The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Return to 50 Ultimate Cost: Death Stroke, Incapacitating Strike, and Soul Harvest

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the change to pot enchants... I see no reason for this, it's a pot each 30 secs. Throw Willow's path and argonian into the equation (and if you want, Witchman set)

Beautiful
    Edited by Xvorg on August 17, 2017 12:27AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DeathHouseInc
    DeathHouseInc
    ✭✭✭
    75~ sounds like a nice test 50 tor isky to be over powered start with smaller changes.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    needs to return to 50.
    i agree
  • Comfortably_Buzzed
    Point of Interest: Death Stroke and morphs cost 70, not 75.

I main a mageblade and IMO the cost is in a good place. You get a ton of damage, a long stun, and a big heal debuff (and a small chance to proc a smaller heal debuff). I wouldn't go so far as to say it's spammable but the cost is still low enough to where your burst windows come often. Lowering the cost to 50 would IMO require the damage be reduced to maintain balance, and I'd rather have it cost a little more but hit harder.
    Edited by Comfortably_Buzzed on August 17, 2017 2:54AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It costs 70 not 75
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Incap can be shuffled, roll dodged, blocked, and shielded. On top of all this I am finding that it is just plain not going off when I try to use it. Sometimes it will drain my ultimate and sometimes it doesn't. I find that Incap works properly about 1 out of 3 times, conservatively, which makes it a 210 cost ultimate at minimum.
    I think only stamblades and some stamdk uses shuttle, so tryna to kill a NB with incap is bad idea, same goes to stamdks cause they like to roll dodge a LOT. Roll dodge, uhm yeah. I would never use incap on someone who is "roll dodge machine". For those I have a dawnbreaker(well, combo fear>incap is here anyway). What about block and shields...just don't use it while enemy is blocking lol or using shields.
    Edited by Pijng on August 17, 2017 8:57AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It costs 70 not 75

Yup, my bad. Must've been thinking about the Warden healing ultimate.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way, these are still OP crazy to be so cheap.

Happy to trade you if ultimate goes back to 1000 tho. No relevance I just like that.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you refuse take them back to 50 then just remove and delete the stupid destruction staff ultimate then, that will help balance things out as a start. we can go from there with atleast some idea that your interested in working with this subject.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the cost of it would be ok in my book, 250 etc

It does have a counters
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if it didn't miss 50% of the time "just because".
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a former emp on both my mag and stam nb

Nah, its still very strong as it is.

They both do so much for skills, high dmg, defile, 20% extra dmg to all the dmg you do.. including selene.

100 is enough.

It was far to cheap to the point where it was barely an ult and not just another spam skill. Could literally have another one 6s after killing someone.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    So let's get this straight....

Nightblades already have a 75 cost ultimate that hits 10k+, CCs enemies, applies major defile AND increases your damage against the target by 20%. Now you want the cost reduced? If anything, it should cost 150 ultimate to use. What other class has an ultimate even half as good as Death Stroke?
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    At 50 ulti the pressure I could put out on mageblade would be too high for you to survive doing anything but turtling.

As it stands you can already chain kills fairly quickly with either morph.

Death stroke is only outperformed by warden trees in its ulti cost range. There's no other ulti under 100 ult that's in the same ball park as these two. I'll concede that really, trees are insanely over performing and in a class of its own as an ulti, but death stroke is in a really really nice place
    At 50 ulti the pressure I could put out on mageblade would be too high for you to survive doing anything but turtling.

Death stroke is only outperformed by warden trees in its ulti cost range. There's no other ulti under 100 ult that's in the same ball park as these two. I'll concede that really, trees are insanely over performing and in a class of its own as an ulti, but death stroke is in a really really nice place

OMG INCAP DOES DAMAGE PLZ NERF!!!!
    OMG HEALING THICKET ACTUALLY HEALS PLZ NERF :trollface:
    Seriously thou if the Wardens tree should be just as op as Incap one would have to add= Major Protection, Major Mending, CC immunity for the duration
    Since incap= target takes 20% more damage for 6 seconds, major defile, stunns target

Not even close as op as Incapacitating strike imo
    Just sayin
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how most people arguing against lowering the cost to 50 only come at it from a PVP angle.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play mageblade most in PvP.

