The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Return to 50 Ultimate Cost: Death Stroke, Incapacitating Strike, and Soul Harvest

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even 75 is probably too cheap. It takes no time at all to build up 75 ultimate for a NB.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    At 50 ulti the pressure I could put out on mageblade would be too high for you to survive doing anything but turtling.

As it stands you can already chain kills fairly quickly with either morph.

Death stroke is only outperformed by warden trees in its ulti cost range. There's no other ulti under 100 ult that's in the same ball park as these two. I'll concede that really, trees are insanely over performing and in a class of its own as an ulti, but death stroke is in a really really nice place
    At 50 ulti the pressure I could put out on mageblade would be too high for you to survive doing anything but turtling.

Death stroke is only outperformed by warden trees in its ulti cost range. There's no other ulti under 100 ult that's in the same ball park as these two. I'll concede that really, trees are insanely over performing and in a class of its own as an ulti, but death stroke is in a really really nice place

OMG INCAP DOES DAMAGE PLZ NERF!!!!
    OMG HEALING THICKET ACTUALLY HEALS PLZ NERF :trollface:
    Seriously thou if the Wardens tree should be just as op as Incap one would have to add= Major Protection, Major Mending, CC immunity for the duration
    Since incap= target takes 20% more damage for 6 seconds, major defile, stunns target

Not even close as op as Incapacitating strike imo
    Just sayin

Except I can keep a group of 6 at full health from trees and death stroke only bursts one person.

Furthermore, clown, I don't advocate for any nerfs. I main a mageblade and I'm saying I think death stroke is strong and in a good place. It's the best ulti at its cost and shouldn't be buffed

Maybe you're dumb and can't do math, but last I checked a huge ape burst HoT >>>>> single target burst, defile, and bonus damage.
    Yeah you can keep a group of 6 closely stacked alive.... Untill the 3 Zerg bombers jump in and tear you to pieces LMAO.... thanks my maths is fine, class best in fact :trollface:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    2 words: hell no.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Nihilos wrote: »
    If anything, the cost should be increased to 100+. It does too many things and hits too hard to be so cheap.

needs to cost as much as negate.

make nb's use some real 'strategery.'

Get rid of the stun.Don't ruin major slayer.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can soul strike and morphs also be reduced to 50 Ultimate so it's nearly as good as Incap? Also can SS also buff all damage by 20% for 6 secs? :trollface:

But honestly. Why does Incap cost less then Soul Strike is beyond me. Since it's way more powerful then SS. But I guess ZOS is not really trying to balance the game.

Lmao soul strike is literally broken as an ultimate and needs nerfing to be honest.

Zos confuse me with the fact all the good/ broken ults are cheap, dawnbreaker, incap, leap, soul assault etc... where as most of the bad ones are expensive, nova, standard, veil etc..

I'd have to agree with you here. Seems like a switch in ulti cost is needed. No?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »
    So let's get this straight....

Nightblades already have a 75 cost ultimate that hits 10k+, CCs enemies, applies major defile AND increases your damage against the target by 20%. Now you want the cost reduced? If anything, it should cost 150 ultimate to use. What other class has an ultimate even half as good as Death Stroke?

I agree.

Leap, when it works, is pretty comparable.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • MonoAlv96
    MonoAlv96
    ✭✭
    Plz,u asking for 50 having 75 already?L0L.
    Gtfo really I have to work on building my ultimate while you just spam it as a normal skill.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i was fine when it was 50 and I'm fine when it was 70. I also think the reason people think death stroke is op because of proc sets. On my magblade if I'm using skoria a 50 cost death stroke is broken but if I'm not using skoria it's completely balanced. It does a lot but it's all single target. Most situations when the game gets too zergy i often take off soul harvest and replace it with soul tether and that's back when it was 50 ultimate as well.

OMG INCAP DOES DAMAGE PLZ NERF!!!!
    OMG HEALING THICKET ACTUALLY HEALS PLZ NERF :trollface:
    Seriously thou if the Wardens tree should be just as op as Incap one would have to add= Major Protection, Major Mending, CC immunity for the duration
    Since incap= target takes 20% more damage for 6 seconds, major defile, stunns target

Not even close as op as Incapacitating strike imo
    Just sayin

Except I can keep a group of 6 at full health from trees and death stroke only bursts one person.

Furthermore, clown, I don't advocate for any nerfs. I main a mageblade and I'm saying I think death stroke is strong and in a good place. It's the best ulti at its cost and shouldn't be buffed

Maybe you're dumb and can't do math, but last I checked a huge ape burst HoT >>>>> single target burst, defile, and bonus damage.
    Yeah you can keep a group of 6 closely stacked alive.... Untill the 3 Zerg bombers jump in and tear you to pieces LMAO.... thanks my maths is fine, class best in fact :trollface:

What does 3 zerg bombers have to do with trees being broken?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It didn't seem too strong in PVP at 50 cost until proc sets were introduced - because Nightblades were bursting people down in one quick combination with the procs and then disappearing. Now, that burst with procs doesn't hit as hard and is more difficult to achieve. Plus, the ultimate is a telegraphed attack which is dodgeable, and forces the Nightblade to get into combat range (risk/reward for use).

My main argument is that it's just not worth slotting in PVE, and I think if it were restored back to 50 then it might be worth using again, at least in situational spots.

It didnt seem too strong untill it was super buffed. There, fixed it for you.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    Its fine as its the same as the other lowest cost ultimates which all cost 75. Before it was the only one which costed 50 and kinda over performed because of it. And besides like many have said you easily get your ulti back as a Nightblade/In Cyrodiil.

The problem with the ultimate generation is that 20 points come from potions and if like me you can sustain then you don't have the quick slots for a trash pot just for free ultimate on a 45 second cooldown. When I need a potion I need it. After I pull off a gank is not that time.

To your point on the other cheap ultimates Templars cheap ultimate is an AoE, Sorcerers Cheap Ultimate is a spammable, Dragon Knights cheapest ultimate is an undodgeable AoE with a hard CC and of Course Wardens have two cheap ultimates ones a heal and the other is free to cast so really all the other ultimates have a leg up on Nightblades outside of ganking.

This is not to say Death Stroke and both morphs are bad in an way but if you're outside of a gank the vast majority of the game it's just not worth the cost.

Make the ulti undoadgeable.... cause dawnbreaker does good aoe splash. And what we deal a single target burst? If you want to make sorcs overload undoadeable go ahead. The ulti sweep from Templar go ahead. Wardens bear go ahead......Why not make everything undoadgeable. That's a quick answer to everything cause players hate shuffle and dodge builds to this date. (I'm a DK the leap buff was needed cause we don't have much for single target use unless it's a DoT from a skill.)
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 is stupid cheap. 75 is fine.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Incap can be shuffled, roll dodged, blocked, and shielded. On top of all this I am finding that it is just plain not going off when I try to use it. Sometimes it will drain my ultimate and sometimes it doesn't. I find that Incap works properly about 1 out of 3 times, conservatively, which makes it a 210 cost ultimate at minimum.

For you maybe... You just need practice on how to land it. Or you are lagging...

I know how to land it. I'm not sure if this is a console specific problem as many of the people I know playing NB are experiencing the same issues as of late. It is frustrating to say the least.

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a stamblade and I think it's fine as is cost wise. What I wish for them to do is make the skill work. Sometimes I have to spam the skill to get it to fire. Half the time it will make the sound, even half the animation but it just cancels itself for no reason. Doesn't cost ultimate but it's annoying having to press it 6 times before it works. Even in zero lag it does this. Not sure what the problem is.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I'm finding my Soul Harvest hitting people in the middle of a dodge roll quite often now. Was it buffed to be undodgable or is this a console thing?
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • xxVARLEYxx
    xxVARLEYxx
    ✭✭✭
    While we are here nightblades.. can the potion passive for gaining ultimate be changed to 'while in active combat' please?

Many thanks, stops the cowardice of people waiting to apply their free major defile and crazy sliding stun :smile:
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fine as its the same as the other lowest cost ultimates which all cost 75. Before it was the only one which costed 50 and kinda over performed because of it. And besides like many have said you easily get your ulti back as a Nightblade/In Cyrodiil.

The problem with the ultimate generation is that 20 points come from potions and if like me you can sustain then you don't have the quick slots for a trash pot just for free ultimate on a 45 second cooldown. When I need a potion I need it. After I pull off a gank is not that time.

To your point on the other cheap ultimates Templars cheap ultimate is an AoE, Sorcerers Cheap Ultimate is a spammable, Dragon Knights cheapest ultimate is an undodgeable AoE with a hard CC and of Course Wardens have two cheap ultimates ones a heal and the other is free to cast so really all the other ultimates have a leg up on Nightblades outside of ganking.

This is not to say Death Stroke and both morphs are bad in an way but if you're outside of a gank the vast majority of the game it's just not worth the cost.

Make the ulti undoadgeable.... cause dawnbreaker does good aoe splash. And what we deal a single target burst? If you want to make sorcs overload undoadeable go ahead. The ulti sweep from Templar go ahead. Wardens bear go ahead......Why not make everything undoadgeable. That's a quick answer to everything cause players hate shuffle and dodge builds to this date. (I'm a DK the leap buff was needed cause we don't have much for single target use unless it's a DoT from a skill.)

Nightblade is far less forgiving no class shields, no class burst heals and Cloak has three times more counters in game then any other power. The point I was making is that all other classes have flexible ultimates being free, undodgeable or spammable. We are class build for burst damage in a meta that moved burst to proc sets.

You don't have to question why Nightblades run so many proc sets we need the burst we are build as a class for long fights so we need to end it fast. At 50 it's hit are miss was more forgiving but at 75 it needs to be undodgeable. It already took a damage nerf and 50% cost increase taking much of its burst power again on a class that's made to burst.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblade is far less forgiving no class shields, no class burst heals and Cloak has three times more counters in game then any other power. The point I was making is that all other classes have flexible ultimates being free, undodgeable or spammable. We are class build for burst damage in a meta that moved burst to proc sets.

You don't have to question why Nightblades run so many proc sets we need the burst we are build as a class for long fights so we need to end it fast. At 50 it's hit are miss was more forgiving but at 75 it needs to be undodgeable. It already took a damage nerf and 50% cost increase taking much of its burst power again on a class that's made to burst.

So you want it to be spammable. Got it. Remove the defile and I'm okay with it.

E: and don't try to act like NB are at the back of the line. They are the only class that "can" get away with wearing medium as they have another line of defense in cloak. Is cloak countered and can get broken? Sure. But why shouldn't it? NB get major resolve/ ward for spamming surprise attack. And they have another get away skill in shade.
    They have the same access to rally and vigor. No stam class has a class shield. As for mag classes, beside sorcs the other class shields are either weak or scaling with health. But there is that armor skill ward everyone can use. Again, don't act like NB are a crippled class. Or I start whining about stam Sorcs having no class spam, shield, debuff and major mending - and refuse to use what weapon/armor lines give me.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 2, 2017 3:17PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, no regard for PvE. 50ult cost = insane War Machine/Master Architect uptime. Also Incap is unbelievably strong. It does everything you could ever ask such a cheap ult to do and more.

These are the same guys saying to gut Mag Sorcs.

Can't blame ZOS for never responding to the Forums on balance-related topics. There's a wierd ideology here that Nightblades, Templars, and DKs aren't good, while Magicka Sorc is the god of everything ESO and Warden is also great because reasons. Getting ridiculous. Meanwhile Nightblades have historically been the most popular class (especially Stam) and likely always will be.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 3, 2017 12:00AM
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E: and don't try to act like NB are at the back of the line. They are the only class that "can" get away with wearing medium as they have another line of defense in cloak. Is cloak countered and can get broken? Sure. But why shouldn't it? NB get major resolve/ ward for spamming surprise attack. And they have another get away skill in shade.
    They have the same access to rally and vigor. No stam class has a class shield. As for mag classes, beside sorcs the other class shields are either weak or scaling with health. But there is that armor skill ward everyone can use. Again, don't act like NB are a crippled class. Or I start whining about stam Sorcs having no class spam, shield, debuff and major mending - and refuse to use what weapon/armor lines give me.

