to change.

My vote is to try and get its value related to its function - not transmuting - thats not its function. you can transmute for free if you have the crystals at the DLC station.

What you are paying for is the convenience of having it somewhere else and/or avoiding purchase of the DLC to get this function (unless they lock it to CWC owners.)

Thats like a few minutes of savings each time you have 40 crystals and a need.

When i compare it to the utility gained by say target dummies for the same crowd likely to get a noticable amount of use from the transmute, 1250 seems out of whack. But thats me.

i based mine on the other "pay for convenience of not having to go to DLC" items, the attunable stations. 250-750 seems the range i would be happy with given that and the ongoing need for crystals.

So, mine was not motivated by "cheaper" but by "comparative value vs comparative price."

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a crafting station. The limiting factor for any crafting station has only ever been and will always be just getting the materials and the prerequisite skill advancement done.

Most people already don't care about getting any crafting station from Rolis Hlaalu due to the fact that they are readily accessible in almost every settlement and many random places in the wild for set stations, not to mention guild-pooled-writ acquisitions.
    This is not a turn towards encouraging people to do master writs or encouraging freedom of decorating houses, which in turn hampers both those system's "cost to benefit" ratio for players and thus for development time and cost and opportunity cost interfering with developing other things.

The cost is just astronomically too high. It makes no logical sense. It seems to just be a "writ-sink" for the absolute richest/no-life players.
    /unsubscribe, /un-use, /uninterested
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 24, 2017 11:40PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a crafting station. The limiting factor for any crafting station has only ever been and will always be just getting the materials and the prerequisite skill advancement done.

Most people already don't care about getting any crafting station from Rolis Hlaalu due to the fact that they are readily accessible in almost every settlement and many random places in the wild for set stations, not to mention guild-pooled-writ acquisitions.
    This is not a turn towards encouraging people to do master writs or encouraging freedom of decorating houses, which in turn hampers both those system's "cost to benefit" ratio for players and thus for development time and cost and opportunity cost interfering with developing other things.

The cost is just astronomically too high. It makes no logical sense. It seems to just be a "writ-sink" for the absolute richest/no-life players.

But the difference here is *8so far*8 as far as we know the only spot for this station in the game without buying it is inside the clockwork city DLC.

to me that changes it up a bit from those available so routinely. To me its more akin to the attunables but with a much bigger fuel cost.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't care, but I can explain why they might not lower it. If you get the station in your house, you might not need the DLC at all so you might not buy it. The reason why it's so ridiculously expensive is to keep this barrier that will pull in a bunch of people to buy the DLC just for using the transmute station.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

But the difference here is *8so far*8 as far as we know the only spot for this station in the game without buying it is inside the clockwork city DLC.

to me that changes it up a bit from those available so routinely. To me its more akin to the attunables but with a much bigger fuel cost.

My point was that's a minor inconvenience. I'm likely to buy the DLC for the other parts of it and not care about transmutation, let alone getting the insanely priced station for my house.
    At that price it better be a robot butler that looks like Molag Bal crawling around all the time with the ability to use it as a target dummy as well. Anything less is an easy "pass on that".
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't care, but I can explain why they might not lower it. If you get the station in your house, you might not need the DLC at all so you might not buy it. The reason why it's so ridiculously expensive is to keep this barrier that will pull in a bunch of people to buy the DLC just for using the transmute station.

Except I know quite a few guilds that pooled writs for a "guildhall" house to have every attuned crafting station. It's too easy for guilds and absolutely easy to ignore for solo players.

The cost is logically inexplicable. It's insane.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

More worthwhile or just depressingly out of reach?
    That's a personal opinion. Mine is the latter. I know I'm not the only one who views it that way.

