Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The 4,000 Crown Chroma-Blue Dwarven Spider Mount

• Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do people complain bc it's over price for a fluff item they don't have to buy or bc it's an item they want real bad but or too poor to buy?

Both, they damn well know the crown store isn't going anywhere. They know there's going to be a 5k,6k,7k,8k re-skin of a horse/senche/guar/camel/etc in the future but they still want to keep supporting the game by either playing it, subbing, or buying crowns.

I don't know if they somehow have this idea that by having all these threads (flashback of the dromatha-senche scandal :s )They are going to make the game completely free or have a sub model return.
    PC-NA
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people complain bc it's over price for a fluff item they don't have to buy or bc it's an item they want real bad but or too poor to buy?

They're offended because it's overpriced. They can tell the price of the item is inflated
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind bought the first mount of that design?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind bought the first mount of that design?

a lot of people did, it was the 'cool' mount for roughly 8 seconds
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    One day you people are going to buy a car and be all "It costs an extra $5,000 to be red instead of black? WTF?
    What do you mean different wheels cost $10,000!
    What the hell is this!"

Personally, I chose green. But the type of paint itself costs more; totally different situation. What did it cost them to add a blue stripe to the spider mount aside from ten minutes of eating danishes during "maintenance"?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much more could they have charged if they made it so you could use the dye station to pick your own colors on some of the parts.....

That ones for free ZOS now fix my damn heavy attack scaling.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on September 1, 2017 5:52AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say is, when they introduce mount dyeing in ESO plus, a looooot of ppl are gonna feel extra....silly. (This player is in no way responsible for you believing that "mount dyeing" will ever be a thing and takes no responsibility for rage moments that result in the breaking of innumerous animate and inanimate objects throughout your household).
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's the cost of the metallic paint, then labour, then taxes. These things aren't just created on a computer, you know....... oh, hang on.......
  • Demolitionary
    Demolitionary
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    When can we dye mounts?
    The day that happens, you know someone is going to be strutting around on a bright purple horse. Oh please God noooooooooooo........
    And they won't even use the subtle purples. They'll use the brightest, shiniest dye possible. :s

This made me giggle, it really did haha.

Now I have the thought of just doing my own thing then a hot pink horse struts by in walk mode... lol

giphy.gif
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viserion tribute mount....blue...
    On top of that why is even blue?? Doesnt match at all and doesnt go with anything dwarven...

I really want to know why its blue lol

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to buy the blue version as soon as it was datamined (that is why I didn't buy the original one).

But now as I see that the only difference is that blue color added and given that the prices of crowns have increased significantly in my country, I decided not to buy the mount.

As the crowns are much more expensive I am less eager now to purchase anything from the crown store.
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I was going to buy the blue version as soon as it was datamined (that is why I didn't buy the original one).

But now as I see that the only difference is that blue color added and given that the prices of crowns have increased significantly in my country, I decided not to buy the mount.

As the crowns are much more expensive I am less eager now to purchase anything from the crown store.

This so much. ^^
    Gonna have to be some pearly white unicorn that farts rainbows to get me buying more overpriced crowns.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I have to say is, when they introduce mount dyeing in ESO plus, a looooot of ppl are gonna feel extra....silly. (This player is in no way responsible for you believing that "mount dyeing" will ever be a thing and takes no responsibility for rage moments that result in the breaking of innumerous animate and inanimate objects throughout your household).

I'm going to feel extra happy when/if the day comes I can purple up my original dwarven spider to match my skin and costumes. (Oh why can I still not dye my weapons?)

I get the impression from some of the comments that some people just don't like the way it looks or for some strange reason see no value in riding a:
    Betheny wrote: »
    Disco Toilet Spider!
    SSlarg wrote: »
    " New rideable toilet now with chroma blue seat!*
    (long lost brother, even you?)

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was black, maybe Id spend 2500 crowns on it.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of that why is even blue?? Doesnt match at all and doesnt go with anything dwarven...

I really want to know why its blue lol

@Ihatenightblades Here is the reason!
    Rarest of all Dwarven Spider vamidiums are those powered by gems that emit a cold blue light, said to reflect the frigid stolen soul of the Dwemer engineer trapped within it.

