The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Common Sense Counterplay

SlowMetabolism
SlowMetabolism
✭✭✭
The lack of counter-play in ESO is astonishing.

Who thought it was a good idea to make an ability undodgeable? The warden bird is an instant cast so what was the reason behind making something spammable and giving it no counter. That would be the equivalent of a sorc thats able to spam instant cast undodgeable frags. Then, when you are attempting to run, get to LOS or out of range of the bird spam it is doing even more damage to you... Wut?

Soul assault's base cost is 100 ultimate and it does crazy damage. Used to be bashable which, unfortunately for the average user, forced them to actually have to think about when they used it. Now no matter the situation it doesn't even need to be thought about. I'm not asking for the ability to be made unusable but at the very least give it back its counter so that the next time someone uses it point blank in my face I can give them a swift and furious bash.

Destro ult is pretty self explanatory. If its going to do that much damage its AoE needs to be reduced. Simple.

Already a thread for resto ult lmao

PS. The thought process of the people who are implementing these OP abilities and buffs every patch shouldn't be "oh well the counter is to sit and block the ability." while simultaneously doubling the cost of blocking. I'm not trying to make abilities useless just not OP to the point where the are must haves on everyone's bar and a means of an almost guaranteed kill every 100 ultimate.

Every other class specific/defining sustain abilities were nerfed excluding Dark Deal. I'm all for having to build specifically in order to sustain at the cost of damage but why leave them untouched? Now they are the only class able to still spec into straight damage *while having virtually no problem sustaining*. I seriously think its a running joke among the devs to not even touch sorcerer class in a negative way. (unless its to give another undodgeable ability a buff *cough* Haunting Curse *cough*) Sure dark deal is bashable so there is a "counter" to it, but, even the worst stam sorc who is streaking or running 100 mph with hurricane etc. will make it nearly impossible to bash and impossible to bash consistently. Not to mention patches ago someone thought it would be good to reduce the timer of the channel giving you even less time to counter it.

People will complain about others who call for nerfs even if the majority of players see that there is a clear flaw with an ability. "stop nerfing how about buffing all of the other abilities instead on nerfing one." Thats basicaly what they will say. The problem with that argument is that if the devs did do that, then we would play in a game where every AoE can wipe zergs, every single target ult can instantly kill a player, Every heal would be instant and as strong as BoL. In my opinion that would be rather unenjoyable.

Side note: My boy Rob Channels says he will pay crowns if you implement a trait change token in the crown store cause "I dont mess with that PvE grind"
Day one Xbox player
  • AlphaWolf
    AlphaWolf
    Soul Shriven
    #BuffSoulAssault2017
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES GOD YES.

A few unnamed honorable mentions:
    Bird.
    Heavy attacks
    Streak's counter not meaning anything until the user has crossed the border and started a new life in mexico.
    Talons into insta fossilize. (The 2s should immunity should affect all CCs. but the 6s only hard CCs)
    Skoria could have an indicator.
    Eternal hunt ignoring CC immunity.
    Heights. (Chains/portal should pull people from heights, nbs/sorcs can use streak/image for heights)

And a counter shouldn't be: Base your entire build/class choice around it. I shouldn't have to ditch med armour and become a tank to stop soul assault, nor have to spec into oblivion damage to get through shields.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of counter-play in ESO is astonishing.

Who thought it was a good idea to make an ability undodgeable? The warden bird is an instant cast so what was the reason behind making something spammable and giving it no counter. That would be the equivalent of a sorc thats able to spam instant cast undodgeable frags. Then, when you are attempting to run, get to LOS or out of range of the bird spam it is doing even more damage to you... Wut?

Soul assault's base cost is 100 ultimate and it does crazy damage. Used to be bashable which, unfortunately for the average user, forced them to actually have to think about when they used it. Now no matter the situation it doesn't even need to be thought about. I'm not asking for the ability to be made unusable but at the very least give it back its counter so that the next time someone uses it point blank in my face I can give them a swift and furious bash.

Destro ult is pretty self explanatory. If its going to do that much damage its AoE needs to be reduced. Simple.

Already a thread for resto ult lmao

PS. The thought process of the people who are implementing these OP abilities and buffs every patch shouldn't be "oh well the counter is to sit and block the ability." while simultaneously doubling the cost of blocking. I'm not trying to make abilities useless just not OP to the point where the are must haves on everyone's bar and a means of an almost guaranteed kill every 100 ultimate.

Every other class specific/defining sustain abilities were nerfed excluding Dark Deal. I'm all for having to build specifically in order to sustain at the cost of damage but why leave them untouched? Now they are the only class able to still spec into straight damage *while having virtually no problem sustaining*. I seriously think its a running joke among the devs to not even touch sorcerer class in a negative way. (unless its to give another undodgeable ability a buff *cough* Haunting Curse *cough*) Sure dark deal is bashable so there is a "counter" to it, but, even the worst stam sorc who is streaking or running 100 mph with hurricane etc. will make it nearly impossible to bash and impossible to bash consistently. Not to mention patches ago someone thought it would be good to reduce the timer of the channel giving you even less time to counter it.

People will complain about others who call for nerfs even if the majority of players see that there is a clear flaw with an ability. "stop nerfing how about buffing all of the other abilities instead on nerfing one." Thats basicaly what they will say. The problem with that argument is that if the devs did do that, then we would play in a game where every AoE can wipe zergs, every single target ult can instantly kill a player, Every heal would be instant and as strong as BoL. In my opinion that would be rather unenjoyable.

Side note: My boy Rob Channels says he will pay crowns if you implement a trait change token in the crown store cause "I dont mess with that PvE grind"

Word