The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My eso problem

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
Ok so I see the threads with people complaining about this game and there's always the comments that say " dude just play for fun". Well I do want the play the game for fun. I don't care about being competitive. I want to be able to play the game as a casual player but I can't. And here's why
PvE: i would love to be able to do raids. But do raids you either have to be really god or have the right sets to do good dps. Without high dps, people won't let you join. To get good sets you have to grind to get them. And that means spending you whole weekend doing the same dumgeon non stop. Who wants to do that.

PvP: so to be able to compete in pvp you have to be really good or decent but with good sets. Well as a casual player I will never be able to be the best so I have to have good sets. Well like I said in the pve section, that requires grinding. And what's worse is how the " good sets" change every month. So after grinding weeks to get a set, it becomes terrible 2 days later.

That's just my opinion btw. Some of you might not agree but this is the reason I quit this game so long ago. I loved this game though. I wish so badly I could just log in and do whatever I want. But I can't. And that's what sucks.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You want to be competitive, then make the effort, oh you left, ah well, no loss.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, MMOs and casuals don't mix.

ESO may be the most casual friendly out of any, but still, MMOs and casuals don't mix.

Not saying anything about your directly, merely stating something which is true.
    Edited by Betsararie on September 24, 2017 2:55AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run normal raids with low DPS.

The best gear is all tradable right now. Best-in-slot sets for magicka DPS are Julianos (craftable), Spinner's (tradable), Necropotence (tradable)

There are some great craftable/tradable stamina sets too.

Absolutely no grinding needed to be able to run trials, even vet trials.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 24, 2017 2:57AM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you dont want to put in the work to get competitive and do end game content, then yoy dont deserve it. people worked hard to get to ens game, why should you get a pass?
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    So, you want the easy button. Certain things in this game (and others) you have to play for. If there are things in this game I may want to do, I have to play in order to achieve it. If I feel I do not want to put the time in required, I do not. It is all about choice, yours, not this MMO.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

ESO may be the most casual friendly out of any, but still, MMOs and casuals don't mix.

Not saying anything about your directly, merely stating something which is true.

I beg to differ on that first line. They do mix. It's the culture that surrounds these high-end activities, that dont mix.

If there's any block it's the people involved making it.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 24, 2017 3:06AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ on that first line. They do mix. It's the culture that surrounds these high-end activities, that dont mix.

In what way do they mix?

Is it the endless grinds? The hundreds of hours spent playing? The hyper competitive players?

It all just screams casual in the same way that Hello Kitty: Island Adventure does, doesn't it.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this might be about ESO addiction.
    I was wrong...
    ...moving along..
    **waves from Vvardenfell :blush:
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like making funny builds with crappy sets, but even that is not funny anymore...

The game has become quite boring... or you run BIS or you run CE
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I see the threads with people complaining about this game and there's always the comments that say " dude just play for fun". Well I do want the play the game for fun. I don't care about being competitive. I want to be able to play the game as a casual player but I can't. And here's why
    PvE: i would love to be able to do raids. But do raids you either have to be really god or have the right sets to do good dps. Without high dps, people won't let you join. To get good sets you have to grind to get them. And that means spending you whole weekend doing the same dumgeon non stop. Who wants to do that.

PvP: so to be able to compete in pvp you have to be really good or decent but with good sets. Well as a casual player I will never be able to be the best so I have to have good sets. Well like I said in the pve section, that requires grinding. And what's worse is how the " good sets" change every month. So after grinding weeks to get a set, it becomes terrible 2 days later.

That's just my opinion btw. Some of you might not agree but this is the reason I quit this game so long ago. I loved this game though. I wish so badly I could just log in and do whatever I want. But I can't. And that's what sucks.

Honestly it sounds like you have never tried.

You want to do raids, you start at normal. You don't need to be really good, or have the right sets. People will let you join. Yes if you want to do vet content you should be putting in vet effort. But you can still raid as a casual in normal if you actually wanted to.

PvP in this game was designed for casuals. I swear to god I hate PvP in every other game I have played, in this game PvP is actually fun for me as a casual. Join a guild dedicated to PvP and run with them.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hardcore deserve something for all the time they have spent. The craftabale and tradeable are not that far off from the top gear sets.

I have more of a problem with
    -lag-
    -population inbalances-
    -broken group finder-
    -how stagnant cyrodil is-
    -alliance hoping-
    Etc...etc...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In what way do they mix?

Is it the endless grinds? The hundreds of hours spent playing? The hyper competitive players?

