The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Beast Magden PvP Build and Question

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought I would share my Magden build since I have been having a lot of success with it.

5 pieces Necropotence body
2 pieces Willpower swords
3 pieces Grace of the Ancients jewelry
1 piece Domihaus
1 piece Shadowrend
1 master resto staff

5/1/1 undaunted passive
Armor is full impenetrabLe
All magicka glyphs
1 spell damage glyph
2 magicka recovery glyphs
Mundus Stone: The Mage
Witch Brew Food

Obviously the goal is to increase max magicka while still managing to have high regen.

Front Bar
Fetcher Infection
Inner light
Absorb magicka
Deep fissure
Screaming cliff racer
Northern storm

Back Bar
Ice fortress
Healing ward/corrupting pollen/enchanted spores/shimmering shield
Living trellis
Blue Betty
Bird of prey
Healing thicket

Fully buffed, the tool tip on cliff racer is 12,450. The build feels really solid. Stamina pool is a little low but living trellis means that even when shields drop and you cant break free you aren't getting smacked like a truck. I am planning on swapping 2 max magicka glyphs for prismatics.

Now, my question is... should I get a willpower shield to try out for the additional max magicka and the added tankiness? Also, if not using a resto staff skill on back bar would it be more beneficial to run sword and board?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add that I have though about running a 2hander on the back bar as well, to run momentum for the immovability.
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    You will run out of stamina and be dead. I used a similar build with 5 Necro, 3 Grace, 2 Willpower Swords, Maelstrom Resto, 1 Groth and 1 Ilam. No bueno.

You have to run tristat food. Yes the monster regen helms help with Witchmother, but not much. Not for real Xing where longevity and sustainability is key.

I just posted my build in this forum if you're looking to try something out for open world PvP, BGs and duels.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will run out of stamina and be dead. I used a similar build with 5 Necro, 3 Grace, 2 Willpower Swords, Maelstrom Resto, 1 Groth and 1 Ilam. No bueno.

You have to run tristat food. Yes the monster regen helms help with Witchmother, but not much. Not for real Xing where longevity and sustainability is key.

I just posted my build in this forum if you're looking to try something out for open world PvP, BGs and duels.

Yeah I saw your post. I thought about running shacklebreaker. Your max magic is 47k without the undaunted which is decent. I'm at 56k in my setup though. That additional 9k is a TONNN. And if I change the couple glyphs to prismatic I should have 12k to 13k stamina with ~53k magicka. I'm at 2k mag regen and 2100 spell damage also. What's your tool tip on birds?
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to check the tooltip.

47k without mages guild passives, undaunted passives and in purple gear, less the weapons. That's around 50,760.00 with them. Like I said I tried pushing up max magicka and while it looks great on a stat sheet, I didn't find it that much of a difference in damage. I did however find myself running out of Magicka and Stamina in long fights. Fights where it's 2V10, they have 3 healers and they keep rez'ing their dead, so you end up having to interrupt or rekill all the while not get melted down by snipe spammers while locked in a DKs talons.

Stacking is great, but I find it always falls short in real scenarios for my play style which is often solo or with 1-3 others peel farming zergs.

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hatoreehanzo actually I'm looking at your build and I have more stamina that you do already, more spell damage, and way more magicka. The only thing you have more of is mag regen (170 more), and stamina regen (300 more).
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to check the tooltip.

47k without mages guild passives, undaunted passives and in purple gear, less the weapons. That's around 50,760.00 with them. Like I said I tried pushing up max magicka and while it looks great on a stat sheet, I didn't find it that much of a difference in damage. I did however find myself running out of Magicka and Stamina in long fights. Fights where it's 2V10, they have 3 healers and they keep rez'ing their dead, so you end up having to interrupt or rekill all the while not get melted down by snipe spammers while locked in a DKs talons.

Stacking is great, but I find it always falls short in real scenarios for my play style which is often solo or with 1-3 others peel farming zergs.

If I get into a 2v10 scenario, no build besides a tank build is going to allow me to survive that... there is a huge difference in damage between 47k mag, and 56k mag btw. Check your tooltip. Also the difference in your absorb magicka shield is a difference of about 4kish
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @Hatoreehanzo actually I'm looking at your build and I have more stamina that you do already, more spell damage, and way more magicka. The only thing you have more of is mag regen (170 more), and stamina regen (300 more).

All I'm giving is advice, not a your build is lesser than mine scenario. I ran a max magicka build and while sure it hit a little harder, I couldn't hit anything if I was dead. I catered mine for my play style which is being outnumbered, surviving and still blasting people down. It works in BGs too if that's your thing. Also keep in mind that stat sheet is on a fresh 160, so I'm missing passives such as Mage's Guild and Undaunted. The gap you have with max magicka and stam will lessen with those. You don't need a load of stamina if you regen enough back between CC cool downs. What you aren't seeing on the stat sheet is Bloodspawn. It turns your light armor build into a semi tank and the ult regen is invaluable, especially paired with this class.

