Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Zenimax, please have a look at this nearly unkillable stamina block build

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at this magplar video by the same player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSCVrUFrp0

It looks like he has around 50k magic. I have never seen stats even close to this for a magplar.

Im the last person to call exploits because it is on console. But how is he the only person in the game that can pull off those kind of stats?

Getting to 50K is easy these days for every class, thanks to Mage mundus and Shadowrend+Necro build. Note that he has Inner Light and Entropy on the same bar, which gives like 9% increased Max Magicka.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    [
    Is it possible to get close to the builds in this video in non cp?

They will protect their builds more than a parent would protect their newborn child, don´t expect it anytime soon.

It's too late. Everybody and their grandmas know this is seventh legion + malubeth + werewolf hide.

Hmm, might be true, even though these people will still deny that they´re using that setup. Also heard that there´re are some sort of 7th Legion "exloit"/bug where you can have the 5th piece bonus a while only wearing 4 pieces. Not sure how it´s done though. My guess is that there´s some unique item out there that´s bugged or something.....
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina block builds eh? I have more issues in 1 v 1 situations with s/b magicka dks who perma block and are on point with their hard ccs and talons. I'm pretty sure they hard counter my stamplar's 2h/bow set up. No cc that goes through block either so it's a really slow painful death unless I run for it.
    Edited by Mazbt on September 11, 2017 8:46PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    [

They will protect their builds more than a parent would protect their newborn child, don´t expect it anytime soon.

It's too late. Everybody and their grandmas know this is seventh legion + malubeth + werewolf hide.

Hmm, might be true, even though these people will still deny that they´re using that setup. Also heard that there´re are some sort of 7th Legion "exloit"/bug where you can have the 5th piece bonus a while only wearing 4 pieces. Not sure how it´s done though. My guess is that there´s some unique item out there that´s bugged or something.....

You don't need any buggy stuff to make it work, It's all about stacking reduce block cost via CP + sturdy etc. and sustaining with battle roar while lingering health + Malubeth (same Major Vitality buff yes, but more uptime) + draconic power passive from Volatile Armor (%12 healing recieved) do the healing.

For Shuffle not being used and Forward Momentum instead of Rally: who needs shuffle when the snare immunity it grants is based on medium armor pieces you wear (0.5 seconds for each piece, Forward Momentum granting a flat 8 seconds at Rank IV) + major evasion being counterproductive with all 3 sets that require you to take damage ?
    Edited by RazorCaltrops on September 12, 2017 4:55PM
    PS4 EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I permablock on my Magden.

It's actually really easy to do, in CP.

My build has the maths, and @paulsimonps has all the equations on his threads.

Fury + Permablock is great against a high number of unorganized players. They maximize the up time without applying any real pressure.

Here's a clue, a bleed build would eat this build in a second

If this is "so easy" where are your 1vx videos?

Look at my guides etc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it's best to just ignore these stam builds. Walk around them and get on with playing the game.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

You don't need any buggy stuff to make it work, It's all about stacking reduce block cost via CP + sturdy etc. and sustaining with battle roar while lingering health + Malubeth (same Major Vitality buff yes, but more uptime) + draconic power passive from Volatile Armor (%12 healing recieved) do the healing.

For Shuffle not being used and Forward Momentum instead of Rally: who needs shuffle when the snare immunity it grants is based on medium armor pieces you wear (0.5 seconds for each piece, Forward Momentum granting a flat 8 seconds at Rank IV) + major evasion being counterproductive with all 3 sets that require you to take damage ?

I much prefer forward momentum. But damn no rally is crazy to me lol. I know with all the heal buffs and the like it's not really needed but still yikes.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this build was relying on the Befoul bug (and I suspect it was), it's been nerfed pretty hard since the recent patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370893/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-1-8#latest
    Champion System
    Befoul: Fixed an issue where this passive would increase the effects of healing bonuses.

This was especially effective considering Befoul scales so well in comparison to other stars such as Blessed and Quick Recovery.
    Edited by Morbash on September 12, 2017 11:45PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quite literally ran into one in the sewers. PC NA. He was a DC ganking in the AD side. He basically pestered a group of five of us and picked off one person who wanted to fight him. It's a good build- but completely ignorable. I was on my mDK Argonian saptank... so he couldn't hurt me, either. We ended up just leaving him to gank other PUGs.

