The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zos - You're going to lose more and more players if you don't improve...

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Just a thought really, I've loved this game for years and it's been one of my only games, i've quit here and there for a little while but i've always come back and put the same amount of time/dedication into it.

Howwwwever, I feel like the game is becoming stale; the trials are the same, the playerbase is down anyway which makes it harder to find dedicated teams to run certain trials (vMol, I'm looking at you), the content is slow, the DLC's being released aren't really DLCs and they don't have any new maps or any new quest lines just a couple of dungeons... wow...

I just feel like you're going to lose a lot more players if I can be this dedicated to the game and now feel like I don't have the heart for it anymore. You can do so much more to capture more players and retain your customer base. Why? Why not make more trials? Why not have people working on more dungeons, more quests, more areas? I don't understand.

Anyway, I'm wondering how many people feel like this; how many people have quit recently for other games (Destiny 2, I'm looking at you) because I am very close to quitting and I don't want to.
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same feeling. Sometimes I just want to quit the game because of the many errors that are here for a couple years and they still aren't fixed. I have the impression the devs don't care about the errors as long they keep selling stuff.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel this at all, Morrowind got a surge of new players and old players back into the game.

Halls of Fabrication is still going strong without being fully conquered yet, we have a new mini-trial announced and coming with Clockwork City.

Are you trying to PUG trials? It could be that numbers are down on that simply because the later trials are harder and harder to PUG so people don't want to do so as much (and no group tool for trials).

Guild wise it's really easy to get trials going if you have some people to lead raids, the guild I am with have been doing almost five trials runs a week right now and even a spontaneous vAA request in guild chat will fill up within 10mins.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, they detailed their content release policy early on this year after Homestead and it is:

Q1: DLC Story Zone
    Q2: Chapter/expansion
    Q3: DLC Dungeons (2 dungeons)
    Q4: DLC Story Zone

So we have had
    Q2: Morrowind Chapter/expansion
    Q3: HotR Dungeon Pack
    and coming up:
    Q4: Clockwork City (which will be a story zone).

Even before this, the dlc included dungeon packs (SotH), so I doubt that HotR has caused much of an exodus. More likely people getting fed up with gear and skill changes in the base game updates, if at all.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care no profit, not very popular, go ahead link the every dev they won't see it let alone care about it, look I love Zos but the ability to listen to the players on what content they would like to see is non existent
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I have to admit that I don't get terribly excited about the dungeon pack dlcs - I'd much rather have a zone to run around in - but on the other hand, I'd rather have a schedule whereby I can expect zones to run around in for Q1,2, and 4, than have them skimp on that to provide 1 dungeon with each dlc or something like that.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're going at the same rate as most MMOs. They want to squeeze every last drop out of everything they can. When you start losing the will to play, that's your cue to take a break. I often stop playing for many months at a time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care no profit, not very popular, go ahead link the every dev they won't see it let alone care about it, look I love Zos but the ability to listen to the players on what content they would like to see is non existent
    Agreed. Otherwise we would have housing, transmog, battlegrounds, trait change (RNG fix) and other much demanded features coming to or already in the game.
    For playable content if only we got new zones, dungeons, trials every year on the back on those demanded features as well, it's really like ZOS does nothing for this game at all since launch. If only they listened to what we wanted and did it! :smirk:

Okay seriously though, how can you say they're not listening when they're literally announcing the stuff we've been asking for? The only area I think is not getting love right now is Cyrodiil and that's probably just because the PvP teams been working on battlegrounds.
    In before white knight comments
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive all but quit because of how they have basically destroyed my sorc. Can't even use my gold ilambris because I get the same base dps from boundless storm -- and that can actually crit! All thats left is to unsub my eso plus membership.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how you can say that though to be honest; I'm in several guilds but it is PS4 so maybe the difference is there. I don't PUG trials, I have PS4 Chat / Guild chat to organise the raids but I still feel the playerbase is down, it doesn't seem as easy to find groups for certain dungeons etc... I just don't know how you can not feel like the content is stale.

The same things over and over, halls of fabrication is too hard for most people to run consistently (on Ps4 anyway) so I've done it once or twice, not really bothered by it because it doesn't even have any gear I need so whats the point? Same as every thing here, once you have the gear you need from a certain vet trial you don't need to run it anymore?

