The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about we stop spamming resto/shield ultis on 1v1s

SanTii.92
SanTii.92
✭✭✭✭✭
Stalling fights for 10-15 minutes +. Or do I need to slot ravage resources poisons. Hope not.
Edited by SanTii.92 on August 28, 2017 1:59PM
When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if they do that, why even duel them at all? This is one of the few reasons why I don't duel people.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my class ultimates were worth a damn, i'd use them instead. Or if I were a warden, I'd drop trees, which is even more fun.

But, no, sorry, I'm not dropping Nova on you in a 1v1.

NBs and DKs have the only offensive ultimates worth a damn in a 1v1 and until someone on the ZoS dev team genuinely becomes interested in competitive PvP, you're going to see a lot of resto and sword & shield ultimates.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree 100% should be common courtesy not to spam defensive ultis in a duel
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's why I don't duel, except for certain occasions. Of my friends wanting to duel me and keep asking me why, I have auto duel decline on.

But in PvP, it couldn't be helped. Most of time I'm forced to spam my restro ult (Akavari Dragonguard armor) in 1v1, hopefully to survive long enough. For somebody hopefully, come and rescue me.

I have no damage especially in 1v1 and against really skilled PvPers. But like I say I have no choice but am forced to be on defensive stance.

Which includes me spamming restro ult. I know I have no skill, it's sad honestly. But most of time I alone and I unable to do anything but be defensive stance.

I have only few options

1. Hopefully I get destroyed in 1v1
    2. Heal my enemy to death(Most everything is healing skills, save for 2 damage and 1 siege shield.
    3. Hopefully someone come and help
    4. Hopefully more enemies come and destroy me
    5. Keep healing and hope the attacker(s) give up. (Happens 6 times now)

But sadly most of the time, I have no choice and force to spam my healing ult. Including 1v1 if I'm against a really highly skilled PvPer. Some times I would attack and do my best, but still spam healing ult...
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my class ultimates were worth a damn, i'd use them instead. Or if I were a warden, I'd drop trees, which is even more fun.

NBs and DKs have the only offensive ultimates worth a damn in a 1v1 and until someone on the ZoS dev team genuinely becomes interested in competitive PvP, you're going to see a lot of resto and sword & shield ultimates.
    But if we both were to do that it's entirely possible that fights may never end until forfeit, and what's the point then. I'd much rather get soul assaulted.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on August 28, 2017 3:26PM

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time you're burst better. Save your cc for a better tinge than on cooldown. The reason they get it off to save themselves is because you didn't do something right.

Use that mentality a improve your play. Review the footage. It'll show you when you could have capitalised.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't dropped a nova since 1 tamriel. Feels bad.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time you're burst better. Save your cc for a better tinge than on cooldown. The reason they get it off to save themselves is because you didn't do something right.

Use that mentality a improve your play. Review the footage. It'll show you when you could have capitalised.
    Not necessarily when there are ult regen setups that build another defensive ultimately before I got mine back.

Anyways didn't said it's impossible to beat, just that it stalls fight for way longer than it would otherwise.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could careless what people want to use.. but id rather fight someone whos thinking outside the box then a meta player.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Not necessarily when there are ult regen setups that build another defensive ultimately before I got mine back.

Anyways didn't said it's impossible to beat, just that it stalls fight for way longer than it would otherwise.

Fighting an ult gen tank build is different than some one just using those 2 ultimates. Aka, don't put yourself though misery lol. If a fight lasts over min and the opponent hasn't gotten me under 50%hp i dip. Same if someone just wants to kite around a tree or rock. So dumb.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can always do better is true but this does not address what SAN is bringing up which is that fights where two people are spamming a get out of jail free reset button are boring and uninteresting and a huge waste of time unless you really play this game for your kdr record and not for oh I don't know, interesting and engaging gameplay.

And you don't need ulti gen set ups to prolong a 1v1 fight with resto or shield wall, they are generally cheaper than burst ultis. You mitigate non ulti burst with your normal defenses and you always have a defensive up to counter the offensive ulti burst. If your opponent isn't a potato this can and will happen 5, 6, 7 times and honestly it's boring af and the only lesson to learn is after a second resto ulti you walk away and find something better to do.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your build can't burst damage for 22k+?

Your a DD that doesn't have enough burst... That's your prob right there
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Johnnny
    Johnnny
    What about not dueling at all? It's just pointless...
    Johnnyzz - mSorc - NA Sotha/BGs

http://plays.tv/u/Johnnyzao
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I build as offensive as possible, but you just can't one shot good players.

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this comment captures the essence of ESO combat. Burst is king. Pressure means nearly nothing when you can everyone can cast a full heal within 2 seconds and have some defensive mechanic to facilitate that, like dodge rolls or shields or block. To get through that, you need burst.

It's such a mess. Practically everyone in ESO is a healer (though many are limited to self heals) so the only thing left is to chose between sky high damage (burst) or even higher tankiness. I don't think it would be too far off the mark to judge players' "skill" based on how well they can (self-)heal.

It's both a symptom and a cause of low TTK.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else do you expect in a game not designed or balanced around 1v1 (or even exclusively PvP), there is going to be a lot of lame, cheesy ***, either accept that and don't take the game too seriously, or find a 1v1 game like a good fighting game if you really like 1v1, though be prepared, the good ones have a high skill cap, unlike ESO.
    Edited by Sylosi on August 28, 2017 8:11PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´d go as far as saying incap (and only incap as a morph) is the only ultimate that can compete with resto and 1h+shield or trees.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fighting an ult gen tank build is different than some one just using those 2 ultimates. Aka, don't put yourself though misery lol. If a fight lasts over min and the opponent hasn't gotten me under 50%hp i dip. Same if someone just wants to kite around a tree or rock. So dumb.

So you last fight you didn´t run away from was in like june 2015?
    <Noricum>

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What am I suppose to do with my Duoble resto Shalk Eyes of Mara build? Lmao
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

You´re doing it wrong.

Tavas front, Dragonguard back, Bloodspawn2p. Enjoy restoult.
    <Noricum>

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, nothing. But don't get all worked up when I call out your cheese.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see in your signature you too are a warden...

Come on, we don't have room to talk smack about "cheesy" ults
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stalling fights for 10-15 minutes +. Or do I need to slot ravage resources poisons. Hope not.

You do.

I don't personally like to use defensive ultis in organized duels, but open world or BGs, where I'm actually vested in winning, I'm popping whatever ult I need to. I actively use resource poisons as well though.

But then, I solo/duo and can't afford to give up any advantages.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see in your signature you too are a warden...

Come on, we don't have room to talk smack about "cheesy" ults
    I don't cast the healing ulti on 1v1s, ever. Don't even have slotted cause the resto one is actually better, but even then I only got it as an absolute last resort, just in case my opponent has casted defensive ones multiple times already.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half the time restro ult is more for the offense then defense
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Duels are broken, asking this is the same as asking pepole not to run Pet sorc ,Bleed dmg, or even asking magDK to stop f!@#@! perma blocking in duels...

Gotta fight the cancer somehow you know.
    Another nerf thread... jeez.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Half the time restro ult is more for the offense then defense

I love hitting resto ult when I know my opponents burst is about to hit then bursting in return with the damage buff and being basically invulnerable. This requires you to play a build that can kill without an offensive ulti though.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 29, 2017 7:06AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or he's a dd thats come across and perfectly balance heavy magplar or warden in a 1v1.

Gl bursting heavy s&b user with 26k+ hp. With access to cheap ults like tree's, s&b ult, resto ult or templar ult.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yet leap is perfectly fine? that logic doesn't make sense.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a high damage magplar light armor build, i use bloodspawn, i use resto ult...

You see as a light armor magplar, my shields are nowhere near as strong as a NB, warden or sorc, there fore i must rely on mitigating damage through resists, and healing up. The problem with that is it forces magplars into defensive stances, when the other classes can just pop two shields and go back offensive.

The resto ulti allows me to build for damage and have more time being offensive. But look at what i have to sacrifice in order to get that. I dont get to use a offensive ultimate unless you suck and dont pressure me properly, i dont get to use an offensive monster helm, i dont get the same damage numbers or burst as a magsorc, magwarden, magblade or any stamina toon.

Now i can understand if you used resto ult as a magsorc woth 50k magic, thats kinda low. But hes not using an offensive ulti if hes using resto ult.

You need to time your burst, one good thing about magplars is they they are noticably harder to burst down due to having to build more for passive mitigation, but that come at a price of us not being able burst as well as others.

Its not to say my magplar sucks. My setup allows me to take on the most competent players in the game, and its a very well set up toon. I believe you should not be able to single handedly beat another player 1v1. All classes have great defense and only a improperly played or built toon who makes mistakes can lose. But thats the fun of dueling, everyone always makes mistakes at some point.

Try it. Start a duel with the intention that you wont go offensive, even on your most ofensive build, you should not die if all you do is concentrate on defense. Its the going offensive that makes us have mistakes in our defense...so leave those ultis alone