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I'm giving is advice, not a your build is lesser than mine scenario. I ran a max magicka build and while sure it hit a little harder, I couldn't hit anything if I was dead. I catered mine for my play style which is being outnumbered, surviving and still blasting people down. It works in BGs too if that's your thing. Also keep in mind that stat sheet is on a fresh 160, so I'm missing passives such as Mage's Guild and Undaunted. The gap you have with max magicka and stam will lessen with those. You don't need a load of stamina if you regen enough back between CC cool downs. What you aren't seeing on the stat sheet is Bloodspawn. It turns your light armor build into a semi tank and the ult regen is invaluable, especially paired with this class.

Oh yeah, I'm not knocking your build at all. It's for sure a solid setup. I'm trying to figure out if I should run 1h&shield on my back bar instead of a rest staff. I hate healing ward, it's unreliable with other team mates around and it costs a ridiculous amount of magicka.
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

Oh yeah, I'm not knocking your build at all. It's for sure a solid setup. I'm trying to figure out if I should run 1h&shield on my back bar instead of a rest staff. I hate healing ward, it's unreliable with other team mates around and it costs a ridiculous amount of magicka.

I find Warden sustain to lack amongst all other classes, so I'd either keep that or a Destro to get some back on heavy attack. Frost Destro might be nice with clench. You can lock someone down who's trying to dodge your bugs. SnB could be nice, especially with d-posture reflecting, but personally I wouldn't trust it not running dry on resources. Then again, you could also just not run the ward and replace it with corrupted pollen, rapid regen, shimmering shard or whatever else suites you. Rapid regen also works great with Maelstrom Resto for the +recovery ticks.

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find Warden sustain to lack amongst all other classes, so I'd either keep that or a Destro to get some back on heavy attack. Frost Destro might be nice with clench. You can lock someone down who's trying to dodge your bugs. SnB could be nice, especially with d-posture reflecting, but personally I wouldn't trust it not running dry on resources. Then again, you could also just not run the ward and replace it with corrupted pollen, rapid regen, shimmering shard or whatever else suites you. Rapid regen also works great with Maelstrom Resto for the +recovery ticks.

Yeah I'm with you on the regen from heavy attacks. Corrupting pollen is nice but they us all just move out of it, rapid regen is good I've used that, and shimmering is decent too but if they don't shoot projectiles it's sort of worthless. I thought about using enchanting spores there too for the recovery and a crappy burst heal haha
    Edited by Hutch679 on August 17, 2017 3:34PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're sitting at... What?... 1600 spell DMG,?

Do you need that much mag Regen? 2 Glyphs, mother's, and rend? If you could up that spell DMG by sacrificing some Regen would be the only change I'd do. With the build that is
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you need that much mag Regen? 2 Glyphs, mother's, and rend? If you could up that spell DMG by sacrificing some Regen would be the only change I'd do. With the build that is

Well the spell damage is 2100 buffed, with 56k magicka it hits ridiculously hard. 7-9k birds, 10-12k deep fissure. I'm not concerned with spell damage because magicka = 10:1 spell damage in the tooltip. So 56,000 magicka with 2100 spell power is equivalent to 40k magicka with 3700 spell damage.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the spell damage is 2100 buffed, with 56k magicka it hits ridiculously hard. 7-9k birds, 10-12k deep fissure. I'm not concerned with spell damage because magicka = 10:1 spell damage in the tooltip. So 56,000 magicka with 2100 spell power is equivalent to 40k magicka with 3700 spell damage.

10.5 dude, DMG is worth slightly more. 10.5:1

My bird tooltip is 14k at 40k mag
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 17, 2017 5:30PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Highest damage setup I have found is with proper CP allocation is Necro/Julianos, 1 Kena, 1 Groth. There's someone on this forum that did a build generator with all the fancy numbers pertaining to gear, cp, active buffs, etc. This setup was the highest believe it or not, even better than War Maiden mainly due to the crit.

My only thing is unless you're running in a bigger group or just dueling that tool tip won't save your life in the X games.

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14k birds? With how much spell damage? You got a screenshot of the tool tip and build stats?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14k birds? With how much spell damage? You got a screenshot of the tool tip and build stats?

Sure, and fyi it's actually what you posted 40k + 3,700 spell damage

Either works but:

Shackle + Necro + 1 monster , heavy fully buffed innerlight and N Storm

Or

Alchemist + necro + monster set heavy fully buffed
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

Dat Shackle/Necro doe. <3

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

You're in full heavy? How do you sustain that
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

No way he's in full heavy. Maybe a heavy monster helm?

PS4 NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

Right, full heavy there is no way you could sustain or get that high of a tooltio. I wanna see a screenshot of your character stats and tooltip on birds @Waffennacht
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

Right, full heavy there is no way you could sustain or get that high of a tooltio. I wanna see a screenshot of your character stats and tooltip on birds @Waffennacht

I'm pretty sure it's the same setup as mine, possibly with a few differences. I'm almost at 14k and that's still having utility with bloodspawn. If I ran Kena/Groth I would be over 14k pigeons buffed.

