The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I am disgusted...

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    What's really disgusting is that whine threads like this are allowed to persist for nine pages. Meanwhile I make one small PG-13 joke about a certain ZOS Director and I get suspended from forums for 12 days.

Your last message before today was september 5th. Today's 14th. That's 9 days. So either they've reduced your fine by 3 days, or you're a magician, or you exaggerating.

You should understand that you don't mock people, especially those representing the game. Be it with PG-13 jokes or not. I think the devs (and Matt Firor in particular, given how he's constantly targeted with "No-ETA" "jokes") have a pretty good tolerance for jokes aimed at them and a healthy level of self-mockery.

Sorry, I made a typo. I meant nine days. My suspension ended on the 12th, so that's where the 12 came from. Wasn't intentionally exaggerating. Thanks for the internet warrior deep research on my claims. I just find it ironic that I see users constantly belittled and mocked for their opinions on these forums, but as long as those belittling are following a certain "narrative", they are left unimpeded.

P.S. Pretty good tolerance for jokes aimed at them? Come back to reality. "Tolerance" isn't suspending someone who makes a joke about them.

I would just let it go. That's how internet forum moderation typically is. They are subjectively enforced based on the whims and interpretations of moderators. There is no consistent standard that applies - so you are wasting your time attempting to make sense of it.

The basic rule here is they can remove your posts or suspend you from their forums for what ever reason they want when ever they want. It doesn't have to be a good reason or a fair reason. But I can understand why you'd want to vent since you feel you were treated unfairly. But it's probably useless and will likely just lead to more annoyances on your end.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 14, 2017 9:42PM
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: Light Attacking with a bow and calling it dps is infuriating & ineffective. Don't join dungeons and do that. You are not a dps, you're just an ass.

Sincerely,

A bitter tank
    Edited by LadyLavina on September 14, 2017 10:00PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Currently ESO's main group finder issue is that you get paired with people almost every time who don't even perform their role.

I know you play on PS4, @Vaoh , and maybe things are different there, but really, on PC/EU, most PUG runs are just fine (not perfect, but fine, dungeon finished in under 30-40 minutes, no conflicts, nice people).

I would just like to remember and remind that we've had no working grouping tool for more than two years. It wasn't working at all and noone was using it in 2015-16. (Whether noone was using it because it wasn't working, or the other way around, remains open, but it's not the issue here).

Yet everyone was running dungeons all the time, forming groups in guilds or PUGs in /zone.

Did anyone complain then than PUGs were that bad and that players were horrible ? No. Or at least, not to the extent people are complaining NOW.

Okay, back then things were different :
    - it was prior to the big stream of new players brought by One Tamriel and Morrowind ;
    - it was when dungeons were tiered and progression an objective factor in the game ;
    - it was when Craglorn was actually difficult and a true "high-level zone" where you could learn.

But still...
    Because there was no (working) grouping tool, people were forced towards guilds. Or they were forced to join or form /zone PUGs. And because you were grouped as humans by humans, you were actually more careful about playing your role properly. You had a reputation to take care of, and a "sense of responsibility" as mentioned by @Dantaria . And it worked.

I just think we're expecting too much from the machine, the game's systems, or any automated grouping system. It all works better when it is player-driven. Just like no tutorial, forced or optional, will ever be better than a group of good-willed people teaching someone willing to learn.

I see what you mean. Unfortunately those three factors you mention are quite huge factors which create a completely different environment when taken together and evolve differently overtime. That "sense of responsibility" to actually be capable for the sake of your group is not nearly as common as you'd think (at least from the tons of PUGs I've joined). This is why I can't help but believe a tutorial is a good idea.... even if not a forced tutorial it can be still be there for those who would play through it and for players to yell at you to complete if you're clearly unfit to fight anything besides Red Rooks in Glenumbra :neutral:

Last week I used group finder to complete my pledges as I usually do. Vet Banished Cells II was chosen. When I joined, there were only three people (including myself) and I could immediately tell why this was the case:
    - The Tank was a CP193 with 34K health, mismatched armor (had no 5 armor-piece passives), 1H/S, and an inferno staff. He was marked with a Tank/DPS role indicator
    - The DPS was a CP234 or CP238 with 30K health, a Maul, and an inferno staff. He was marked with a DPS/Healer role symbol.
    - They had reached Maw of the Infernal, and stood close by where the door opens up after you kill the boss+push the switches, which is an odd spot to stand