I have no problem with gear chance, when HOTR patch dropped I was excited; I've got 2 DDs and a healer who have had their gear changed, grinded some more for mats and I've golded everything out... again...

I'm just bored. You can't tell me you're happy with 5 trials over how ever long this game has been running? They don't put any effort into it? HOTR had 2 dungeons, I haven't even bought it, I'm not even interested, it's a waste of money.

And you can sit there and tell me you're "satisfied" with this content? You have a low bar of satisfaction my friend.

As I said, I've spent SOOO long on this game, I've loved it, I've been obsessed with it, I've met amazing people through it. Now I just feel like what am I doing? The same content over and over, nothing interested from vet trials so whats the point? Other MMOs had some sort of level creep through the trials and the harder you went > the better the loot which makes people have something to work toward.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how you can say that though to be honest; I'm in several guilds but it is PS4 so maybe the difference is there. I don't PUG trials, I have PS4 Chat / Guild chat to organise the raids but I still feel the playerbase is down, it doesn't seem as easy to find groups for certain dungeons etc... I just don't know how you can not feel like the content is stale.

The same things over and over, halls of fabrication is too hard for most people to run consistently (on Ps4 anyway) so I've done it once or twice, not really bothered by it because it doesn't even have any gear I need so whats the point? Same as every thing here, once you have the gear you need from a certain vet trial you don't need to run it anymore?

I have no problem with gear chance, when HOTR patch dropped I was excited; I've got 2 DDs and a healer who have had their gear changed, grinded some more for mats and I've golded everything out... again...

I'm just bored. You can't tell me you're happy with 5 trials over how ever long this game has been running? They don't put any effort into it? HOTR had 2 dungeons, I haven't even bought it, I'm not even interested, it's a waste of money.

And you can sit there and tell me you're "satisfied" with this content? You have a low bar of satisfaction my friend.

As I said, I've spent SOOO long on this game, I've loved it, I've been obsessed with it, I've met amazing people through it. Now I just feel like what am I doing? The same content over and over, nothing interested from vet trials so whats the point? Other MMOs had some sort of level creep through the trials and the harder you went > the better the loot which makes people have something to work toward.

Yeah I am satisfied with the content, because I love questing. I really look forward to the story/quest dlcs, and the dungeon one - yeah I'll do those too, because they are there. I don't grind for any gear, I don't worry about a few points of damage or mitigation here or there, I just want more questing, interesting NPCs, and a bit of story - and that is what this game delivers. I know I am not alone in feeling like that.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without trying to be rude, get better guilds. If you can't get a trials group from you guild that's your guilds fault not the games. There are plenty of players out there who want to and do run trials on a regular basis you just have to go find them.

If your only reason to play content is to chase the carrot then no you won't have much fun in ESO or any game once you've hit the end. Again that's not the games fault, this is how all MMO's have struggled since the dawn of them (with exceptions for sandbox games) because players will always consume the content faster than the developers can produce it.
    I'm happy with five trials because I've yet to master them all and the quality of them has only got better and better with each one. Yes we had a dry spell last year but this year has been a blitz of new content to play and we have more to come yet.
    Also have you considered maybe you don't have new content because you're not buying it? HOTR are two of the best dungeons I have ever played in ESO, the mechanics and challenge in them is spot on perfect.
    Okay, I have a low bar of satisfaction I guess? I don't know what to tell you. I log in, have a great guild and group of friends and go and do something fun with them. Last night I ran nothing but normal dungeons with friends levelling a tank alt via the group finder XP. It wasn't the fastest, it wasn't the best, but it was fun. I sat on TS and enjoyed the company of my friends and laughed at some of the things we did in the dungeons.
    That's what happens with theme park MMO games. Go take a couple of months off and buy a good single player stories, nothing wrong with taking a step back when you find yourself not having fun. However I as I said before I don't think the game is suffering at all and ZOS are putting out some great content now.

What you're looking for is the never ending carrot gear chase. If you really just want something like that go buy a clicker game that's literally what they are, keep getting better things to get bigger numbers to get better things. Clicker Heroes is even free to play online I believe. :tongue:

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, questing for me becomes preeeeety boring.

I just want end-game content. Sounds like we're different players and if Zos are catering for the casual quest-loving, non challenging, lack-of-mechanical-minded players then that's good for you lot.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a lot easier to script and make dumbed down quests as opposed to creating actual engaging, mechanic, technical, team coordinated trials and thats what they're ducking out of.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Well yeah I guess a break is what I need; you're right. *Installs destiny 2* maybe that will have something better? Who knows.

And when I return, IF i return, they'll probably have the same 5 trials. I've run so much vSO, vAA, vHR that i'm a bit bored of it. Leaderboard scores and all that...

I can't do vMOL as often as I like because of my other commitments but I do find that an interesting trial.

Anyways, I was just throwing this out as being a bit of a devils advocate to see what people felt like because I'm feeling like this and I've always loved ESO.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi guys,

Just a thought really, I've loved this game for years and it's been one of my only games, i've quit here and there for a little while but i've always come back and put the same amount of time/dedication into it.

Howwwwever, I feel like the game is becoming stale; the trials are the same, the playerbase is down anyway which makes it harder to find dedicated teams to run certain trials (vMol, I'm looking at you), the content is slow, the DLC's being released aren't really DLCs and they don't have any new maps or any new quest lines just a couple of dungeons... wow...

I just feel like you're going to lose a lot more players if I can be this dedicated to the game and now feel like I don't have the heart for it anymore. You can do so much more to capture more players and retain your customer base. Why? Why not make more trials? Why not have people working on more dungeons, more quests, more areas? I don't understand.

Anyway, I'm wondering how many people feel like this; how many people have quit recently for other games (Destiny 2, I'm looking at you) because I am very close to quitting and I don't want to.

People will always leave periodically when a new game comes out. Codww2 and battlefront are dropping soon and it'll happen again and repeat.

In terms of new content they actually do pretty well to release all this as frequently as they do. Unless they employ some 50+ more people to create all this extra content it won't happen. They won't employ more people to fill this as average wage for 50 competent developers, artists and writers will bloat the wage bill out by like $3.5m if you give them a half decent wage of iirc the standard is about $70k a year. Then costs go up our end...then there is too much content you WON'T find a group to run the content you want as there is too much choice.

PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want end-game content. Sounds like we're different players and if Zos are catering for the casual quest-loving, non challenging, lack-of-mechanical-minded players then that's good for you lot.
    I think it's a lot easier to script and make dumbed down quests as opposed to creating actual engaging, mechanic, technical, team coordinated trials and thats what they're ducking out of.
    So you are asking for the exact content you're refusing to play. It sounds like the issue here is not ZOS but that you won't play the content they're making which is designed specifically for what you want to be doing.

Edited by Turelus on September 13, 2017 9:04AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a problem in thinking that there are vast numbers of people who want complicated and difficult trials - if Zeni don't provide those, then yeah sure some people will leave. But I think it's a mistake (and possibly an error based on "if I want that, then everyone must want that") to think that the people who generate most income for Zenimax are really that interested in high end trials. I've been paying sub since launch, spend some money on additional crowns, and the only trials I've ever done are nSO and nAA.

I get excited about new quests. I get excited about housing and decorating. I get excited about costumes. I've even been known to get excited about PvP. I get excited occasionally about doing a trial, but there's so much else in the game that I am interested in - I'll keep subbing as long as there is regular story content, maybe in another 3 years when I may have finally done all the existing trials I'll start worrying about where the next one is coming from.

But yeah I can see that the game could get boring if you focus only on one small part of it. (EDIT: Or perhaps to rephrase that as "if there is just one aspect of it that keeps your interest" - I realise the way I phrased it may have come across wrong, I'm leaving what I originally said there though so people can see what I am editing).
    Edited by Epona222 on September 13, 2017 9:08AM

• DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taking an educated guess here that they have already lost between 30 and 40% of players since D2 came out, and they have grossly overestimated the value of the current IC event.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking an educated guess here that they have already lost between 30 and 40% of players since D2 came out, and they have grossly overestimated the value of the current IC event.