It all just screams casual in the same way that Hello Kitty: Island Adventure does, doesn't it.

I'm a casual. I have done maybe 5 pledges total (though I cleared some vet dungeons pre-pledge). I have 5 max level characters (only two were v16). I have never attempted a Trial. I have never complete Maelstrom Arena. My max level Magplar has high end gear that I crafted, everyone else is wearing drop gear from the lame content I have played. I did have a DK tank with top gear at v14, but never did anything with him, sadly.

There is a lot to do in the game. The important thing for a casual though is to play other games when there isn't new content. I will probably wait for the next chapter before playing again. I'll log in for achievements when there are events. Otherwise, I'm not interested in dungeon DLC, and I can just play Clockwork City in the same month I play the next chapter. Sometimes I scratch the urge to knock off more achievements and that also brings me back into the game.

The main thing I find casual un-friendly is the repeated rebalancing. I would love it if they stopped that.

If I want to do more vet dungeons or trials, I would just join a guild that would help me bridge the experience gap.
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭

In ESO it's skill > gear, and no items in game will make you any better if you don't know what your doing, so if you don't want to spend time to gain experience and learn I guess it's good that you quit.
    Have fun in cod/minecraft/whatever :)
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you don't put forth the work, you end up being carried by others through dungeons and trials. No one likes that guy. Don't be that guy.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you don't put forth the work, you end up being carried by others through dungeons and trials. No one likes that guy. Don't be that guy.

^

Strive to never be that guy
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Denyiir wrote: »

In ESO it's skill > gear, and no items in game will make you any better if you don't know what your doing, so if you don't want to spend time to gain experience and learn I guess it's good that you quit.

Is there an Elder Scrolls clicker?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if I understand you correctly you wan't to play in the competitive endgame but don't want to have to play competitive your self? That seem like an issue.
    For PvE run normal raids, there is no need to be competitive. There is no need to grind for days to get the appropriate gear to do those, in fact you can make a build for that in like 30 minutes. Just keep out of vet trials, since that's were you need to be competitive. For PvP that doesn't work since you always compete with everybody. So yeah, I can understand the problem there.
    But over all your big problem seems to be that you focus too much on specific gear. It's not that important, it's just one out of many factors. Also there are lots of gear choices that are very easy to get and the difference to absolute BIS is minimal. Apart from that gear does not get obsolete every new patch. In fact I have sets that I'm now playing for over one year and I only changed a glyph or trait here and there and that's it.
    At the end the real difference between a newer player and someone who has put thousands of hours into the game isn't gear, it's routine and knowledge.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denyiir wrote: »

Lets face it, there is not much skill left in this game.

1 guy make a mag sorc, 1 guy makes a nightblade and 1 guy make a dragon knight and just 3v1 gank all solo players. sorc can burst down and catch just about anybody, nightblade marks target and your dragon knight can reflect/stun and keep up the Dot's.
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    I love how I stated my opinion on how I feel the game is and I'm being called lazy and told to play cod. Guess why this community is so toxic.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    So if I understand you correctly you wan't to play in the competitive endgame but don't want to have to play competitive your self? That seem like an issue.
    For PvE run normal raids, there is no need to be competitive. There is no need to grind for days to get the appropriate gear to do those, in fact you can make a build for that in like 30 minutes. Just keep out of vet trials, since that's were you need to be competitive. For PvP that doesn't work since you always compete with everybody. So yeah, I can understand the problem there.

There is no problem in PvP since PvP has not "vet" mode. Everything is open to everyone.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how I stated my opinion on how I feel the game is and I'm being called lazy and told to play cod. Guess why this community is so toxic.

The game is very casual-friendly. Most of the best gear right now can be crafted/bought from guild traders (absolutely no grind is required for even vet content, let alone normal). There are multiple difficulty settings to help ease you into things (nobody starts with vet trials). There isn't a problem with the game. The problem is your attitude. You haven't put any effort into trying to break into endgame content (which is very accessible). You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 24, 2017 3:59AM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

There is no problem in PvP since PvP has not "vet" mode. Everything is open to everyone.

Yeah, but that mean is open to be butchered by better players. :P
    Edited by FakeFox on September 24, 2017 4:12AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run normal raids with low DPS.

The best gear is all tradable right now. Best-in-slot sets for magicka DPS are Julianos (craftable), Spinner's (tradable), Necropotence (tradable)

There are some great craftable/tradable stamina sets too.

