The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved.  Thank you for your patience!
Update 16 featuring the Clockwork City DLC Game Pack are now available on the PTS!  You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371878/

I am disgusted...

Vimora
Vimora
✭✭✭
Ok, I'm literally disgusted. How come so many people have the nerve to queue for dungeons when they do ZERO dps??? I'm not talking about tanks or healers, I'm talking about people who sign up for dps roles. They have zero respect for other people's time. They just wanna be carried. I can't stress this enough.

What happens when a healer can't heal? They get kicked. What happens when a tank can't tank? They get kicked. But what happens when both dps suck big time? An insanely long and tedious run that fails at the very end because they can't finish last boss. You can't kick them because 1) you don't know which one to kick, 2) they don't kick each other.

So what's the solution? Ragequit every dungeon right off the bat, when you see both dps suck? I could literally quit 60-70% of the runs these days if I do that and waste all my playtime waiting on CD.

Don't blame me for this rant. It's been a long time coming.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's normal, then I wouldn't complain. I can more than carry the other dps in a normal dungeon, as I've soloed a lot of em. Vet, however, if the person refuses to do more than spam heavy attacks, I need to leave.
    "If you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf."

@Starry-Wolf PC NA

Star-Sïnger - Argonian Magicka Sorc - EP
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - EP
    Asala-Atashi - Argonian Magicka Dragonknight - EP
    Dawns-at-Dusk - Argonian Magicka Warden - EP

ESOteric Knowledge
    Fabricated Nightmares
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    [
    Vimora wrote: »
    Ok, I'm literally disgusted. How come so many people have the nerve to queue for dungeons when they do ZERO dps??? I'm not talking about tanks or healers, I'm talking about people who sign up for dps roles. They have zero respect for other people's time. They just wanna be carried. I can't stress this enough.

What happens when a healer can't heal? They get kicked. What happens when a tank can't tank? They get kicked. But what happens when both dps suck big time? An insanely long and tedious run that fails at the very end because they can't finish last boss. You can't kick them because 1) you don't know which one to kick, 2) they don't kick each other.

So what's the solution? Ragequit every dungeon right off the bat, when you see both dps suck? I could literally quit 60-70% of the runs these days if I do that and waste all my playtime waiting on CD.

You literally felt nauseated or repulsed by somebody with low DPS?!
    A bit extreme don't you think?
    Everyone has low DPS at the beginning. Its new players coming in every week (with their low DSP) that keeps this game alive.

In the beginning? You realize that many of the players in question are cp300+, right?
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    Tbh I don't think they know, when I started for the longest time I played without a meter and with whatever was cool looking, stats were meaningless to me and I wore a full health set of heavy armour on my sorcerer, then I read about light armour passives, preferable stats, best sets and average dps, realised my dps was awful and copied a build and tripled if not quadrupled my output purely with swapping skills, attributes and using food to replace low stats.
    I think that dps group meters should come back never saw a problem in world of warcraft with them in the 4 years I played, outside players saying "wow your dps is ***" to people.
    It is the problem with being so open to customization, in wow my mage couldn't wear heavy armour they wore gear with stats for my spec the same as all classes.

You have a good point. Unfortunately, this just augments the problem. Who would want to kick a noob just because they are trying to learn the ropes? That'd be aweful.

However, the situation is still very unpleasant. When I started playing, I leveled up my first character in a few days just doing dungeons. It was a healing templar for quick queuing and easy gameplay. Most groups were fine, that's why I could level up so fast. But today? Most groups, and I mean the vast majority of them, can't dps. They all fail on dps. You know for a fact that if you don't quit, you won't be able to finish endboss and you'll have just wasted an hour. And yet somehow you still stick around and end up feeling bitter and make posts like this to blow off steam.
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    [

You literally felt nauseated or repulsed by somebody with low DPS?!
    A bit extreme don't you think?
    Everyone has low DPS at the beginning. Its new players coming in every week (with their low DSP) that keeps this game alive.

"Literally" is the most abused word, I know. So I don't use it lightly. Yes, I do feel like I'm gonna throw up when this happens each and every day and, sometimes, 5 times in a row over a span of 3 hours. And you keep going on, cuz you think it's impossible your bad luck never breaks and it never does...
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this through group finder?