Destiny 2? It will be like when the original of that came out, people will take a break for a while and then come back to ESO. I spent a few hours today playing Stardew Valley because I wanted a change of scenery (and I was having internet woes due to inclement weather), it doesn't mean that I have abandoned ESO though, far from it.

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now that's a huge overestimate right here.

Have they LOST 40% of the player base or have 40% just gone out and bought it and played it for a bit and then played this afterwards or another day. Does anyone think it's reasonable for this to be the sole and only game people ever play, I get eso is life for some. ..but srs come on.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this an I quit thread? Can I have your stuff TC? I promise I'll put it to good use!

Also, 30%-40% to D2? Am I part of the select few gamers who can play more than one game at a time? I knew I was gifted!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    So you are asking for the exact content you're refusing to play. It sounds like the issue here is not ZOS but that you won't play the content they're making which is designed specifically for what you want to be doing.

No, I don't feel like that DLC is worth it. I've bought all the other DLCs so don't tell me its the exact content i'm refusing to play; I've played all the trials. I want more trials. I don't want a "DLC" to include just 2 dungeons. Wowww! Aren't we lucky. It's a rip off. If it had 2 dungeons and a new area with questline then that would make more sense. That's another conversation anyway, things that should be added in as a patch release rather than paid for crappy "new content".

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

from what i recall they have release two DLC that are only a few extra dungeons type model and from what i have seen they are quite popular with the folks who routinely do group content.

So, since i don't expect every DLC to be catered to my particular play preferences, i expect there to be the occasional one that is "not for me" and i am fine with it since the other ones are very much "for me".

Their new plan for release over time breakdown seems Ok to me.

Would i want more?!?!?!?

Sure - give us ten times as much, give us a new DLC the size and quality of orsinium each week!!!! No arguments from me on that.

But their new scheme seems more in the realm of reality (can be accomplished) as opposed to the non-specific "do so much more" followed by a listing all the types of content with "more" as prefix.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Still going steady and strong on EU. Every remote area on the game, I see people running around doing their thing. Newbies coming in and vets staying put.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch the decline - it's already happening big time, simple as...and I don't play D at all (console)

I probably should have added that I'm on console, as this game is completely fubbared on console. RIP ESO.
    Edited by DreadKnight on September 13, 2017 9:33AM
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players are not going away, they are just not interested in trials. Face it - in this community trials are a niche and people that play trials a tiny minority. It's just how it is and doesn't need to be changed. Maybe if you are bored with trials you should try something else, there's a whole game out there!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't feel like that DLC is worth it. I've bought all the other DLCs so don't tell me its the exact content i'm refusing to play; I've played all the trials. I want more trials. I don't want a "DLC" to include just 2 dungeons. Wowww! Aren't we lucky. It's a rip off. If it had 2 dungeons and a new area with questline then that would make more sense. That's another conversation anyway, things that should be added in as a patch release rather than paid for crappy "new content".
    You'll get a new mini-trial in two months or so, with whatever the new weapons are which I am sure will be chased to some degree.
    The two dungeons are great gameplay and well worth the money, you said you wanted hard tactical gameplay and they offer exactly that. No cheesy burning and skipping mechanics with most of it.
    From a development point of view it looks like we'll be getting a couple of dungeons and a new trial every year now (assuming they keep the current cycles the same) which is about on par with other MMO games.

You have Halls of Fabrication which you yourself have admitted is really hard to conquer and then complained ZOS aren't making hard content or new trials. You can't say they're not making the content in one post then in another complain it's there and you don't want to play it (well you can but it just seems silly).
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Agreed. Otherwise we would have housing, transmog, battlegrounds, trait change (RNG fix) and other much demanded features coming to or already in the game.
    For playable content if only we got new zones, dungeons, trials every year on the back on those demanded features as well, it's really like ZOS does nothing for this game at all since launch. If only they listened to what we wanted and did it! :smirk:

Okay seriously though, how can you say they're not listening when they're literally announcing the stuff we've been asking for? The only area I think is not getting love right now is Cyrodiil and that's probably just because the PvP teams been working on battlegrounds.
    In before white knight comments

Announcing means nothing has not for years. Jewelry crafted was talked about long before the first DLCs dropped and well where is it? Housing was a giant let down. Yes the first idea was fun and the surge was high but with no storage and low limits to items in house why buy one?

