The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I`m thinking to join the Master Race

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
I`m playing in PS4 EU on PS4 Pro , however the game is POORLY optimized for mid spec hardware and I don't wanna wait to 2019 for the PS5 to come out so I can play the game in 60fps+
I have question and 1 request for you guys:
The question is : with a budget of 1300$ would I be able to make a configuration that is capable running eso in native 4k 60fps+ at max settings (keep in mind that I already have 1TB SSD Samsung 850 evo) , and if the answer is yes , I would love to read your suggestions.
My request is : Can someone with beefy PC record 4k video with max settings in the game while doing a Trial , and walking around in populated capital Cities , cuz currently in YouTube there are only 2 4k videos which are OLD as hell and rly don't show anything interesting.
And also , how is the PC EU Cyrodiil population ?
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game itself is poorly optimized.

I believe there’s no computer system can fulfill your request.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could pay Zenimax to swap to PC, I'd do it in a heart beat.

But with the nerf to VMA weapons, it seems like I just need to buy a good PC now since grinding them for PVP was basically pointless for next update.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian?
    PC EU
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry this isn't an answer to your question but I think you're seriously underestimating the grind to get to a max CP level player again and getting everything you want.
    If ZOS allowed switches, not even items just your stats and characters with nothing on them, it would be great.

GL finding info on specs but all I'll advise is think over the long long grind to get back up
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw your title, I thought you wanted to be a Dunmer!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials is going to lower your fps, no matter what, let alone at max settings.

Even at 1080p, pretty much no computer can run ESO at 60fps while in combat in a veteran trial. You can give those high-framerate hopes up completely when it comes to Cyrodiil.

Here are some specs that I think will best satisfy your needs.

CPU: latest Intel Core i5 or better. If you want to do veteran trials and PvP at a decent framerate, you need a beefy CPU. An i7-7700k is about $320, and if you're going for that you'd better be overclocking the hell out of it, so add about $100 and go for a beefy CPU cooler as well.

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 or better. Should be able to max out settings at 4k just fine, though a GTX 1080 is going to be better if you want to make sure your graphics isn't going to be a framerate bottleneck. A GTX 1070 is about $430, and a GTX 1080 is about $560.

The rest you can calculate yourself.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

SAME
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess you can get a PC that can run the game the way you want it in open world and dungeons for that budget. However you will not achieve constant 60 FPS in trials or PvP. And that's not an issue of your PC being too bad but the game being poorly optimized or something. You can't have the absolute top hardware and you will still get FPS drops.

PvP population on PC/EU seems to be like everywhere else, Vivec poplocked, Sotha Sil high, everything else dead.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

If you're gonna pay them to put the shaft to Consoles then I expect you to also pay them to allow account transfers.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw your title, I thought you wanted to be an Altmer!

• Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that $1300 is fine...If you go with a desktop. (I'm assuming you already have a monitor/TV)

$1300 on a laptop would work, but might be a little light. If Quality Graphics is a priority, go desktop.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    My opinion is that $1300 is fine...If you go with a desktop. (I'm assuming you already have a monitor/TV)

$1300 on a laptop would work, but might be a little light. If Quality Graphics is a priority, go desktop.

Ye i already have 1080p monitor and 65 inch Samsung KS8000 .I am very dissapointed of what you guys are telling me , basicly nomatter what i buy i would not have smooth gameplay in Cyro and Trials...
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tut. I thought OP meant vampire...I was all 'Got your bite on standby, Bby. The cookies are the best here...'

But nope.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    When I saw your title, I thought you wanted to be an Altmer!

Changing someone's quote is a low-down thing to do but, then, that doesn't surprise me for an Altmer lover! ;)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you said master race I assumed you meant argonian
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the title I thought, YES, ANOTHER NORD! Welcome brother!

.....now I see that's not the case :/
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    My PC is over five years old and runs the game just fine. (The video card and hard drive are newer though).
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Ye i already have 1080p monitor and 65 inch Samsung KS8000 .I am very dissapointed of what you guys are telling me , basicly nomatter what i buy i would not have smooth gameplay in Cyro and Trials...

Nothing you can do to change that other than going all out on a CPU. I guess you can brute-force some better framerates in Cyrodiil by acquiring an Intel Core i9 or an AMD Ryzen Threadripper, but this is where the question of "is the slightly better framerate in a poorly optimized game worth the $1000 I spend on one of these CPUs worth it?" comes into play, and the answer is "hell no".

Either way, any regular PC configuration you can afford with $1300 is still going to be miles better than a PS4 Pro anyways. A computer with an Intel Core i5 and an Nvidia GTX 1070 will outperform the PS4 Pro in both CPU and GPU power.

17 Argonians

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it ! Just ordered Intel i7 k7740 , GTX 1080ti , and corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-ddr4-3000-mhz-cl15 .

If eso don't wanna run smooth while doing Trials nad PVP-ing on this configuration I will just press the uninstall button and find something else to play.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it ! Just ordered Intel i7 k7740 , GTX 1080ti , and corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-ddr4-3000-mhz-cl15 .

If eso don't wanna run smooth while doing Trials nad PVP-ing on this configuration I will just press the uninstall button and find something else to play.

It probably won't run smooth in trials and big fights in PvP, though really this is pretty much the best you can get. You really just have to deal with it. A good thing, though, is that you get to run pretty much all other games at 4k on high.

I'm mainly wondering what else you got along with your brand-spankin'-new specs, such as a motherboard with a compatible socket with your i7-7740K, a case, cooling, and a power supply.

17 Argonians

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It probably won't run smooth in trials and big fights in PvP, though really this is pretty much the best you can get. You really just have to deal with it. A good thing, though, is that you get to run pretty much all other games at 4k on high.

I'm mainly wondering what else you got along with your brand-spankin'-new specs, such as a motherboard with a compatible socket with your i7-7740K, a case, cooling, and a power supply.

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3, Socket 1151 (DDR4)
    Power supply : EVGA GQ 650W, 80 PLUS Gold
    and no additional cooling , if I see that my temperatures go above the optimal while gaming I will buy water cooling.
    and this is the case fd49Jx.jpg
    Edited by RouDeR on September 26, 2017 10:40AM
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭

So did I!
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't read the entire thread but here my thoughts:

I have a gtx 1070 (laptop) and an i7 6700hq and I find myself bottlenecked by the processor all the time. I run the game at 1080p on the laptop and at 2160p on my TV with pretty much equal performance. In the settings I turn the two sliders for particles completely to the left (lowest setting), view distance is reduced to 75/100, I turn off reflections, and I lower shadow quality to medium as these settings seem to be partly CPU dependent.
    But even on these rather low settings I have poor performance in cities (35-50 fps in Mournhold market place) and sometimes below 60 fps in 4 group dungeons. Haven't tried trials on PC yet but the performance should at least be better than on XBO, which I have played on before and found way too horrible to keep going.
    I switched to master race at CP360 btw and I have to admit that leveling is by far not as much fun as the first time. At least the game runs much smoother and prettier than before, though far from perfect.

My CPU usage usually hovers around 40 %, GPU at 1080p around 25 %, and GPU at 2160p around 60 %. I have read elsewhere that the game is poorly optimized for multi core usage which is probably why CPU usage is so low.

My recommendation would be a processor with few but strong cores (overclockable) and a gtx 1070.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should have read a little more. Just saw that you already bought a computer. The GPU is way over the top for ESO though. The game is not very demnading graphically.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

If you're gonna pay them to put the shaft to Consoles then I expect you to also pay them to allow account transfers.

yea?
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But with the nerf to VMA weapons, it seems like I just need to buy a good PC now since grinding them for PVP was basically pointless for next update.

"nerf to vMA weapons" they were only nerfed for certain situations in PvP. Its a massive buff for PvE.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really your PS4. It's the game engine itself. You can make some changes in the engine settings (usersettings.txt). You can increase the FPS CAP you can decrease some shadows or make it even sharper. You can adjust the Threads and Cores. You can basically fine tune the Engine. Some get great advantage some get nothing.
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I`m playing in PS4 EU on PS4 Pro , however the game is POORLY optimized for mid spec hardware and I don't wanna wait to 2019 for the PS5 to come out so I can play the game in 60fps+
    I have question and 1 request for you guys:
    The question is : with a budget of 1300$ would I be able to make a configuration that is capable running eso in native 4k 60fps+ at max settings (keep in mind that I already have 1TB SSD Samsung 850 evo) , and if the answer is yes , I would love to read your suggestions.
    My request is : Can someone with beefy PC record 4k video with max settings in the game while doing a Trial , and walking around in populated capital Cities , cuz currently in YouTube there are only 2 4k videos which are OLD as hell and rly don't show anything interesting.
    And also , how is the PC EU Cyrodiil population ?

The game runs like ass on PC too. There is no way you'll get a consistent 60+ fps. Drops into the 30s and 40s are common in towns, raids, and PvP. This is because the game is CPU-bound and runs on a single core. As a result, you'll get the same performance on a $1000 PC as you will on a $3000 one.

Having said that, at least you'll be able to run the game on maxed out settings, which looks a lot better than what consoles can output. You also have access to Reshade to further spruce things up.

I'm not sure if $1300 is enough for a decent gaming rig in Europe. If building a new computer, I'd aim to run all new games on max settings, not just ESO.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 27, 2017 6:50AM
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Just to give you an idea btw.
    GTX1080ti overclocked
    i7-7700k overclocked
    samsung m.2 ssd 960 evo
    (few more bits ofcourse to support this like multiple fans, 16gb of 2.7 ghz ram and a sufficient motherboard)

highest settings at 1440p

In PvP even during the most populated fights it only goes down to 45 at worst/lowest point, in Cyro in general with normal fights i woud probably have an avarage 65-75 with during simply running as a group goes to 80-90. I imagine in a trial it would probably stay somewhere either around my generic cyro fight fps or just slightly below 60.

Now, that is fine.. however now to come to your choice of resolution... 4k.
    1080p -> 1440p already loses a few/a bit of garanteed fps. However the change from 1440p to 4k is waaay heavier with the amount of extra pixels.Thats stuff that makes you lose 60-70% of your performance :P

So no, especially looking at how ESO handles SLI (not as well as it could) not even 1080ti in SLI would give you the stable fps you want.
    Not to mention that at that point youre spending at least double the amount of money you named.
    Edited by Timeraider on September 27, 2017 7:06AM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody has smooth gameplay in trials and Cyro. No matter if you are on ps4, xbox or pc / mac. Its the game itself. I got a high-end PC, and I can play every damn game perfectly fine. Except the ones from Bethesda / ZoS. ESO, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and so on all run crappy due to poor programming (Fallout4 is the worst tbh).
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh