The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MagSorc - Whats good with Alteration Mastery?

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Id like to use Alteration Mastery set for pvp and achieve over 2k recovery. I coupled it with shacklebreaker however my max magica and spell dmg took a fall. (36kmag 2k SD buffed).

Im out for the day so im hoping for some insight on a better set to couple it with, that way im not spending all my time and gold experimenting lol.

Im used to being around 1400-1700rec 40kmag and 3k+ buffed though im not fully aware of 'acceptable' stats.
Edited by Lord_Wrath on September 17, 2017 7:44PM
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with alt mastery for magsorcs is that it doesn't give a single + max mag. Seducers, Lich and warlock all give one in comparison.
    This hits both you dps and the size of your shields, which depending on build, can be hard to overcome. Esp since most of its competition, listed above, for sustain do.
    The positive about it is that the 6% cost mit is additive withe the power stone passive, bringing down the cost of big ults like negate and eot a nice amount.
    I've always liked the set and tried a few builds with it, but I always end up going elsewhere. The magica loss just hits me too noticeably.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out I was using all light armor and not my undaunted passives. Now with Shackle and Alteration I can get 37.5k-39.5k max magica, 1800-2400 recovery depending on food/drink (witchmother, tri food, magica+health food)

Im really liking this setup, im barely running out of magica in the heat of battle.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alteration Mastery just isn't as good on sorc as other classes.
    You need to figure out if you want to use shields or not but I would do this:
    Farm for amberplasm, craft twice born star (all divines, if you can keep shields up), 1 piece domihaus, sharpened fire staff, mundus spell dmg & max magicka, witch mothers drink.
    If you run shields then 1 heavy & 1 medium
    If no shields run 2 heavy & maybe all nirn instead of divines.
    If you want for either you can run 2-3 infused
    Edited by kaithuzar on September 20, 2017 9:09PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21641071_10159429222935442_1948980057122864738_o.jpg?oh=1c17c6a5d853913e8b574891a099dd7f&oe=5A3C447B

Heres what I got fully buffed:
    Witchmothers brew
    Keep resource buff
    Potion recovery
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alteration Mastery loses some value on sorcs as they don't typically block/dodgeroll/sprint as much as other magicka builds. Really, I'm not a fan of Alteration Mastery outside of sword and board setups.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alteration Mastery loses some value on sorcs as they don't typically block/dodgeroll/sprint as much as other magicka builds. Really, I'm not a fan of Alteration Mastery outside of sword and board setups.

Ultimate cost reduction is good though.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Ultimate cost reduction is good though.

Yeah, for sure. I'd just give serious consideration to Seducer instead for magsorc, overall, if looking for cost reduction.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vs Seducer youre looking at a 2% difference for magica usage which I think you arent going to notice a whole lot. 6% off everything however, how can that be a negative? Dodging is very important to avoid damage especially taking a resource solo. Blocking is useful when you know someone is in stealth waiting to attack. Sprinting is useful to get to safetey coupled with streak and boundless storm speed. Ult is mentioned and agreed on. Break free is important. Its more forgiving to use a stamina utility as well. In the end this all supports survivability which I have noticed an exponential improvement. My magica recovery is nearly 2x as that of my Amberplasm build.

Did you see my screenshot with my stats? I dont theyre bad at all.
  • Sovegreina
    Sovegreina
    ✭✭
    Using the alteration/shackle setup myself in non-cp....no issues with either sustain og damage.
    Buffed i'm at 3.1K SD, and 2.6K recovery.

Not a fan of amber plasm and the need to rely on dark conversion in order to sustain...just dont like the playstyle.

What about 5 seducer, 4 Necro, 1 Domi and 1 Iilambris/Infernal?
    Havent checked what numbers this gives you, but should provide a decent magpool while having a good sustain.
    EU | PC
    Nebarius - High Elf Sorcerer
    CP800 - Tribune
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthorn touch is another good sustain set as long as you stay aggressive. I use it on mine it's great. 1-4 piece is ideal as well.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

Vs Seducer youre looking at a 2% difference for magica usage which I think you arent going to notice a whole lot. 6% off everything however, how can that be a negative? Dodging is very important to avoid damage especially taking a resource solo. Blocking is useful when you know someone is in stealth waiting to attack. Sprinting is useful to get to safetey coupled with streak and boundless storm speed. Ult is mentioned and agreed on. Break free is important. Its more forgiving to use a stamina utility as well. In the end this all supports survivability which I have noticed an exponential improvement. My magica recovery is nearly 2x as that of my Amberplasm build.

Did you see my screenshot with my stats? I dont theyre bad at all.

On a build that does not run amberplasm + alteration and does not block alteration flatout looses to amber in every regard except for ultemate cost - which is of arguable value due to the losses you´re taking elsewhere.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    On a build that does not run amberplasm + alteration and does not block alteration flatout looses to amber in every regard except for ultemate cost - which is of arguable value due to the losses you´re taking elsewhere.

The only loss ive noticed switching from amberplasm is some stam recovery and some spell damage. Can you support why you think so?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you run in a group or solo? I would say for group play (of 2 or more people)
    Amberplasm>seducer>worm cult>alteration mastery

But for solo play alteration mastery beats worm.
    Edited by kaithuzar on September 22, 2017 8:00PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically solo