The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Second major update since Morrowind... still no fix for warden class...

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We're about to have our second major update since Morrowind. Yet the warden class is as useless as ever in PvE.

Here is how many times warden appears in the top-100 on leader boards:

HRC: 0
AA: 0
SO: 1
MoL: 0
HoF: 1
vDSA: 3

This is inexcusable. All the other classes are proportionally represented. People paid $40 for this garbage. How long do we have to wait before we can use it in endgame? Why isn't it being fixed with CWC?

The warden can't DPS (magicka spec deals 20% less damage than other magicka classes and has zero utility skills; stamina fairs better but is still outclassed by every other stamina class), and it's not good enough to heal/tank when compared to templar/DK.
Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 22, 2017 2:07AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But is it because Wardens are incapable of getting leaderboard scores, or because people on the leaderboards don't want to use Wardens to get their scores.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    But is it because Wardens are incapable of getting leaderboard scores, or because people on the leaderboards don't want to use Wardens to get their scores.

If they were capable of the feat, people would use them. They're in a really bad spot right now. Their DPS is abysmal and they have no group utility skills to add (like templar, DK, and NB). This is the most varied role on leader boards and warden has no chance of ever being used in this role (20% less damage and no utility).

Their support potential is okay, but it still falls behind templar/DK.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 22, 2017 4:58PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw what sorcs are parsing with Asylum weapons. :lol:

FFS ZOS. Every class is ***, but warden of course falls even further behind.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 22, 2017 6:57PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

As someone who is constantly on those leaderboards with #1 scores, I can tell you with confidence how horrible they are. So much needs to be done passively. I was beyond hyped to main Magicka Warden for PvE DPS but it is absolutely terrible rn. So bad I am not allowing myself to bring down my team by using a purposely weak class. We would much rather take a DK Healer over a Mag Warden DPS.

Warden DPS (sole point of concern) in particular is so bad it is impossible to stress. ZOS flat out give them a massive Damage Done passive boost because they saw how bad they were. If any other class got that passive they would become OP. Warden has this passive and is currently far beyond all other classes instead.

The only way to bring Warden up to par with almost zero changes would be to give them 100% Major Beserk uptime passively (30% damage done). They're THAT bad. Huge changes need to happen that'll probably be done over the course of next year :(
    Edited by Vaoh on September 22, 2017 7:08PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    The only way to bring Warden up to par with almost zero changes would be to give them 100% Major Beserk uptime passively (30% damage done). They're THAT bad. Huge changes need to happen that'll probably be done over the course of next year :(

Man. I really wanted to give some feedback how Warden DPS could be improved, but this is just too demotivating.
    I mean, where to even begin.

I wish they would abandon this frost tanking nonsense for a start.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also disappointed that there were no major changes except for a buff to a healing ability and a confusing "buff" to a teleport ability, both of which aren't used because there are better abilities to do the same thing.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're about to have our second major update since Morrowind. Yet the warden class is as useless as ever in PvE.

This is inexcusable. All the other classes are proportionally represented. People paid $40 for this garbage. How long do we have to wait before we can use it in endgame? Why isn't it being fixed with CWC?

The warden can't DPS (magicka spec deals 20% less damage than other magicka classes and has zero utility skills; stamina fairs better but is still outclassed by every other stamina class), and it's not good enough to heal/tank when compared to templar/DK.

Quick question just to make sure - is this top-100 the warden stats for any role or just the dps role?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Quick question just to make sure - is this top-100 the warden stats for any role or just the dps role?

Any role.

That's what makes it so concerning. Although they make decent healers and tanks, they aren't better than templar and DK. And their DPS (especially magicka) isn't even close to competitive.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 22, 2017 9:42PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Any role.

That's what makes it so concerning. Although they make decent healers and tanks, they aren't better than templar and DK. And their DPS (especially magicka) isn't even close to competitive.

gotcha, thanks.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."