The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Calling out DW users in PVP (Stamina)

AAbrigo
AAbrigo
✭✭✭
Hi.

Really want to succeed with DW in PVP and not run 2H like 95% of the stam users.

Anyone got some success in PVP with Dual Wield? 1v1, 1vx? Or is it just impossible with DW? :smile:

I run a stamsorc with dw/bow option.
Edited by AAbrigo on August 18, 2017 4:44PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes . Bandarii , my StamSorc uses quick cloak for AOE protection and speed boost . Blood craze and blood thirst for dps and heals . Working great with heals from crit Rush .
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not DW user, but 2H is far from being 95% (ok, maybe 95% of people have it, but backbar is different to frontbar). DW got serious traction these past patches (partially because proc sets were too strong to pass on, partially because overall all set bonuses are too good to miss 3rd one).

In short, cant tell you how to reach success with DW in PVP, but many 1v1 or 1vx use it nowadays. Not as many as 2H or 1h+S, but far more than bow frontbar :D
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do on my stamplar, buts jabs is my spammable. Only use quick cloak and dw for an extra armor piece
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most classes need 2h backbar at least for rally. Some can get away with it such a stam warden.

But if you mean dw for frontbar then it works on stamplar, stam nb and stam warden.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I use dw/bow on my stamblade.

I manage fine but I've never tried 2h, maybe it's better but hey those daggers have been working fine for this one.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • anathosdm
    anathosdm
    ✭✭✭
    DW/Bow is nice with stam sorc with high crit chance.
    Hard in 1vX though because it lacks of burst
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw works great, give it a shot. Just make sure you're a sorc/warden/dk for brutally in class skills or get it from potions.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h magplar here :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most classes need 2h backbar at least for rally. Some can get away with it such a stam warden.

But if you mean dw for frontbar then it works on stamplar, stam nb and stam warden.

And sorc

@anathosdm with all that pressure you just need a well timed Dawnbreaker
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 18, 2017 8:30PM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play stam NB with DW/bow.

Quick cloak, blood craze, cloak, shrouded daggers, vigor

Shuffle, relentless focus, poison inject, draining shot, and a switchable skill

It was hard to get used to and took a lot of ass beatings to figure it out but i find is extremely good
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments.

Juat gotta practice alot I guess.. Definitely a more fun playstyle than 2h on frontbar. :smile:
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is possible. Kethe Dawnwalker uses DW as a main bar and succeed with it. However he calls his play style as "tire enemy to death". He can deal up 1v1 and 1vX but I'm not sure you're looking for such a gameplay style :(
    Edited by Pijng on August 20, 2017 8:46PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use the ulti.
    PC EU
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw stam nightblade here
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play mag now, but used to play DW stam DK. It was a pressure build. As anathosdm says, the problem is lack of burst / 1vX capability. It was good for duelling.

DW skill line revolves around healing while attacking. Bloodthirst is good, but you can't block while doing that. It has a nice 7m range. Viper will be as viable as ever in the context of a pressure build. I'd recommend Immov + Speed pots to help keep on top of people in addition to your Hurricane and Streak.

The DW stamsorcs I encounter usually put out nasty high damage.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    I can answer any questions you have about dual wield Stam sorc. I've been running it with high success in every form of pvp for over a year now.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in a reddit tgread last week. I do well in 1v1 and 1vx, but it takes some time to get used to timing your draining shots for heals.

I got bored of dizzying swing and worked hard to try and find something that works for me with a different spammable. I wouldn't recommend this to most people, but it may be something you want to try.

I use bow/dw. The build focuses on dots, which normally isnt recommended because burst is king in pvp, but ive done really well with the build. My spammable is bloodthirst.

Bow bar: hurricane, vigor, bound armor, draining shot, poison injection, overload

Dw bar: Crit surge, rendering slashes, bound armor, shuffle, bloodthirst, dawnbreaker

Overload bar: dark deal, vigor, bound armor, mist form, rearming trap

Sets are Shackle Breaker, Spriggans, and bloodspawn/skoria/slimecraw. With prismatic armor enchanted as a bosmer, 40k stam, 28k health, 2.3k regen And 2.4k wpn dmg in 5 heavy/1/1
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW on my StamBlade, but just for the extra Crit Chance, of course. I'm a squishy PvE build so I use Bloodthirst for my spam healing, and honestly no other DW skills than that one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB here. Deadly Cloak and Steel Tornado are very valuable skills for PvE and group play in PvP.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    I will chime in here as a Stam DK. Personally I have trouble sticking with one main build or weapon type so not going to sit here and say I am a dual wielder only. But lately I have really liked using DW as my main damage dealer. I also HATE dizzying swing gameplay. Might just be me but I connect about 10% of the time, I am the worst ever at it.

One of the reasons I starting using DW was that SnB, on Xbox at least, got hit with an awful mechanic hitch where light/heavy attacks leave your character stuck in follow through animation. DW's mechanics feel much more fluid. When combined with the proper setup Bloodcraze+Bloodthirst+another DOT can be very effective. Weaving light attacks builds up a cheaper Ultimate quickly as well. In group play or larger fights you can use Flying Blade at range for some nice damage. Flying Blade works to slow down those fast nightblades as well w/the 50% movement speed reduction.

All in all I find DW has some great utility to it.

Curious to know if anyone has used Sword Dancer (add 400 damage to DW abilities)? It's one of those sets that is a pain to farm especially the jewelry so I have never invested the time. If it adds 400 to EACH Bloodcraze strike then it could be very effective especially as it is Stamina jewelry.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    I use Dual Wield for my Warden and it's beast in BG. Ready your shalks, shimmering shield and netch, throw ur dagger 2 or 3 times, use whirlwind and boom, shalks appeared. Keep whirlwind until they are dead. Health low, pop heal forest. No stamina, pop lotus, and HA. After that, u will got three bodies lying around after 10 secs. Best to use is when u ambush them. Nid to do this combo quick and if u failed to kill at least 2 of them in 10 secs, use wings, shimmering shield, netch, vigor, and ready spores in case u nid it(sure u do). Element of surprise is needed for this combo.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    Hi.

Really want to succeed with DW in PVP and not run 2H like 95% of the stam users.

Anyone got some success in PVP with Dual Wield? 1v1, 1vx? Or is it just impossible with DW? :smile:

I run a stamsorc with dw/bow option.

yeah with crushing weapon as a spammable works great in pvp with draining shot on bow bar, the other morph of rendering slashes, im loving it
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIce necro!