The story essentially went like this - no one showed up (well, one guy did but dropped quickly) and I pretty much soloed the dungeon as my allies light attacked everything in sight. I tanked, DPSed, and Healed the dungeon. Had I wanted to solo this dungeon I wouldn't have bothered with group finder! You can imagine how fun it is to wait out a deserter penalty when this stuff happens on Ruins of Mazzatun .....
    Edited by Vaoh on September 14, 2017 10:13PM
  • Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    i don't usually do random groups I prefer to bring my dodge roll build in with my guild mates and let them enjoy that 9k dps by simply rolling and talons. I don't do bosses prefer to just sit in the corner and either play the lute or offer emotes of encouragement. I also run a lot of dungeons naked(trying to promote my new 200 dps boxing build for vet maw). For some reason I usually have to tank everything:)
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a really fun moment once while solo-queing as a tank, and I had to do most of the damage and healing, at least for one boss... This is on my second tank character who is a Dragonknight 1H+S combo, and no second set even though he was like level 20-something (Hadn't decided on what to do with his second set quite yet at that moment)... Anyways...

I had a damage dealer who was good, and a healer who was drunk in real life grouped with her friend who was the other damage dealer, he too was drunk... Or so they say. (They actually ended up leaving at the final boss fight due to the healer puking all over her keyboard). Anyways, the two of them made this dungeon hell to play through especially at one point... We were doing Waywest Sewers II, I believe, and the Lich fight in that was just super amazing with this group... Our good DPS is a pure DPS so he can die in like two hits against bosses, while the other two were nearly useless...

Long story short, I did most of the fight alone while everyone else was dead, or being resurrected and then killed immediately afterwards due to the massive amounts of wraiths I couldn't kill fast (was able to kill a few them and rotate between them and the Lich boss though).. Let's just say, I wasn't happy at all but was thanked for carrying the team and I took the lead from there, doing most of the work until the final fight where those two drunkards left and we got cp350+ replacements who then proceed to just destroy the final two bosses with me finally able to relax for the first time in the dungeon...

Like seriously, wth? Why would you play a game drunk? Especially an online multiplayer game?

On this subject of dungeons, in Veteran dungeons... Can we please make the pledge thing a group vote? I hate being forced into them, especially when I am just playing for experience and ESPECIALLY with a team who can't actually handle it... (Best way to know is keep track of your teams DPS, deaths, etc throughout the dungeon). I really hate having my time wasted because of the healer getting one shotted, the DPS not rezing them and then they die, and finally me... It is just a waste of time and if I don't trust the team anymore, I literally just leave cause I don't like dealing with it...

Having some sort of vote system with that thing would be amazingly nice...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whew, dodged a bullet there, though this was about me and my 5k dps.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    I had a really fun moment once while solo-queing as a tank, and I had to do most of the damage and healing, at least for one boss... This is on my second tank character who is a Dragonknight 1H+S combo, and no second set even though he was like level 20-something (Hadn't decided on what to do with his second set quite yet at that moment)... Anyways...

I had a damage dealer who was good, and a healer who was drunk in real life grouped with her friend who was the other damage dealer, he too was drunk... Or so they say. (They actually ended up leaving at the final boss fight due to the healer puking all over her keyboard). Anyways, the two of them made this dungeon hell to play through especially at one point... We were doing Waywest Sewers II, I believe, and the Lich fight in that was just super amazing with this group... Our good DPS is a pure DPS so he can die in like two hits against bosses, while the other two were nearly useless...

Long story short, I did most of the fight alone while everyone else was dead, or being resurrected and then killed immediately afterwards due to the massive amounts of wraiths I couldn't kill fast (was able to kill a few them and rotate between them and the Lich boss though).. Let's just say, I wasn't happy at all but was thanked for carrying the team and I took the lead from there, doing most of the work until the final fight where those two drunkards left and we got cp350+ replacements who then proceed to just destroy the final two bosses with me finally able to relax for the first time in the dungeon...

Like seriously, wth? Why would you play a game drunk? Especially an online multiplayer game?

On this subject of dungeons, in Veteran dungeons... Can we please make the pledge thing a group vote? I hate being forced into them, especially when I am just playing for experience and ESPECIALLY with a team who can't actually handle it... (Best way to know is keep track of your teams DPS, deaths, etc throughout the dungeon). I really hate having my time wasted because of the healer getting one shotted, the DPS not rezing them and then they die, and finally me... It is just a waste of time and if I don't trust the team anymore, I literally just leave cause I don't like dealing with it...

I've played many a game, including this one... pretty f'd up... My first HoF (norma) clear was with a guild "pug", where 10 out of the 12 were pretty inebriated to say the least...
  • houjo2000b16_ESO
    houjo2000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the better question is- how can you do MMO LFG without being drunk?
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »

Some play better when drunk, at least I do. Although there is a difference between being tipsy or half-drunk or being totally blasted.

Edited by Flameheart on September 15, 2017 7:03AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with playing with the head a little above the cloud. Some of my best Cyrodiil nights were just that way.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.