Now, add to that opinion the fact that guilds are recruiting all over the place with a "guild crafting hall" and I won't even need to buy it or the Clockwork City DLC for access to it.
    The cost is even more illogical. /spock
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see no good reason to buy the station at, or anywhere near its current price. With the ridiculous gem costs, people are hardly going to be using the system anyway. I'd rather just walk two feet from the brass fortress wayshrine then spend every writ voucher I ever have & ever will get on something that I can only use twice a year anyway.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

so essentially crown store only for the convenience of not going to use the free one behind the DLC pay-wall??

interesting take on it.

thanks

No, it should be taken out of the crown store and be set at 5000 vouchers.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

interesting take on it.

thanks

No, it should be taken out of the crown store and be set at 5000 vouchers.

ahhh.. ok well

if thats how big you see its value and importance, thats cool.

for me certainly at that price i would just wayshrine and saunter to the freebie in CWC.

but hey, folks value things differently.
    Edited by STEVIL on September 25, 2017 3:05AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not lower, rather higher since it's purely a convenience, you can always travel to the one in the zone and do it otherwise.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care on the price, Maybe a little lower around the 500-750 mark.

However I also feel that the benches should be in every major city for free use.
    Transmutation is a base game feature and shouldn't have the free benches locked behind a DLC paywall.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except I know quite a few guilds that pooled writs for a "guildhall" house to have every attuned crafting station. It's too easy for guilds and absolutely easy to ignore for solo players.

The cost is logically inexplicable. It's insane.

It is very logically explicable. If even one single casual solo f2p player decides to buy the transmutation feature for cash instead of in-game gold they just made profit. The price is probably tailored for this to happen based on the data they have.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Definitely not lower, rather higher since it's purely a convenience, you can always travel to the one in the zone and do it otherwise.

well then they should increase the prices for the attunable craftingstations to 1k aswell, since its only a convenience ;)

750-850 is a fair price imo.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

well then they should increase the prices for the attunable craftingstations to 1k aswell, since its only a convenience ;)

750-850 is a fair price imo.

actually following the logic, also the regular stations which right now are at 35 iirc "even though" there are easy to get to stations all over in every significant town. The attunables are at least only represented in one or three locations, depending on DLC or mainland.

Add in the crystals used really limiting the use over time and 1250 is unfathomable to me.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS price is fine.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I don't really care on the price, Maybe a little lower around the 500-750 mark.

However I also feel that the benches should be in every major city for free use.
    Transmutation is a base game feature and shouldn't have the free benches locked behind a DLC paywall.

I just want to second Turelus' comment here. The station should absolutely be freely available to all players and not rely on purchasing the station via crowns/vouchers for players without the DLC to be able to transmute.
  • Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Considering 1250 translates to about 1.5m gold. This is assuming prices of writs and material at current level. I feel 500 would be a better price point. Higher than attunable stations but not too high.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought 750 was about right. Before the PTS upload, I had about 600 saved and it wouldn't take much more to get it up to the 750 mark. But 1250 is just too much considering it's easy access in the Clockwork City and the small amount of use it would get considering how much it costs to actually transmute an item with 40 stones. The only reason to have one at your home would be for guildies who don't have access to the DLC or the "it's cool" factor :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 25, 2017 3:35PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be cool if you got it as a “reward” for being 9 trait across the board. And of course, you can buy it with vouchers. Would help give meaning to being 9 traits.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool if you got it as a “reward” for being 9 trait across the board. And of course, you can buy it with vouchers. Would help give meaning to being 9 traits.

One of the most common refrains about transmute for some time has been the 9-trait angle.

There are many ways they could choose to make crafting relevant but not required to this new sub-system.
    1 - As you suggest give a station as furnishing for certain crafting top level achievements.
    2 - Let the fewer tempers passives or the research time passive affect crystal costs for their respective types.
    3 - Sell a token in the vendor for 100 writ vouchers that cuts the crystals needed in half but one per transmute.

They could also scale the crystal cost 10 for crafted pieces, 20 for BoE pieces, 30 for BoP pieces making it mesh with the difficulty in getting the trait/piece you want.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not much else to spend writ vouchers on, so 1250 is fair.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think that would be an awesome achievement for having 9 traits across the board which shows a real dedication to crafting. Right now I don't believe we get any kind of in-game achievement at all.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fair the way it is now
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I originally thought I'd get one for my house, but the voucher price is a bit prohibitive. Instead I'll send master writs to my trade guild because I fully expect we'll be getting one for the guild house (since we already have all set crafting stations attuned, consumable stations, and all the mundus stones).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube