The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The 4,000 Crown Chroma-Blue Dwarven Spider Mount

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
.....it's literally the same exact model as the old one but the top is colored blue.

The extra 1,000 crowns is because of the small amount of painted blue?!?!?!
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cash grab ppl leaving game?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st time in MMO or what ?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the same people who brought you one senche mount in 6 or 7 different skin colors.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on August 31, 2017 5:17PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You expect them to be reasonable and not rip us off?
    BKY3Mbu.gif

It's great for me, though. I probably wouldn't pay for this even if it were more reasonably priced at 1800-2000 crowns because I hate these crappy Dwarven machine mounts. But the higher they make these prices, the less tempted I am to buy them. So good on them for managing my spending for me!
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on August 31, 2017 5:21PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who missed regular speeder the first time around, or for people who really like blue.

I'll be sticking with my regular speeder.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent that's 6,200 crowns that I would have spent and instead have saved on mounts just this month thanks to their escalation of crown crate super uber extra mega rare mounts.

At this rate that will be over 70,000 crowns in a year and that's not counting the actual ones I'll save not buying crates next time around :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lesson of the day. Don't buy mounts.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll stick with the original model - it matches everything.

I might have considered the new one too if there were additional features. The dwarven spider is a lot of fun to ride.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I got this!

Crowns were just on sale so really it is only 2000 crowns, 1000 less....
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But don't you know that it's a rarest of all Dwarven Spider vamidiums and is powered by gem that emit a cold blue light, said to reflect the frigid stolen soul of the Dwemer engineer trapped within it? That's changes everything for me, take my crowns! Thank Sithis I don't like dwemer mounts, I would rather buy adventurer pack for 1900 crowns only to get Bantam Guar.
    PC/EU
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took the art department almost a full minute to pull up the file for that mount and select the part to be colored blue. You don't expect them to work for free, do you?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why I bought the original... I knew they would raise the price on this one.
    Playing since beta...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the people buying this are the people who missed the 3K crown version. This is their second chance. Only 1K more (probably still cheaper than trying for it in a future gamble crate season) and as a consolation for that 1K late fee, they get some blue paint.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original was bad enough. New version with a stripe isn't any better.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know which is more humorous. The fact that they are charging 4K for it or the fact that there are people out there that will actually pay for it.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still less expensive than the Elk, or the Mazzatun Motif that was just in the Crown Store...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of that why is even blue?? Doesnt match at all and doesnt go with anything dwarven...

I really want to know why its blue lol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people are shocked about this now? We've had the images since Morrowind beta.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a bad deal if you bought crowns on sale...
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disco Toilet Spider! Just what ESO needed :lol:
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dwarven spider mount navigates terrain faster than the other mounts.

This sales is therefore pay to win and, yes, very very worth it.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard legs will be painted one by one too. :D

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of that why is even blue?? Doesnt match at all and doesnt go with anything dwarven...

Because it matches the Morrowind Collector's Edition spider pet. It has blue on it as well.
    PC-NA Goat
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭

@Ihatenightblades Here is the reason!
    Rarest of all Dwarven Spider vamidiums are those powered by gems that emit a cold blue light, said to reflect the frigid stolen soul of the Dwemer engineer trapped within it.

That's from the official thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369417/new-limited-time-offers-available-in-the-crown-store-all-platforms-august-31

I think it's cool ^.^ I can't afford it, but it will be cool seeing them in game.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I see an item in the Crown Store with a price tag I feel is way out of line I just don't buy it. The Chroma-Blue Dwarven Spider Mount for 4000 crowns seems to be a good example. However, there is no sense complaining about it ZOS will not change the price.
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I have been searching EVERYWHERE trying to find exactly where it says that you have to purchase these.. Can someone help me find it? Maybe you, OP?

Or perhaps I am simply confused.. Through context, it seems that you are required to purchase it since people are claiming they are being ripped off. In which case, I would be upset too if I HAD to purchase something that was more expensive than another thing, but in a different color. Or maybe its because you thought it would be faster than every other mount? Did they advertise that it was? Was it the wrong shade of blue than what they advertised?

People say ZOS is ripping them off. This implies that they cheated or exploited you. I am not sure how offering a non-essential, cosmetic item could be seen as ripping people off. They could charge 10,000 crowns for all I care.

They do not owe you this mount. You are not required to buy it. You neither lose or gain anything whether you own it or not. You are not being ripped off. Get over it.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my regular dwemer spider mount and prefer it over the blue one. It's a lot easier to match something monochrome with my outfit than to try to tie the vibrant blue glow in somehow. Still, I'm sure there's a market for it. Maybe it's expensive because they know fewer people will want to buy it?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next one will be painted red and will cost 5000.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait for the hot pink version.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I dislike dwarven mounts due to the horrible screeching clanking noise they make when sprinting. I like the dragonfly though.
    They sell them at high prices to get people who want the limited time mount as its more exclusive. Thankfully every decent looking mount is store bought so there is no exclusivity there for me personally since I tend to be pretty bad with buying stuff labeled as "limited".
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