I wish we had a bleed build to test out @Waffennacht 's claim. Sorry, bud. I'll try to arrange it next time.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Quite literally ran into one in the sewers. PC NA. He was a DC ganking in the AD side. He basically pestered a group of five of us and picked off one person who wanted to fight him. It's a good build- but completely ignorable. I was on my mDK Argonian saptank... so he couldn't hurt me, either. We ended up just leaving him to gank other PUGs.

I wish we had a bleed build to test out @Waffennacht 's claim. Sorry, bud. I'll try to arrange it next time.

Yeah, let's see, the best one I faced was DW + 2H axes, each death recap had 7k DMG from the axe bleed alone.

It's a whole lot of pressure to heal the bleed while also blocking damage and casting. It's a night and day difference between a non bleed build and a bleed build
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Look at this magplar video by the same player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSCVrUFrp0

It looks like he has around 50k magic. I have never seen stats even close to this for a magplar.

Im the last person to call exploits because it is on console. But how is he the only person in the game that can pull off those kind of stats?

emperor bonus maybe but on second thought nevermind I seen who it was in the video and wouldn't doubt if there might be an exploit happening said player was banned before is what I heard for people saying they was exploiting but was unbanned according to their youtube

This player admitted on stream he exploited multiple mundus and multiple 5 pc set bugs. I heard him say it.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letho2469 wrote: »
    Hey, I am posting this although I can imagine that many players already know of it's existence, yet only few know how to do it. Furthermore this post is directed to the developer, as a hint to a possible problem and not intended to be a cry/rage thread. The recent changes to blocking (reducing it to 0.25s)clearly indicate, that Zenimax does not want people to be unkillable via perma blocking or tanking entire zergs, which is the only reason why I created this post.

Please have a look at those two videos:

things get interesting @:0:34
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3n4F1O6Jy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45YLm720oKo

To the guys who created them: thanks for not sharing those builds, they would CLEARLY ruin the game if becoming meta.

As both videos prove, it is still easily possible to outtank whole zergs and dish out heavy damage afterwards. Those kind of builds simply destroy pvp, as they are ridiculously overpowered by doing something that the developer, as stated above, probably does not want people to do.

Also heavy armor magicka templars are still close to being unkillable in pvp, despite the recent nerfs.

Please have a look at it and adjust mechanics accordingly.

I dont get why pepole take examples from Console platforms...
    Most of the players there have no clue what they are doing.
    Stam DK got rekt this patch, stop this non-sense T_T

I agree that sturdy need a slight nerf, but the thing is, all this players didnt use a single CC on the dk, so ya, ez to tank.
    Edited by amir412 on September 13, 2017 9:48AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Hey, I am posting this although I can imagine that many players already know of it's existence, yet only few know how to do it. Furthermore this post is directed to the developer, as a hint to a possible problem and not intended to be a cry/rage thread. The recent changes to blocking (reducing it to 0.25s)clearly indicate, that Zenimax does not want people to be unkillable via perma blocking or tanking entire zergs, which is the only reason why I created this post.

To the guys who created them: thanks for not sharing those builds, they would CLEARLY ruin the game if becoming meta.

As both videos prove, it is still easily possible to outtank whole zergs and dish out heavy damage afterwards. Those kind of builds simply destroy pvp, as they are ridiculously overpowered by doing something that the developer, as stated above, probably does not want people to do.

Also heavy armor magicka templars are still close to being unkillable in pvp, despite the recent nerfs.

I agree that sturdy need a slight nerf, but the thing is, all this players didnt use a single CC on the dk, so ya, ez to tank.

Well that's the point of these videos. Regardless of platform, it's all potatoes and you can't think about doing it against even half-decent players.

Console argument is so 2015.
    PS4 EU
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play PC but TBH with the amount of crap like Miats and the like. I don't get how anyone can try and shite talk console when there's this kinda crap going around...
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You watch him eat a tri food after it is traded to him then his front bar magic go from 47k to 48k.

Or you know, Mage light plus Mages Guild passives.

For people wondering about the stats, my magplar has 35k magicka with only 1 max magicka bonus in purple glyphs.

Try shackle breaker and a set with 1 or 2 max magicka bonuses and I'm sure you can build a heavy mag class with ~45k magicka.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    You watch him eat a tri food after it is traded to him then his front bar magic go from 47k to 48k.

Or you know, Mage light plus Mages Guild passives.

For people wondering about the stats, my magplar has 35k magicka with only 1 max magicka bonus in purple glyphs.

Try shackle breaker and a set with 1 or 2 max magicka bonuses and I'm sure you can build a heavy mag class with ~45k magicka.

My mag sorc in shackle/ amber only has 35k. No mages or undaunted passives though. Still not sure why its so low but i do fine.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What would be a good magicka counter to the permablockers? I see that bleed builds can burn through them. Someone earlier suggested the Destro Ultimate- but I'm not sure how that will compare.

Perhaps 5 Elf Bane, 5 Silks of the Sun, 2 Grothgarr/Valkyn?

Edit: The reason I'm saying Elf Bane (I know it's not as poplar) is because it adds two seconds onto the Destro Ultimate... which is being buffed by Silks.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on September 14, 2017 2:03AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be a good magicka counter to the permablockers? I see that bleed builds can burn through them. Someone earlier suggested the Destro Ultimate- but I'm not sure how that will compare.

Perhaps 5 Elf Bane, 5 Silks of the Sun, 2 Grothgarr/Valkyn?

Edit: The reason I'm saying Elf Bane (I know it's not as poplar) is because it adds two seconds onto the Destro Ultimate... which is being buffed by Silks.

For magic really just stack dots if you have em and use your classes stun that goes through block, and use an infused staff sword with oblivion damage.

Even though the bleeds do work. It's not like they instantly die. It's just more effective.

There really is not much counter to someone who's entire goal is to be tanky. If that's their modus operandi and they are not fighting back devoting all resources to tanking then I mean nothing you can really do 1v1 on any build and then add in Los and the like and they have to be terrible to die to anyone. They should be able to last a good while against 3 players.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mag sorc in shackle/ amber only has 35k. No mages or undaunted passives though. Still not sure why its so low but i do fine.

Ya this is really low. Like I said my Magplar hits 35k with only 1 max magicka bonus in all purple gear.

Things to consider:

Gold glyphs nets an extra 2kish
    Max CP
    Undaunted could be another 2-3k
    Racial Passives
    Mage Light/Mage guild passives
    Food buffs

Shacklebreaker with only 1 other max Magicka bonus should net you around 38k assuming max cp and all passives except racial passives.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=26849
    This build gets 40k max magicka in all gold and it's imperial. 35k is really low. Not sure why you're only there. Hopefully this helps.
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭

Well that's the point of these videos. Regardless of platform, it's all potatoes and you can't think about doing it against even half-decent players.

Console argument is so 2015.

And I thought I was the only one that noticed it.

I don't PvP and I do not have experience with it but looking at first video from 0:34, almost no one is attacking him, even whole group run past him(I was also in the middle of AD zerg in 7medium while grinding for vigor, should I also post it? suprise they all ignored me, due to glorious lag that is while close to 100 of people are at keep).
    I don't get it, looking at couple of PvP montages from couple of games, most of the time enemy is bad not the youtuber is super good.
    There are exceptions of course but most of the time its potato vs non potato
    Edited by Dexter411 on September 16, 2017 6:29PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Asmael wrote: »
    Sturdy, CP campaign with investment in Shadow ward, stack up block cost reduction glyphs, use sets to compensate for missing weapon damage, use either Malubeth or Bloodspawn. the 5p sets matter a bit, but they are flexible.

Stam DKs happen to be good with Battle roar / helping hands since they return stamina while blocking - same for stam wardens to an extent, but any class can permablock with ease.

Difference would be that a magicka DK can permablock AND kill people at the same time a lot easier since Morrowind.

It takes literally 5mn to learn how to make this kind of build. Do your theorycrafting people.

