The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is that bubble ...

NinthPrince64
NinthPrince64
✭✭✭
Embarrassingly noobie question, but what is the sphere/bubble that NPC cast on you?

Thanks.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dark one which makes you take damage back on yourself?

It's a Templar ability (or NPC variant) called Eclipse? (not sure if that's the right name, I need to Templar more)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^. You can CC break it.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's probably Eclipse. Note that NPC versions are super OP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that is it. So, I can cc break it - great to know. Thanks. Also, as long as I am not using a projectile attack, I should be okay, correct? Thanks again.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't cc break it, currently. On pts you might be about to cc break it.

It can be purged though, but the guards will still eclipse you.

Only unreflected attacks will work (channel/player based AOE DMG, ground based dots.).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that is it. So, I can cc break it - great to know. Thanks. Also, as long as I am not using a projectile attack, I should be okay, correct? Thanks again.

Not exactly...if you are encountering it in Cyrodiil from flag guards, the rules for what it reflects are inconsistent. It will reflect dawnbreaker and soul tether, for instance. And you can't CC break it, but if another CC gets on you and you break THAT CC, the immunity will protect you from further eclipses in theory.

Basically, as the skill has gone through reworks, some have applied to the NPC version and some have not--additionally, more changes are coming to it next patch and it's never clear which of them will apply to NPC Eclipse vs. Templar Eclipse.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly...if you are encountering it in Cyrodiil from flag guards, the rules for what it reflects are inconsistent. It will reflect dawnbreaker and soul tether, for instance. And you can't CC break it, but if another CC gets on you and you break THAT CC, the immunity will protect you from further eclipses in theory.

Basically, as the skill has gone through reworks, some have applied to the NPC version and some have not--additionally, more changes are coming to it next patch and it's never clear which of them will apply to NPC Eclipse vs. Templar Eclipse.

It's true, CC yourself to break the eclipse, fire staff reach is the best way!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds