The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot connect to NA

eckertt001
Unable to connect to NA servers, EU however works. Already reinstalled and patched the client. Any additional suggestions to resolve? My characters are on the NA servers.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @eckertt001 Could you let us know the exact error you are getting when you try connecting to the NA Servers? This will help us determine what could be the issue and what troubleshooting you can try.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • eckertt001
    No error, it just times out when attempting to login. It also says cannot retrieve announcements.
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    I can't even get to character select. I get infinate load screen and then it shuts down completely and says to submit an error report
  • Phorumserfer
    Phorumserfer
    Soul Shriven
    I hate to be negative, but I've been unable to connect for 3 (three!) weeks to the NA server -- but I can connect to the EU server -- go figure. Unfortunately, NA is where all my toons are.

"Customer Service" so far has been underwhelming (have an ongoing ticket for the past 2 weeks). It's like they either have no clue at all (possible!), or they do have a clue and can't easily fix it (and don't want to admit it). Smells shady.

For all the good it'll do, I'm looking at registering a complaint w/ the BBB. If enough dissatisfied people do this, then maybe we can get what we payed for.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are simply getting timed out when attempting to login, there can be a few different culprits as to what is causing this. To start troubleshooting your login issue, please try the troubleshooting listed in this help article regarding time out errors. If none of this troubleshooting resolves the problem, you will need to open a support ticket. If you have any issues doing so please let us know
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • eckertt001
    I can login to EU servers, connect, and play so Im not sure how this would actually apply. Is there a difference in port configuration requirements depending on the server you connect to?
  • eckertt001
    Additionally, I just verified that I can logon to NA and EU servers on my PS4. So this issue is strictly limited to just the PC version, NA servers.
  • eckertt001
    I tried contacting support, however they have me running in circles. It is at the point they are not even reading what I am writing. Regardless I think you are blocking my IP address. Because if I use a different IP, I can connect. But I do not want to burn time on my cell phone, and using a VPN introduces far too much lag.
  • Phorumserfer
    Phorumserfer
    Soul Shriven
    eckertt001 wrote: »
    I tried contacting support, however they have me running in circles. It is at the point they are not even reading what I am writing. Regardless I think you are blocking my IP address. Because if I use a different IP, I can connect. But I do not want to burn time on my cell phone, and using a VPN introduces far too much lag.

Your experience sounds similar to mine.

I'm willing to bet $$ that they have a scrubbing center that's blocking packages of IP addresses.

Their "support team" cannot or will not help with this kind of problem.

It's hardly surprising, in a way. Since Day 1, this company has consistently proven itself incapable of running an MMO with the same level of skill as its competitors. Here we are, 3+ years later, and it's the same story.