Housing would be worth it if they actually did anything for you. It's a gold and time sunk with no benefits. Battlegrounds leaves a lot to be desired. Premade teams are killing players will to even try it. Was in this a match this week with a few guys across different teams all saying that they were done for a while of few day depending on the guy but the reason was the same.

Fighting the same premade team in TeamSpeak or some chat no doubt. For one it was ten matches in a row all loses. Can you imagine stinking it out for ten matches in a random mode that you can't control fighting a well organized teams while you are in a PuG?

BG don't let you pick your mode I hate Chaos Ball but refuse to just leave a group one man short just cause the mode sucks. I'm sorry but ZoS listens in the laziest way. Rolling out half baked cash grabs with a side of pointless grinding. The value of everything starts crazy high then crashes once people see how crap it is never fails.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players are not going away, they are just not interested in trials. Face it - in this community trials are a niche and people that play trials a tiny minority. It's just how it is and doesn't need to be changed. Maybe if you are bored with trials you should try something else, there's a whole game out there!

I don't agree that people aren't interested in trials full stop, but there does seem to be a turnover of playerbase in terms of people who think of themselves as high-end/endgame people dropping off the radar, but there are plenty of people who have joined or come back to the game since Morrowind was released.

I don't see a 30-40% drop off at all - that may be the case in high end trials guilds, as those most likely to drop out of the game after balance changes are those doing the high end of content and min/maxed having spent a lot of time and/or cash getting gear for a particular setup and then it is nerfed - but the casual trading/social guild that I run is more active now than it was for the few months before Morrowind release, with lots of (really lovely) new or returning players who are very active.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 13, 2017 9:43AM

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After being in the beta and now playing ESO constantly since March '16 I feel like I'm on the brink of leaving.

I truly understand what Turelus is saying, content and features are added on shedule. And yes, I could run the same content over and over again on increased difficulty or grind for that trait that makes my build 0,1% more efficient. But that just does not appeal to me. Call me a casual but I'm more interested in experiencing new quests, lands, content than running Falkreach Hold X times on 3 difficulties. Some call it a challenge, but I call it boring. And for the grind... I used to do this and to an extend I still do, simply because I have to. But chances are good that the trait and set you spend hours or even days to grind for are loosing power next patch.

Yes, that's the way of the MMO. Grind, change, repeate. I understand that. I'm okay with it but it get's boring fast.

So with PvE being out of my mind I spend my days in Cyro. What I really see as an issue there are the blatant misconceptions the devs seem to have on in game balance or how their game get's played. Yes, they did turn the balance screw in the right direction with changes to proc sets. But at the same time they screwed over other aspects or at least they changed/ have developed into directions I just can't agree with.

Perhabs I played too extensively, perhabs it's my screwed view on how balance looks. So maybe it's on me.

To add to the feeling of stale content and "broken" mechanics, the lack of communication, performance issues, bugs, exploits, cheaters, bots and the long overdue implementation of standard features, topped of with an (from a business PoV understandable but for costumers) unpleasant pricing politics and crown crates are all straws that might break the camel's back for me.

I must admit it feels like those basic MMO features like housing, restyling and transmog were intentionally held back just to pad themselves on the back and utter that they listen to player feedback. Where is the housing storage? Where are the guild halls? Why are there crown store only motifs? Why does it all take so long to implement or the rebalance? It took over an enitre year for them to realize and change what they did to sharpened. Just as an example. Why does the power and uniqueness get sucked out of classed and put into champion points and gear sets? Why is PvP a lag fest between zegs and broken mechanics? Why can exploiters and cheaters still go on?

And finally, I feel like the marketing "play how you want" was a simple lie. You can't do that and still be somewhat on par with forced and limited one-resource builds. I came to ESO because I thought I really can play how I want, just like I did in the previous Elder Scrolls titles. But yet another broken mechanic forces me to go full stamina/ full magicka to be somewhat effective. It severely bothers me.

As for now, it's still somewhat okay to play but I feel the call of leaving. I hope this game someday suits my needs and views better. The days I said "what a great day, I can play ESO all day long" are gone.
This discussion has been closed.