I have done it and minimum blocking cost, calculated the way you suggested, would be ~400 (dont have the actual numbers). 400 every .25 seconds is 1600 per second. In no way can you sustain block that way, even not as a dk.

you have the wrong calculation method, you can reduce block cost to 82 every .25 second making it easy to sustain with helping Hands
    I think @Asmael made a post where he Shows how cost reduction works

Where do ppl get this formula? Because the official one, posted a year ago, is totally different :open_mouth: (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/265399/detailed-explanation-of-block-cost-changes)

skills being additive with glyphs being applied before skills and stury there is no way to get it that low - so question is, which formula is the correct one?

((2160*cp)-glyphs)*(additive skills))*sturdy
    OR some nicer format:
    (2160 * (1-shadow ward) - enchant cost reduction) * (1-sturdy) * (1-every other buff)

Asmael uses a formula that has been posted by Woeler (can't find it anymore on his website):
    ( 2160 ( 1 - Shadow Ward ) ( 1 - Sturdy ) ( 1 - passives ) - enchants ) ( 1 - abilities )

If enchant cost is applied in the end, then of course you can reduce your block costs to a ridiculous amount, but I hardly doubt that formula is correct! Actually there is only one option here: Test it yourself, but I am too poor to gold out 7 sturdy items, so if somebody could test it, it would be great!

= (2160*0.75)-60
    = 1011 * skillsandpassives*sturdy (with skills being fortress[36%],bracing[20%],Def stance [8%] - you could add another 10% for dk, but let's keep it general)
    = 1011 * 0.46 * 32
    = 316

(...)
    Sure, sufficient dots + heal reduce wreck this build, but what solo players meet that condition? It's just the same point as sorcs saying that shield breaker tanks can kill them.

when in doubt trust the players to know formulas over the devs
    I permablock on my Magden.

It's actually really easy to do, in CP.

My build has the maths, and @paulsimonps has all the equations on his threads.

Fury + Permablock is great against a high number of unorganized players. They maximize the up time without applying any real pressure.

If this is "so easy" where are your 1vx videos?

Look at my guides etc

nah dood, you've got 24 hours to upload a leet 1vX edit or you're trash bruh!

He's right, I run 3 DoTs on my mageblade and its enough to absolutely feast on block builds, none of them are even bleeds. If their only defense is block and stacking healing done/received then I'd probably shred this build in under 2 minutes against an equally skilled player. DoTs+Major Defile and its GG. Not to mention that 1 fear opens them up to extreme burst, they'll probably take more crit damage than a light armor build running 7 impen, which is to say they'll melt rather quickly once block is dropped.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 16, 2017 7:38PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it @lexxypwns just tell em all how to kill my permablocker build...

Good thing I have a new one >:)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn it @lexxypwns just tell em all how to kill my permablocker build...

Good thing I have a new one >:)

If you lose a 1v1 with the new build, it's time to find a new game.

Besides, dots are dumb, pvp is all about burst ;)
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    git gud
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When most people insta-die without a chance to a few enemies targeting them, its simply ridiculous when 10 people take a minute to kill a tank. I don't care how others justify it.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armour s
    [

Seventh Legion has been broken(in both ways) since it was released. People just havent realised yet & Zenimax seem unwilling to address the issue.

Seventh + WW hide + BS. Hold Block, tank for days, get your ult up, cc immunity => Wrecking blow into leap => Deal 15k+ leap and completely destroy a target while tanking 10 others. Rinse and repeat and eventually you'll win :^

Did 2vX(I played a stamblade, irrelevnt except picking off poor innocents) with a sDK running the same build. Think at most we 2v11'd a group in IC and he just stood there and tanked everyone. Free stones hype. sDK running a (Boring) build like that, is completely, utterly broken.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on September 17, 2017 5:15PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK are incredible machines.
    PC EU
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, all permablockbuilds are killable. Some aoe- & dotseffects and you cant handle that incoming damage long time with your low sustain...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    assuming that these perma block builds are not running heals, or don't have a buddy who can tank and heal is a big hole in the "dot them up" theory

It's not that hard to out heal 1 persons dot damage with just a couple of skills. Maybe a vitality pot
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on September 19, 2017 9:22PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd had the pleasure of playing with, and fighting with some of the gentlemen in the vids. True_TryMe is another guy who runs a similar set up, who I had a lot of fun toying with this persons build about a week ago.

These builds don't do well with things that take their heals and blocks away. I kinda want to return to my StamDK and rework her now.

Thanks for the inspiration!