The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown is on sale! How much Crown have you purchased?

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 to 5500 Crowns
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    I haven't bought them yet but plan to spend ~$40 this sale. There are some outrageous crown purchases mentioned already in this thread. Geebus...

I know right? It's like a horror movie
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16501 to 22000 Crowns
    OblivionNW wrote: »
    137,500 this sale, bringing my total to 141,295
    becef9a756ccf0c6889a83e449882068.jpg

Holy Cow!

And, I felt guilty for splurging on four of the 5500 crown packs.

You must have loved going through the process 25 times since ZOS has yet to allow one to purchase multiple crown packs at once.

But, what on earth would you do with that many crowns unless you are saving up for a LONG time?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns
    Actually. Haven't purchase anything. Just found it about the sale.

I guess we have a couple weeks off form the threads complaining about how many crowns something costs.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    16501 to 22000 Crowns
    as another posted, I bought 4 packs of 5500

totaling 22k

now I think I am ready for the Halloween offerings!

;)
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns
    I have a little over 60K after buying 10 packs today...

And to all those giving the people grief over buying a large amount of Crowns...

I think its nuts that my friend spends $8.00 for a cup of coffee... 2 times a day... but I would never presume to tell him how to spend his money...since he's the one who earned it...

Also at $16 a day... that would equate to about a little more than 3500 crowns.... mind you this is per day.... and I sure as hell will get more enjoyment out of 3500 crowns than i would ever over a cup of Joe...
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5501 to 11000 Crowns
    sevomd69 wrote: »

And to all those giving the people grief over buying a large amount of Crowns...

I think its nuts that my friend spends $8.00 for a cup of coffee... 2 times a day... but I would never presume to tell him how to spend his money...since he's the one who earned it...

Also at $16 a day... that would equate to about a little more than 3500 crowns.... mind you this is per day.... and I sure as hell will get more enjoyment out of 3500 crowns than i would ever over a cup of Joe...

Your friend needs to buy a coffee machine and join the "Practical Adults" club ;p
  • ascottk
    ascottk
    ✭✭✭
    Bought 5500 crowns and with those crowns I bought:
    • Starter Pack: Adept-experience scrolls and riding lessons for new characters. The costumes are rather underwhelming but I'll probably use them
    • Adventurer Pack-I love having more options with Any Race, Any Alliance
    • Digital Imperial Upgrade-Another option and another race to experiment with

This is the most money I spent on any game ever! Sub for the crafting bag, Morrowind addon, DLCs (before I subbed), etc. This game is designed for longevity and I plan on playing the hell (oblivion) out of it because I enjoy it and I invested too much already anyway...
    The nerf to intelligent internet discussion still hasn't been resolved.

The problem with above average intelligence is that you're treading a sea of idiots.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns

Your friend needs to buy a coffee machine and join the "Practical Adults" club ;p

Some people buy Starbucks 4 times a day... also it is practical for him... since he doesn't want to spend time making coffee and is very comfortable financially...
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38501 to 44000 Crowns

To be fair, everyone enjoys different things. For them, the $8 for a cup of coffee is worth it. To you, $16 a day of Crowns is worth it. It's important to remind oneself that world revolves around everyone and/or no one.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 to 5500 Crowns
    Since when was anyone giving greif or saying how he should spend his money? Stop overreacting people
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns
    Megabear wrote: »

To be fair, everyone enjoys different things. For them, the $8 for a cup of coffee is worth it. To you, $16 a day of Crowns is worth it. It's important to remind oneself that world revolves around everyone and/or no one.

Yup... as long as it is within one's means... how people spend their money should be no one else's business...come to think of it... even if it isn't within one's means...
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    When does the offer end? If there is an announcement, I would like to see the link.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well 3500 Crowns is a bit over $25 based on the 5500 Crown pack value. If counting Crowns on sale then sure, $16 is accurate. Normally that $16 would amount to around 2200 Crowns.

Regardless, you can spend your money on whatever you like.

It's just that ZOS has no reason to ever bother with lowering prices on items, and are geniuses for implementing Crown Crates considering there are people willing to drop thousands of dollars on them without a second thought.
  • OblivionNW
    OblivionNW
    ✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns
    I plan to purchase a fair amount of crown crates in the upcoming season, research scrolls and anything else that pops up that I like. It might seem like a lot but I'd probably spend that much at full price if it wasn't for the sale!
    Edited by OblivionNW on December 20, 2018 11:06AM
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5501 to 11000 Crowns

Some people buy Starbucks 4 times a day... also it is practical for him... since he doesn't want to spend time making coffee and is very comfortable financially...

As a working professional myself, I've never seen a single office that doesn't have a semi-gourmet coffee maker, especially if they actually are "very comfortable financially" as you claim. I've also not met a single coffee snob that chooses Starbucks over other coffee. Nobody "prefers" Starbucks.

Semantics aside, I respectfully disagree. Unless there is a Starbucks twenty feet away from his office doorway, there is nothing "practical" about choosing Starbucks, due to travel time alone. Travelling to Starbucks, versus making Starbucks coffee in a coffee maker, is literally an incovenience, thus not the practical choice. If you want to use your own fictional definition of the word "practical", there would be no use arguing at that point.

The only situation I can see your assessment being practical, is if your friend is on the road every hour of the day. In that case, disregard my words entirely.

P.S. My original comment was more a light-hearted joke, than a challenge. I guess you chose to interpret it as he latter.
    Edited by AlMcFly on August 22, 2017 7:28PM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38501 to 44000 Crowns

As a working professional myself, I've never seen a single office that doesn't have a semi-gourmet coffee maker, especially if they actually are "very comfortable financially" as you claim. I've also not met a single coffee snob that chooses Starbucks over other coffee. Nobody "prefers" Starbucks.

Semantics aside, I respectfully disagree. Unless there is a Starbucks twenty feet away from his office doorway, there is nothing "practical" about choosing Starbucks, due to travel time alone. Travelling to Starbucks, versus making Starbucks coffee in a coffee maker, is literally an incovenience, thus not the practical choice. If you want to use your own fictional definition of the word "practical", there would be no use arguing at that point.

The only situation I can see your assessment being practical, is if your friend is on the road every hour of the day. In that case, disregard my words entirely.

My office has a gourmet coffee maker, an espresso machine, a french press and a Keurig machine. People still walk over to Starbucks to buy coffee. I don't really understand it either.
    Edited by Megabear on August 22, 2017 7:30PM
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Server - PC/NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to purchase a fair amount of crown crates in the upcoming season, research scrolls and anything else that pops up that I like. 140,000 might seem like a lot but I'd probably spend that much at full price if it wasn't for the sale!

Rip future sales :disappointed:
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5501 to 11000 Crowns

My office has a gourmet coffee maker, an espresso machine, a french press and a Keurig machine. People still walk over to Starbucks to buy coffee. I don't really understand it either.

It's probably less about the coffee at that point and more an excuse to get out of the office and see the sun with someone they can gossip with. I can understand that.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None,

No sale on EU PS4
    EU PS4
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 to 5500 Crowns
    137,500 this sale, bringing my total to 141,295
    becef9a756ccf0c6889a83e449882068.jpg

I've played this game since launch and bought more than my fair share of crowns, yet my grand total of crowns still doesn't amount to what you're currently sitting on. No idea if to sit here in awe at you or laugh.

I should just thank him, he's probably funding the next couple of DLCs single-handedly :smiley: !
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    is there anyway to purchase multiple 5500 crowns pack at once or the only way is to do it one by one?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did some math. It's been about 4 months since I began playing this game and I spent total of about $450, which comes out to about $113 per month. That's scary. I won't spend any more money for the next 8 months for sure and it'll bring my average monthly expense down to $38/mo. If I don't spend more money for the next 20 months, which can happen, it'll bring it down to $18.75/mo. I'll be really stingy with my Crown moving forward.

good post...i have to imagine with the monthly sub, plus crowns I've purchased, plus morrowind I'm probably at around $25 or so a month for this year right now...

I'm not sure if I'll buy more crowns this time around...still don't have the banker or merchant, but, I haven't really run in to any inventory issues lately while questing/exploring/farming...

thankfully I'm not into housing or crown store mounts...or, any of the cosmetic stuff...

my two new wardens could definitely use some more speed and stamina lessons, but, with rapid maneuvers I'm able to get around okay...

probably just sit on the 8k or so crowns I already have...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38501 to 44000 Crowns
    SecretAtoz wrote: »
    is there anyway to purchase multiple 5500 crowns pack at once or the only way is to do it one by one?

One by one only.
    Server - PC/NA
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38501 to 44000 Crowns
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I just did some math. It's been about 4 months since I began playing this game and I spent total of about $450, which comes out to about $113 per month. That's scary. I won't spend any more money for the next 8 months for sure and it'll bring my average monthly expense down to $38/mo. If I don't spend more money for the next 20 months, which can happen, it'll bring it down to $18.75/mo. I'll be really stingy with my Crown moving forward.

good post...i have to imagine with the monthly sub, plus crowns I've purchased, plus morrowind I'm probably at around $25 or so a month for this year right now...

I'm not sure if I'll buy more crowns this time around...still don't have the banker or merchant, but, I haven't really run in to any inventory issues lately while questing/exploring/farming...

thankfully I'm not into housing or crown store mounts...or, any of the cosmetic stuff...

my two new wardens could definitely use some more speed and stamina lessons, but, with rapid maneuvers I'm able to get around okay...

probably just sit on the 8k or so crowns I already have...

If you're not into any of the cosmetic stuff 8K should hold for a long while :)
    Server - PC/NA
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49501 or more Crowns

P.S. My original comment was more a light-hearted joke, than a challenge. I guess you chose to interpret it as he latter.

Well he actually does have a Starbucks in the lobby of his office building...and in the area of my workplace over 50% have a Starbucks coffee in hand when they walk through the door...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stingy with in-game currency, let alone real cash. I think I've spent somewhere around 150 EUR in 2 years, including the initial purchase.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5501 to 11000 Crowns

Well he actually does have a Starbucks in the lobby of his office building...and in the area of my workplace over 50% have a Starbucks coffee in hand when they walk through the door...

I've occasionally gotten a Starbucks omw to work if taking public transit in. That's not too abnormal. Making four trips in a single day however, all I have to say is EESH!

I'm judging a bit, but honestly, it's their money. If I wanted to light a twenty dollar bill on fire, that's my prerogative ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by geonsocal on August 22, 2017 7:59PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

man, what is it with all the coffee users and abusers these days...can't you all just get your little energy bump the old fashioned way:
    FfnvQQD.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on August 22, 2017 7:59PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 to 5500 Crowns
    Why is this thread a coffee thread now?