Look Nightblades are strong this is very true and we all know that but that's if you get your set up right and everything. I missed step and you die that simple. All four other classes has some breathing room. We don't have much reason not to wear medium we need the the added regen and reduced cost. We need to be canons class is not build to fight for long.

Vigor and Rally are HoTs we can Heal over time with the best of them but we are limited on the burst heals that save lives.

On the topic of limited we HAVE to take a weapon line just for powers that others can put on any bar. It's not that we don't want to slot a weapon for a power it's that we have to. That's a limit all other classes don't have. Stamina DKs use class shields to it has benifits. Sometimes the shield itself is secondary. We need to have pure stopping power like we were made or given the power to stand and fight.

Running is not a way to win a fight no matter how you run.

For the King of Argonia
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Look Nightblades are strong this is very true and we all know that but that's if you get your set up right and everything. I missed step and you die that simple. All four other classes has some breathing room. We don't have much reason not to wear medium we need the the added regen and reduced cost. We need to be canons class is not build to fight for long.

Vigor and Rally are HoTs we can Heal over time with the best of them but we are limited on the burst heals that save lives.

On the topic of limited we HAVE to take a weapon line just for powers that others can put on any bar. It's not that we don't want to slot a weapon for a power it's that we have to. That's a limit all other classes don't have. Stamina DKs use class shields to it has benifits. Sometimes the shield itself is secondary. We need to have pure stopping power like we were made or given the power to stand and fight.

What ever you may think but stamblades are the best stam class for overland pvp and are the second strongest class in duels if you take pet sorcs out of the picture.
    If you can't burst a target with a stamnb you won't do it with any other class.
    Also stamnb has another skill that hits way harder than incap after you first hit the target with it. Assassin's will is the strongest non-ult in the game by far which can be empowered with ambush for 20% extra damage + 20% from incap + 10% from cp and suprise attack from stealth + guaranteed crit with dark cloak and 10% extra crit dmg and 10% more weapon damage from cloak.

If you simply don't use this you have no right to complain about stamnb not having enough burst.

Also the cost of incap is still too low for what it gives. It has to be increased to 90 ult or has the defile reduced to 3 seconds.

It's not that i want nbs to be crap, i play one stamina and a meele magnb so i know what both specs can do and i still think that they are fine how they are but incap needs a small adjustment because many ults are just too cheap nowadays starting from incap to resto ult over shield ultimate followed by soul assault and completed by healing thicket.

All these ults are too cheap and need a individual cost increase
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

What ever you may think but stamblades are the best stam class for overland pvp and are the second strongest class in duels if you take pet sorcs out of the picture.
    If you can't burst a target with a stamnb you won't do it with any other class.
    Also stamnb has another skill that hits way harder than incap after you first hit the target with it. Assassin's will is the strongest non-ult in the game by far which can be empowered with ambush for 20% extra damage + 20% from incap + 10% from cp and suprise attack from stealth + guaranteed crit with dark cloak and 10% extra crit dmg and 10% more weapon damage from cloak.

If you simply don't use this you have no right to complain about stamnb not having enough burst.

Also the cost of incap is still too low for what it gives. It has to be increased to 90 ult or has the defile reduced to 3 seconds.

It's not that i want nbs to be crap, i play one stamina and a meele magnb so i know what both specs can do and i still think that they are fine how they are but incap needs a small adjustment because many ults are just too cheap nowadays starting from incap to resto ult over shield ultimate followed by soul assault and completed by healing thicket.

All these ults are too cheap and need a individual cost increase

My only complaint on burst is the 50% cut to damage. But are you really not reading the set up there? You have to do all that and hope the player can't shield, burst heal and defend.

We all know from stealth you're pretty much dead if a Nightblades gets the jump on you that's what we call getting ganked. Duals don't count it's a 100% 1v1 with no chance of outside help.

Saying we ar good at ganking and fighting 1v1 says nothing to fight to take a keep you know the thing that actually wins campaigns.

For the King of Argonia
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing we need is for incap to be even cheaper.

It would hurt the game mode even more than it already is.