The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Weird sound that leads to BSOD

Ajintse
Ajintse
✭✭✭
Hello dear all,

I have a weird bug / crash that leads my PC to BSOD. It happens if I play for a while. Like for 2+ hours. The sound will be after some hours 8 bit. It's weird but the sound actually goes to 8 Bit(ish). The background music is okay, but If I cast a spell that have some low frequency (bass) my sound will pop. Like a 8-Bit 808 Kick. (Distortion). After some minutes my PC crashes into BSOD.

Have no idea what it is but I have searched for the BSOD and found out it's the ntkernel. HUH. ntkernel? I was thinking about my Audio driver but no idea what I can do right now because other games doesn't have that issue.
"The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a hardware issue, not a problem with your game. You likely have overheating issues due to malfunctioning fan(s), and/or clogged airflow paths due to dust and hair. You could also have a malfunction with your GPU or CPU, which could also be due to improper or malfunctioning fan cooling. As for other games not having this issue, perhaps those games aren't as demanding as ESO (which is a bit of a resource hog).
    Edited by THWIP71 on August 16, 2017 5:54PM
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% processor heating\malfunction. First step to check the cooling, cleaning all the fans, motherboard etc
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all and thanks for all your support. The thing is, I just have my new computer build. MOBO and CPU and GPU are brand new.

Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA Z270
    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
    GPU: GTX 1080

They are both overclocked. CPU is at 5 Ghz and GPU is at 2.2 Ghz. Never had issues with any other game. The temps with ESO is almost 60c degrees. CPU is gonna throttle at 100c degrees and GPU around 92c degrees. I have checked but it is not due temps. Also, my fans and case are dust free.

I think it's my RAM. I have 16GB Ram (D416GB 3000-15 Ripjaws 4 Red K4 GSK) which 1 of them are defect. So I now have 12 GB. But never ran memcheck so I think im gonna start with that. Or it is just my sound drivers?
    Because it all started with popping sounds while the game was smooth. After some minutes it BSODed.

Thanks!
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)