Should players be rated somehow and then put together based on the rating? Like 3 good rates and 1 bad one for example? Should you be able to determine the lowest rated players you will group with (This will of course make the wait longer).

Should rating determine what dungeons you can queue for in group finder? For example you must complete X dungeons at Y difficulty in order to qualify to run Z dungeon. Different dungeons could be rated differently. From easiest to hardest...

This of course does not stop people from forming their own groups and going into whatever dungeon they want, whenever they want.

If you start rating players internally within the system what would you rate them on?
    DPS Overall
    DPS Boss only
    Healers HPS overall
    Healers HPS Boss only
    Tank, How do you mathematically rate a tank?

Should only DPS have ratings? So if I queue as DPS I am now in a rated queue. What is to stop people from doing what they do now and that is queue as a tank or healer?

Maybe we make the player with that character determine what they are going to queue as and lock them to that for 24 hours. This of course back fires if they choose a healer and they are DPS.

I understand it is frustrating. I have been there many times myself with players that are very clueless and refuse to interact with the group and take suggestions on Boss fights.

Just seems if we start to put systems like this in place it would make it worse not better?
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be cool if there was a uber PUG level? One that you had to pass a test to access?
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭
    @auronessb16_ESO I think your experience was unlucky. The majority of players online are very friendly. You should give this content another try. Also, guilds can be great places where players of all experience levels can do content together without the aggressive reactions that can sometimes be found in PUGs
    I'll play the game my way and you play it your way!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Literally" is the most abused word, I know. So I don't use it lightly. Yes, I do feel like I'm gonna throw up when this happens each and every day and, sometimes, 5 times in a row over a span of 3 hours. And you keep going on, cuz you think it's impossible your bad luck never breaks and it never does...

Why on Nirn do people who complain about PUGs all the time keep on PUGging ? Up to the point that it makes them feel sick ? That's literally beyond me...

Because finding 3 guildies of the right roles that are both free and interested often isn't possible, and a fair amount of the content has fixed mechanics that prevent it from being soloed. Also, support roles, who seem to have this issue the most (a good dps can carry 3 warm bodies just fine), aren't set up well to solo anyway. It'd be one thing if people were getting stuck with a very slow group, you can deal with that. But these are players entirely incapable of completing the content.

Then the answer is not complaining about PUGs and set expectations upon others, it's to socialize more, get more friends, join more guilds, or more populated guilds. I can understand it's sometimes hard to set up 12 people for a vet trial, but for a 4-man dungeon ? Come on. You have 100 friends' slots and 5x500 guildies' slots. That's 2600 people to potentially choose from at any given time. More than you'll ever need. People who treat other people as people and not as objects have no problems with that.

Don't expect other people via the group finder to fulfill instantly your every wish. If you want to run a dungeon but can't because of lack of available people, postponing that activity until later is also an option.

(Pls note that "you" and "your" in the above paragraphs are meant generically, not you personally).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 8, 2017 12:48PM
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why on Nirn do people who complain about PUGs all the time keep on PUGging ? Up to the point that it makes them feel sick ? That's literally beyond me...

Because finding 3 guildies of the right roles that are both free and interested often isn't possible, and a fair amount of the content has fixed mechanics that prevent it from being soloed. Also, support roles, who seem to have this issue the most (a good dps can carry 3 warm bodies just fine), aren't set up well to solo anyway. It'd be one thing if people were getting stuck with a very slow group, you can deal with that. But these are players entirely incapable of completing the content.

Then the answer is not complaining about PUGs and set expectations upon others, it's to socialize more, get more friends, join more guilds, or more populated guilds. I can understand it's sometimes hard to set up 12 people for a vet trial, but for a 4-man dungeon ? Come on. You have 100 friends' slots and 5x500 guildies' slots. That's 2600 people to potentially choose from at any given time. More than you'll ever need. People who treat other people as people and not as objects have no problems with that.

Don't expect other people via the group finder to fulfill instantly your every wish. If you want to run a dungeon but can't because of lack of available people, postponing that activity until later is also an option.

(Pls note that "you" and "your" in the above paragraphs are meant generically, not you personally).

While you expect people to go your speed.
    Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on September 8, 2017 12:51PM