Absolutely no grinding needed to be able to run trials, even vet trials.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing "raids" (or trials as they are called in ESO) is not casual play - with the exception of SO and AA on normal mode. The others are NOT casual play. They are for those who want to do high end stuff. If you want casual play, stick to group dungeons.

And yeah, if you want to beat other players in PvP, you have to be better than the people who PvP all the time with min-maxed BIS characters.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 24, 2017 7:50AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much toxicity here. You started out with a contradictory desire to achieve all the hardcore content while playing casually, and then ended up explaining your inability to do so is why you quit a long time ago. Most of the replies are simply pointing out that if you want to do the highly competitive content then you have to put in the effort to be highly competitive. That still leaves a large amount of PvE and PvP endgame content that can be done casually.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love trials. But getting in one on ps4 with a group that can actually complete vmaw or VhOf? Lol
    Even grinding to have the gear or perfectly working on your rotation means subjecting yourself to hours of gameplay with the most toxic part of the ps4 community. Kiss some butt, send some nudes, or gtfo is their attitude.
    Find some nice people to raid with? Bad news. They suck. :s
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For raiding there are normal raids which have a low threshold for DPS. As long as you are not a mag build with Stam gear or visa versa you should be fine.

For PvP, skill trumps all and experience is where skill comes from. Although you can run with a zerg, which is what most do in Cyrodiil, and be just fine. Just stick with the group.

To get into the more competitive, or even very capable groups does take some skill, but can be done without having gear from trials since that makes a marginal difference. After all they had to clear the trials to get the gear from the trials.

As for getting into the more capable guild it takes desire to be able to do your part. There are also guilds at all levels that are great for getting experience to build upon. From there you meet more likeminded players and if you do well it could open the door to finding a more capable guild or group.

After all, most of the top players did not start out at the top.
    Edited by idk on September 24, 2017 10:08AM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I've been here since launch and I will most likely be here when they turn the lights of, don't know if it helps but here are a few things I've picked up :)

1:
    You don't need the rarest gear, seriousely, the diffrence between best in slot and crafted is like arguing between hair and fur, I've done everything in the game except pvp, I've been through vet trials and all with sets from guild traders and crafted stuff. No one ever complained about my contribution. Never been kicked. The end game community isn't toxic, it's just that a very small part of it has a big gob and very little brain. The vast majority are like everyone else, i.e. A mix of nice or vague indifference. Bit like being in a gym

Most of the time for me it's as follows:
    Three open world dropped set jewellery, one hat (because dropped sets either look nice or are good but never both, I can hide the hat after all) and a belt (as long as it's small then it inevitably looking rubbish isn't a problem). After that it's whatever crafted stuff I've made. Either that or its five crafted then maybe three piece jewelry and another half set to round it out.

2:
    Find a guild that does a lot of end game stuff. If the guild your in keeps shutting the door on you because you don't have some massively overhyped dropped set then you need to drop them, there are loads of guilds, keep moving till you find one that fits. Colleague of mine is in a guild that did runs of vet MoL with the rule that other then jewelry all gear had to be crafted and they got through it just fine, I tagged along for one and went fairly well.

3:
    This game is a time sink, it's part of its nature much like ducks normally having webbed feet, all mmo games are like that, in fact most games are in one way or another. I only give it a few hours a week but I've got there even though it was a long road. One thing you must remember is that this is not some shooter that wraps up in ten hours, this is a borderline life style, a marathon not a sprint.... However... If if comes to a choice between my little girls and eso, well eso looses, they always ask nicely so if they need my time they have it. If the amazon I married says in that rich husky voice of hers that she needs a hand with her armour for historical reinacting then by god I'm gone baby B) but I still fit a bit in here and there. It's going to take a long time, no way round that.

4:
    You can play it your way, I keep two charecters for top end stuff, the rest are storytelling aids, like my dk hybrid dps with sword and shield and destro staff that once went on such a rampage in normal dark shade caverns two that one player thought I was using a cheat :D truth is that this game is 20% gear, 1% skill and 79% practice. Keep at it long enough and you won't have to think about what to do, your fingers will remember. That's why some players seen so good, they spent so long practicing that it gets hard wired. I don't conciousely weave in light attacks, it just happens on its own. Get good enough and the minority won't be able to keep you out.

5:
    Have fun, if it's not fun then find a new game, we will still be here if you come back :)
    Edited by Integral1900 on September 24, 2017 10:55AM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

There's no point to having cake if you can't eat it! What are you doing? Just looking at it? Cake is for eating. Pure and simple.