That's from the official thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369417/new-limited-time-offers-available-in-the-crown-store-all-platforms-august-31

I think it's cool ^.^ I can't afford it, but it will be cool seeing them in game.
    Rarest of all Dwarven Spider vamidiums are those powered by gems that emit a cold blue light, said to reflect the frigid stolen soul of the Dwemer engineer trapped within it.

Isn't that a form of slavery?

DLM!

Edited by twev on September 1, 2017 12:44PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Ir0nB34r wrote: »
    Guys, I have been searching EVERYWHERE trying to find exactly where it says that you have to purchase these.. Can someone help me find it? Maybe you, OP?

Or perhaps I am simply confused.. Through context, it seems that you are required to purchase it since people are claiming they are being ripped off. In which case, I would be upset too if I HAD to purchase something that was more expensive than another thing, but in a different color. Or maybe its because you thought it would be faster than every other mount? Did they advertise that it was? Was it the wrong shade of blue than what they advertised?

People say ZOS is ripping them off. This implies that they cheated or exploited you. I am not sure how offering a non-essential, cosmetic item could be seen as ripping people off. They could charge 10,000 crowns for all I care.

They do not owe you this mount. You are not required to buy it. You neither lose or gain anything whether you own it or not. You are not being ripped off. Get over it.

Epic white knighting is epic

How can someone get to this point?

loll

Stockholm Syndrome
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Lesson of the day. Don't buy mounts.

I wouldn't buy this one and have enough now that I'm not especially tempted by any of the upcoming ones but I do find them value-adding, albeit often outrageously overpriced.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People look so stupid on these mounts.

Comedic, sure. Glad you guys are buying them. I'll pass on the Dwemer spider toilet mount. :wink:
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the definition because he spoke as if the terms "rip-off" and "scam" were synonymous. They're not. You don't have to be cheated to get ripped off. But for starters, how about the price of the previous Dwarven Spider that looks exactly the same? The OP makes the absurdity of this pricing quite clear. It's approximately $10 more for what? A blue stripe? That's like selling someone a phone, getting another one, painting a blue stripe on it, and adding a third of the price I charged the other guy to what I'm charging you. You might think the blue stripe is worth it, but it's clearly not to anyone with common sense. Foreign concept in today's society, apparently.

Seriously, some people are just way too used to being ripped off in this game. I'm not saying I never give in to these kinds of things, but I don't sit around acting like a defensive white knight when I know damn well I'm indulging in what's clearly a bad deal.

Except you provided no evidence of what the average price of a blue spider mount should be. Therefore, you cant objectively call it a rip off. Yes, colour design can effect prices. If ZOS were to charge crowns for the plain dwarven senche, and the ebony dwarven senche, I'd fully expect the latter to be more. Ever buy video game consoles? Custom special skins have been charged a bit more before. I hope you dont buy game collectors edition, because the things they make for those only cost a tiny percentage of what they are charging you. You know, I often see people every year or so buy a new model of a phone that is barely any different than the one they bought the previous year. Something I would never ever do myself, not worth it *for me*, but I wouldn't go tell those people they are getting ripped off. Nor would I insult their intelligence.

So you can call me or whoever a "white knight", but to quote Stefan Molyneux, "That's not an arguement". It does not further your position in any way.
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! It's like the original toilet throne mount but with a tacky underbody LED lighting kit! I bought a box of crowns from the sale just to buy it. :D
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen some stupid mounts over the years but holy god almighty this takes the biscuit!

Players have to realise how apocalyptically stupid they look on these things, even something as gormless as those flappy footed guar are better than this, they look like they are on a mechanical toilet with legs and this wierd blank expression. Even thinking about it makes me laugh so hard it hurts :D
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always thought that if you slapped some guns on the front, it would look like the Elder Scrolls version of D.va from Overwatch.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that if you slapped some guns on the front, it would look like the Elder Scrolls version of D.va from Overwatch.

Please don't give ZOS any ideas...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for my 10,000 crown rubber ducky mount.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner