Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Stamblade build HotR by Destroy, @One-Ticked

Araxyte
Araxyte
✭✭✭✭
So before I get into the details of the build, here are a few parses buffed and un-buffed to show you what this build can do. Sorry if I've missed anything in this guide, enjoy.

Parse 1: GROUP BUFFED Lambent Centurian (note that this was not setup with team spamming master architect set on me. This was with 0%up-time on major slayer... unlike other people's parses.
unknown.png
Parse 2: SELF BUFFED 3mil HP target dummy
unknown.png
Parse 3: SELF BUFFED 6mil HP target dummy
unknown.png
Bar setup
unknown.png

Bar 1:
Surprise attack
Rending slashes
Relentless focus
Deadly cloak/ Vigour
Killer's blade
Ult - Incapacitating strike

Bar 2:
Poison injection
Endless hail
Razor caltrops
Leeching strikes/ Reaper's mark/ Mirage
Rearming trap
Ult - flawless dawnbreaker

Rotation
Endless hail > Clatrops > Trap > poison injection (as you swap bar) > Rending slashes > from here on re-apply blade cloak when needed, spam surprise attack (or killer's blade below 25%) and use assasin's scourge shots whenever you get them. It's very important you light attack in between EVERY ability, you must get 2 assassin's scourge shots within each relentless focus buff. Re-apply relentless focus after the second shot and keep leeching strikes buff up for sustain if you're using it. Use incapacitating strike ultimate at the start of a front-bar rotation for max dps. This build is not for people who have problems light attacking or tracking buffs.

Gear setup 1: Trial buffed
unknown.png
Gear setup 2: Small group, solo play and trial penetration support.
unknown.png
Krahgs or Velidreth? Sharpened or precise? Night mother's or Briarheart?
It all depends on your group penetration support and CP's into penetration. I strongly recommend calculating your weapon penetration before deciding which sets/ traits to use. In most cases, you will want to use penetration traits/ sets for solo and small group content. Most veteran monsters have 18200 resistance.

Why no VO weapons?
Stamblades are not heavy attack builds, having the 8% stamina cost reduction on both bars really helps therefore you need the set working front and back-bar. Briarheart and MMG are proc sets which, once applied, will work on both your front and backbar.

Why briarheart and not hundings?
If hundings was to work on both your front and back-bar then sure, it would be more dps. But with this build we need VO working on both bars which means we would need our front-bar weapons to be apart of our secondary set. The second reason is the healing it gives (627 health for each critical strike), every bit of survivability helps. If you cannot obtain briarheart or simply just want to use hundings then use it instead, there will be little difference.

Champion points
The Ritual: 49 Mighty, 40 Thaumaturge, 52 Precise Strikes, 37 Piercing (You can change this depending on how much penetration you need)
The Attronarch: 40 Master-at-arms, 2 physical weapon expert
The Apprentice: None
The Shadow: 45 Tumbling, 30 Shadow Ward (Treasure hunter passive)
The Tower: None
The Lover: 75 Tenacity, 70 Mooncalf
The Lord: None
The Lady: 49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
The Steed: 31 Ironclad, 43 Spell Shield

Race: Redguard
Food: Stamina and Health resource
Mundus stone: Warrior (Lover if you need penetration still)
Self buffed stats (Trial setup)
unknown.png

VMA score with this build (solos setup)
unknown.png

Edited by Araxyte on August 30, 2017 9:41AM
| All classes | PC EU |
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx for sharing !
    Awesome !
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still feel like Endless Hail is pretty broken to be able to do double the dps of your next best skill.

My 36k pet sorc is jealous.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you change on your bars for VMA ?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you manage resources with only 1k stam regen? Leeching strikes is enough, even though it costs stam now?
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you manage resources with only 1k stam regen? Leeching strikes is enough, even though it costs stam now?

This is where the VO comes in. Having the 5 piece VO work on your front and back bar is a massive help for sustain as your most costly skills are on your back-bar. Leeching strikes costs hardly anything and returns a huge amount of stamina.
    unknown.png

| All classes | PC EU |
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I swap out blade cloak for vigour and use night mother's. I also use kraghs instead of velidreth because it has a low cool-down and it instantly procs, unlike velidreth which has a delay now
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will you have a problem with 16xxx hp in VTRIAL , espeically score run?
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Will you have a problem with 16xxx hp in VTRIAL , espeically score run?

With ebon and war horn up no, without yes. Can always go 5,1,1 setup or change attributes if you like, wont be much loss of dps.
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxyte wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I swap out blade cloak for vigour and use night mother's. I also use kraghs instead of velidreth because it has a low cool-down and it instantly procs, unlike velidreth which has a delay now

Thanks
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice 60k parse!

I think that in raids, wearing War Machine + Soul Harvest (not Incap) would be better for the whole group. It also just makes much more sense having all stamina players work together in order to get the maximum overall group damage. Something like this:
    DK1: Sunderflame + Hunding's
    DK2: Alkosh + Morag Tong/Hunding's
    NB: War Machine + NMG
    Temp: War Machine + Hunding's

With a setup like this, the whole group, yourself included, benefits much more than from using VO + Briarheart. Plus with the amount of points that you've put into penetration (39 CP + Kra'gh = over 4.8k penetration) Two-Fanged Snake would definitely be a better option in terms of damage. In a real raid situation you're going to have to heavy attack no matter what, so while VO is nice to have, its not worth sacrificing a beast of a set like TFS for it, because you will be losing DPS. And yes, you will have to heavy attack weave quite a lot in places like vHoF or really any place where you need to block/break free every couple of seconds.

You're also missing the Hemorrhage passive on the back bar, you should consider putting Incap/Soul Harvest there instead of Dawnbreaker. 10% crit hit damage > 8% weapon damage. You spend about 50% of the time on the bow bar, so losing Hemorrhage there is definitely a considerable loss of DPS.

Another thing is using Kra'gh in raids. Its only good for stationary fights (all of Sanctum and all of AA, Swag'Hassa, Ra Kotu and Assembly General) due to the buggy hitbox (you could be right in front of the target and Kra'gh wouldn't hit at all). Velidreth is a much better set in raids. On a dummy, obviously Kra'gh is fine, but who cares about an optimal dummy humping setup, am I right? xD

No points into Master at Arms? Your CP distribution seems very strange to me. I think you would get much more deeps by using Asayre's CP calculator and getting a proper distribution.

Finally: using Leeching Strikes is a DPS loss vs heavy attacking. Very slight DPS loss, but noticeable nonetheless. Consider doing some more heavy attacks instead of Leeching. Also opens up a slot for Mirage or any other defensive skill you might need for the fight (Purge for example).

So there are definitely some improvements you could make to increase your DPS and your utility, but good job either way!
    Edited by Izaki on August 30, 2017 2:48AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 60k parse!

I think that in raids, wearing War Machine + Soul Harvest (not Incap) would be better for the whole group. It also just makes much more sense having all stamina players work together in order to get the maximum overall group damage. Something like this:

With a setup like this, the whole group, yourself included, benefits much more than from using VO + Briarheart. Plus with the amount of points that you've put into penetration (39 CP + Kra'gh = over 4.8k penetration) Two-Fanged Snake would definitely be a better option in terms of damage. In a real raid situation you're going to have to heavy attack no matter what, so while VO is nice to have, its not worth sacrificing a beast of a set like TFS for it, because you will be losing DPS. And yes, you will have to heavy attack weave quite a lot in places like vHoF or really any place where you need to block/break free every couple of seconds.

You're also missing the Hemorrhage passive on the back bar, you should consider putting Incap/Soul Harvest there instead of Dawnbreaker. 10% crit hit damage > 8% weapon damage. You spend about 50% of the time on the bow bar, so losing Hemorrhage there is definitely a considerable loss of DPS.

Another thing is using Kra'gh in raids. Its only good for stationary fights (all of Sanctum and all of AA, Swag'Hassa, Ra Kotu and Assembly General) due to the buggy hitbox (you could be right in front of the target and Kra'gh wouldn't hit at all). Velidreth is a much better set in raids. On a dummy, obviously Kra'gh is fine, but who cares about an optimal dummy humping setup, am I right? xD

No points into Master at Arms? Your CP distribution seems very strange to me. I think you would get much more deeps by using Asayre's CP calculator and getting a proper distribution.

Finally: using Leeching Strikes is a DPS loss vs heavy attacking. Very slight DPS loss, but noticeable nonetheless. Consider doing some more heavy attacks instead of Leeching. Also opens up a slot for Mirage or any other defensive skill you might need for the fight (Purge for example).

So there are definitely some improvements you could make to increase your DPS and your utility, but good job either way!

Totally agree with the war machine setup, unfortunately I've been unlucky with weapon drops so haven't had the chance to try it otherwise I would be using it.

In a trial I use velidreth which is why I suggested it and then as you said, kraghs for the stationary bosses or if the penetration just isn't there.

As for the siphoning attacks, yes you're right it's a dps loss (small dps loss) but I've always found it handy getting a burst of 4k stamina return when in need of it. The healing is also a bonus. I've been meaning to test reaper's mark ability in boss fights with trash adds (25% more damage for 5 seconds if target dies) which would also give me the hemorrhage passive. Would be kinda fun to mess around with. Pair it with war machine and our killer's blade could be hitting 100k+. Just something to think about :)

And lastly, made a mistake with the cp's I actually have 40 in master-at-arms and 2 in physical weapon expert WOOPS. Updated with the new cp's :#
    Edited by Araxyte on August 30, 2017 3:39AM
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I've been using pure light attacks in my rotation with leeching strikes vs mixing in heavy attacks, for me at least the DPS difference is miniscule. Also I like to have stamina coming back passively to work around fight mechanics.

If you are using pure light attack weaving there'll be loads of direct damage, it might even be a 50% split between direct damage and DOT damage.
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a new dps parse I did with a few tweaks to gear for a bit more penetration (swapped VO for TFS) very bad sustain though. (48.6k DPS)
    Edited by Araxyte on August 30, 2017 9:43AM
    | All classes | PC EU |
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Araxyte wrote: »
    Nice 60k parse!

Totally agree with the war machine setup, unfortunately I've been unlucky with weapon drops so haven't had the chance to try it otherwise I would be using it.

In a trial I use velidreth which is why I suggested it and then as you said, kraghs for the stationary bosses or if the penetration just isn't there.

As for the siphoning attacks, yes you're right it's a dps loss (small dps loss) but I've always found it handy getting a burst of 4k stamina return when in need of it. The healing is also a bonus. I've been meaning to test reaper's mark ability in boss fights with trash adds (25% more damage for 5 seconds if target dies) which would also give me the hemorrhage passive. Would be kinda fun to mess around with. Pair it with war machine and our killer's blade could be hitting 100k+. Just something to think about :)

And lastly, made a mistake with the cp's I actually have 40 in master-at-arms and 2 in physical weapon expert WOOPS. Updated with the new cp's :#

Well I mean, you could always go for War Machine + NMG or Hunding's or even Briarheart if the other stams in your group also have support sets on. Something that could be very interesting however is WM + VO. Now of course the double Minor Slayer bonus kinda sucks, but you get both and insane uptime on WM and really good sustain, the combination of which could be really nice. (It will probably suck however)

By the way, I haven't really been noticing THAT much of a difference between Briarheart and Hunding's. I've about 15 minutes to test my setup from last patch which was Hunding's + TFS + Kra'gh/Veli, before the raid tonight. Infused/Sharp front and Precise back (used to be Sharp back bar) and Lover. The results were pretty promising considering I screwed up a few times! :D
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/35775627 (47.9k)
    Used your back bar rotation because its much more like how you would initiate a fight in a raid and also because that way Trap gets activated on the front bar which is a pretty nice damage boost! I have a week during which I can use Incap, before we start applying all of those buffs sets... Then I'll have to remorph to Soul Harvest :'(

Oh I use Leeching Strikes in any fight that's demanding on resources (basically all of vHoF and a few fights in the other trials). I also like that skill, its just that... well its still a DPS loss, so slowly trying to get rid of that. Yeah I've been thinking about Mark quite a lot myself, but I really only see a use for it in trash fights sadly... But yeah I'm totally seeing where you're going with those 100k executes, as in: magplars thought they were cool? I still think you should double bar Incap while using Leeching though :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • N1ght_Raid96
    N1ght_Raid96
    ✭✭
    Nice build dewd
    The Potato Cult PS4 NA
    Mei-Terumi Imperial Nightblade