PS4 NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

I'm pretty sure it's the same setup as mine, possibly with a few differences. I'm almost at 14k and that's still having utility with bloodspawn. If I ran Kena/Groth I would be over 14k pigeons buffed.

This. I usually run either 5/1/1 or 5/2 (2 being light). Regen is around 1500 no CP 1700 ish in CP

Blue Betty is worth 300 Regen or something like that.

Heavy does return some too remember.

I'm at work but I'll post it up later. Also the 14k is with CPs (CPs make a huge difference, so much so!)

What do I sacrifice?

Crit and crit modifiers - I run pretty much whatever the lowest base crit is. Meaning only the squishy builds get gibbed by me, it's a long battle 90% of the time. Also why in BGs I go like 5 kills 2 deaths and 20 assists
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    I go with necro in main and wizard in backbar, heavy domihaus and medium infernal guardian. Atro mundus and witchmother, i use to play with crushing shock , cliff racer, deep fissure, harness, and fetcher infection. I use northern storm as ulti but sometimes i swap for dawnbreaker. Tanky as hell and huge burst.
    Edit: i use trapping poison to root people without using frost clench
    Edited by C0ndor on August 17, 2017 6:50PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0ndor wrote: »
    I go with necro in main and wizard in backbar, heavy domihaus and medium infernal guardian. Atro mundus and witchmother, i use to play with crushing shock , cliff racer, deep fissure, harness, and fetcher infection. I use northern storm as ulti but sometimes i swap for dawnbreaker. Tanky as hell and huge burst.

Hey, how's that poison work? I like your idea quite a bit. How often does it proc for you? Enough?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, just check out @Hatoreehanzo 's thread. I don't think I'll post any pics because he's got em :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either works but:

Or

This. I usually run either 5/1/1 or 5/2 (2 being light). Regen is around 1500 no CP 1700 ish in CP

Blue Betty is worth 300 Regen or something like that.

Heavy does return some too remember.

I'm at work but I'll post it up later. Also the 14k is with CPs (CPs make a huge difference, so much so!)

What do I sacrifice?

Crit and crit modifiers - I run pretty much whatever the lowest base crit is. Meaning only the squishy builds get gibbed by me, it's a long battle 90% of the time. Also why in BGs I go like 5 kills 2 deaths and 20 assists

Moat everyone but sorcerer gof 5, 2 , and 20 haha damn that sorcerer execute!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say I've dueled this build and it is very very strong, I think we fought for close to an hour in 2 fights. I dropped cloak and he dropped healing ulti for the second fight which took another half an hour?

I never noticed any stam management issues despite CC'ing on cooldown and keeping cripple up annoyingly often.

If you run 2h then you should run Onslaught, with that mag pool the damage will be disgusting. Always run prismatics on magika builds, its a significant boost to your stats and you have use for all 3 pools.

I'd also advocate for bloodspawn, I think its the best monster set in the game for builds that don't have a reliable way to proc skoria. I even drop skoria on mageblade the second I'm running with more than a duo as well, bloodspawn is too good not to run.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 17, 2017 8:46PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I've dueled this build and it is very very strong, I think we fought for close to an hour in 2 fights. I dropped cloak and he dropped healing ulti for the second fight which took another half an hour?

I never noticed any stam management issues despite CC'ing on cooldown and keeping cripple up annoyingly often.

If you run 2h then you should run Onslaught, with that mag pool the damage will be disgusting. Always run prismatics on magika builds, its a significant boost to your stats and you have use for all 3 pools.

I'd also advocate for bloodspawn, I think its the best monster set in the game for builds that don't have a reliable way to proc skoria. I even drop skoria on mageblade the second I'm running with more than a duo as well, bloodspawn is too good not to run.

I wanna run it in 5 light, rather than 5 heavy though.
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    C0ndor wrote: »

Hey, how's that poison work? I like your idea quite a bit. How often does it proc for you? Enough?

Every ten sec, it's not on demand but it's nice, 10% chanche on LA and crushing shock, so when it procs usually the opponent takes the deep fissure in the face. If u're good on timing can execute with dawnbreaker. There is a version that also gives u immovable for 6 sec but it's for smaller root. Can also use it on maelstrom or master staff, use necro in full body and remove infernal guardian.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I wanna run it in 5 light, rather than 5 heavy though.

Yeah, running all prismatics and bloodspawn will cost you damage but it also solves 100% of your stamina management issues and gives you more mitigation and ulti gen.

The way I view prismatics is I'm trading half the magika value on a glyph for stamina AND gaining over that amount of health for free. This is a good deal for most builds since you lose out on ~3k mag to gain ~2500 stam and ~3500 health. For pvp, I can't think of a single non-gank build where this isn't a positive gain.