The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"CHUDAN'S REVENGE" | High Mobility/Damage/Tanky MagDK PvP Build | UPDATED for Summerset!

Akinos
Akinos
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello and welcome to my Magicka Dragonknight PvP Build for the current update, Summerset.
This build is the very definition of a triple threat. Vampire is optional for this build also. :smile:
Current build for Dragon Bones: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=43404 (I will update this link once Summerset releases and UESP updates the build editor)

Build video for the Summerset update:

Here is some older video featuring the build in different variations:

Any questions or comments? Ask me here or ingame @AkinosPvP

Discuss~

Edited by Akinos on June 7, 2018 12:20AM
PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK OP
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle breaker+Alteration...

Where have I seen that before? Lol

Nice Build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poisons are what really screw over your opponents & I hate the almost permablock that people are getting with sturdy even though that's not what this build is built around.

It's an all around good build without poisons people might have a chance of winning.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    The poisons are what really screw over your opponents & I hate the almost permablock that people are getting with sturdy even though that's not what this build is built around.

It's an all around good build without poisons people might have a chance of winning.

Yup, the damage combined with a instant 45% heal debuff really screws over most people.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I commend any build that features the Mighty Chudan Monster Set; I champion this set as well on my Magicka Templar...

Awesome build!!

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 13, 2017 12:27AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get why people prefer mighty chudan to things op like bloodspawn or skoria.
    Btw nice cheese
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    I dont get why people prefer mighty chudan to things op like bloodspawn or skoria.
    Btw nice cheese

I used to run bloodspawn and skoria and still do sometimes, I just prefer to be a lil bit tankier and get that extra skill slot rather then having to run volatile armor.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw nice cheese

Several reasons:

1) Chudan gives its full benefit at all times no matter what; 8200+ Resistances, 1200+ Max Health ...
    2) Chudan doesn't need to proc to give you its full benefit; those other sets you mention do...
    3) Chudan gives you its full benefit even if you are caught off-guard (if a bombblade appears in the middle of your group or if you are being ganked); those other sets don't...
    4) Chudan frees up a slot for some other beneficial ability...

Just think about it...

;)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video. I love your builds.

I mean no offense, but imo permablocking while being offensive is something i would fix asap. you should only be able to cast defensive spells and snb attacks while blocking. Nice job either way.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: double post
    Edited by Minno on September 13, 2017 3:33PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Y'all are missing the biggest advantage of running Chudan:

With Chudan, you don't have to run around with horrible spikes coming out of your back!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Y'all are missing the biggest advantage of running Chudan:

With Chudan, you don't have to run around with horrible spikes coming out of your back!

What and miss the opportunity to look badass? I love my spikes.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 points in thaum?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 points in thaum?

Yup, not running alot of DoT's and most of a magdk's skills are direct damage.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your builds a lot, though I think Burning Embers seems to good not to run
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw nice cheese

Several reasons:

1) Chudan gives its full benefit at all times no matter what; 8200+ Resistances, 1200+ Max Health ...
    2) Chudan doesn't need to proc to give you its full benefit; those other sets you mention do...
    3) Chudan gives you its full benefit even if you are caught off-guard (if a bombblade appears in the middle of your group or if you are being ganked); those other sets don't...

Just think about it...

;)

Overall good reasons, but i prefer to run 1 chudan 1 pirate skeleton, for mostly the same reasons (minus 4th).

Basically i give up the benefit of always-on ~5000 resistance in exchange for always-on ~2500 resistance that can be further boosted by ~5000 resistance (by casting spiked armor) for even more tankiness. The 4th advantage is not important for me since i use the buff as a tool for uncloaking melee-range NB's.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your builds a lot, though I think Burning Embers seems to good not to run

I use it, i forgot to mention that the spot I use engulfing flames in is also my flex skill spot.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice build. I've never been one to use poisons however
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw nice cheese

Several reasons:

Just think about it...

;)

And if you don't want to farm 5 hour dlc crap like me, pirate/chudan shoulder is basically the same bonus; minus the health and assuming you can score the shoulder from undaunted chests. But you still need to use major resist buff.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Nice build. I've never been one to use poisons however

Thanks, there are way worse poisons that people use, like the cost increase ones, those ones just irritate the hell out of me when I get hit by one.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    In the last part of the video when you were getting double jesus beamed, were you wearing light or heavy armor?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    In the last part of the video when you were getting double jesus beamed, were you wearing light or heavy armor?

I believe I was wearing light. I usually have that on, I really only use heavy when I wanna be a troll and stand in breaches while defending keeps lol. Heavy+dual wield still has pretty good damage though.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice highlights but Magicka DK is tough to run open world with no help. I have been running 5 light shackle breaker sturdy, 5 burning Spell weave and 2 skoria or Blood spawn. Damage is nice. Right now I'm working on my unlikable tank Stam DK that can dish out some decent damage.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really nice work put into this build, Akinos. I really like the use of reverb, surprised me for sure :#
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice highlights but Magicka DK is tough to run open world with no help. I have been running 5 light shackle breaker sturdy, 5 burning Spell weave and 2 skoria or Blood spawn. Damage is nice. Right now I'm working on my unlikable tank Stam DK that can dish out some decent damage.
    True, it's pretty hard out here for a Magicka DK, but we will always find a way to manage :)
    Really nice work put into this build, Akinos. I really like the use of reverb, surprised me for sure :#

Thanks Bee! Since Magicka DK's don't have an execute to finish people quickly, the next best thing is to prevent them from healing for so much.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Btw nice cheese

Several reasons:

Just think about it...

;)

And if you don't want to farm 5 hour dlc crap like me, pirate/chudan shoulder is basically the same bonus; minus the health and assuming you can score the shoulder from undaunted chests. But you still need to use major resist buff.

You know, I actually did a workup on your idea on the Combat and Character Mechanics page...

;)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    0 points in thaum?

Burning talons dot, engulfing flames dot, deep breath dot, burning embers dot, entropy dot, volatile armor dot, flames of oblivion dot...
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice build, I'm putting together a PVP set for my MagDK and going to try a couple different combos, mostly consisting of BSW and Shacklebreaker and will keep yours in mind too.

And yeah I know it's tough to be a MagDK. We're having a rough time in PVE too. Luckily my guild doesn't care, but we're melee and eat up off balance better served for Stam DPS in trials, so I've heard. Haven't done vet trials yet though, and have a Sorc if needed (but I find it boring to play.) MagDK is my favorite though, so I'm sticking with it. Just hoping for some sustain buff at least eventually.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    0 points in thaum?

Burning talons dot, engulfing flames dot, deep breath dot, burning embers dot, entropy dot, volatile armor dot, flames of oblivion dot...

If you look at what impacts their overall DMG, the initial DMG is boosted by direct based buffs (fire staff, master at arms, etc.). But flames of Oblivion is only increased by elemental expert and your max mag/SD (similar to burning light for Templars; it's a proc based and not really a castable spell). Entropy double stacks with dot/fire staff.

But some of these dot abilities are being used for utility and not DMG. And even if you wanted to increase the DOT, don't you want more initial DMG in PvP to increase you quick burst potential?

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    0 points in thaum?

True, DK's do have alot of DoT damage, but DoT's generally aren't what finish people off because you have things like vigor and rally ticks basically nullifying any DoT damage you do as a DK. Even mutagen/rapid regen can outheal a DK's DoT's. Templars can just erase your DoT damage completely. Hence why I don't stack thaumaturge or anything else to buff DoT damage. It's not worth, direct damage is the way to go for Magicka DK.
    Edited by Akinos on September 14, 2017 3:30PM