Stamblade third most probably.

I don't think it needs to be reduced. It's really powerful now. Incap is probably a bit too strong as it is (defile and increased damage is so strong as well as a big bit of burst damage).
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can soul strike and morphs also be reduced to 50 Ultimate so it's nearly as good as Incap? Also can SS also buff all damage by 20% for 6 secs? :trollface:

But honestly. Why does Incap cost less then Soul Strike is beyond me. Since it's way more powerful then SS. But I guess ZOS is not really trying to balance the game.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can soul strike and morphs also be reduced to 50 Ultimate so it's nearly as good as Incap? Also can SS also buff all damage by 20% for 6 secs? :trollface:

But honestly. Why does Incap cost less then Soul Strike is beyond me. Since it's way more powerful then SS. But I guess ZOS is not really trying to balance the game.

Soul Strike can't be dodged, has max range in Cyrodiil, and can be used by ANY class. It's much more powerful and valuable than Incap.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao soul strike is literally broken as an ultimate and needs nerfing to be honest.

Zos confuse me with the fact all the good/ broken ults are cheap, dawnbreaker, incap, leap, soul assault etc... where as most of the bad ones are expensive, nova, standard, veil etc..
    PS4 EU DC

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny how most people arguing against lowering the cost to 50 only come at it from a PVP angle.

its the only relevant content ;)
    PS4 NA DC
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 is fine but I certainly wouldn't complain if it went back to 50 hehe.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP it's good, but in pve it's lacking, major defile means basically nothing. It needs a pve revamp.
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    If standard stays the way it is and this gets dropped to 50 ill snap my pc and xbox eso disks in half...
    Edited by Belicourt on August 19, 2017 3:36AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't change anything for Incap it's one of the best ultimates in the game with:
    Low cost
    Major Defile
    Very good burst damage
    Easy to perfectly AC
    20% damage increase against the target
    Gives 2% crit chance + can proc minor savagery + executioner Passive

It's very very strong but it's one of those iconic class skills that simply give a class its soul like Leap, Bolt Escape, Cloak, Jabs

These moves are strong but they just add to class diversity.
    Other ults need to be brought in line with the value of incap like nova, veil of blades, standart these are nice ults but most of the time it's not worth slotting them over others

-Incap is fine with tendencies to be a bit too powerful as it is
    » don't change anything
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    I think all ultimates should be at same cost but change the power at the lowest cost and the highest you can gain. Let say all ultimates costs would be like 75-100 but at the minimum cost damage ultimates hits for like 30% of their current power and hits for 100% when you gain max ultimate number. Now max ultimate you can gain is 200 am I right? So make all ultimates costs for 75 but true power they reach at 200. At 75 they hit for like 2-3k but at 200 they hit for 5-10k. Scaling the power is the way ultimates should be done. Now they scale but it's too low I quess..
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    I think all ultimates should be at same cost but change the power at the lowest cost and the highest you can gain. Let say all ultimates costs would be like 75-100 but at the minimum cost damage ultimates hits for like 30% of their current power and hits for 100% when you gain max ultimate number. Now max ultimate you can gain is 200 am I right? So make all ultimates costs for 75 but true power they reach at 200. At 75 they hit for like 2-3k but at 200 they hit for 5-10k. Scaling the power is the way ultimates should be done. Now they scale but it's too low I quess..

First off, max ultimate is 500, reduced from 1000 some time ago.
    Second, why should they do this? If ultimate X hits for Y at e.g. 125 Ultimate NOW, why should it then hit for the same Y at 500 Ultimate? What good would a "2-3k" ultimate do? And even if you change your suggestion to "it hit's way harder at ultimate cap than it does on live" everybody would just gather 500 ulti to one shot people.
    Useless and just not funny.

E: and how would overload be handled in this scenario?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 19, 2017 5:36PM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Have some fun with 100% major slayer.

exactly
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP it's good, but in pve it's lacking, major defile means basically nothing. It needs a pve revamp.

Its good in pve as well.

When your executing the boss your likely not going to gen enough ult for your main ult.

Throw a incap and suddenly 20% more dps for 6s.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

OMG INCAP DOES DAMAGE PLZ NERF!!!!
    OMG HEALING THICKET ACTUALLY HEALS PLZ NERF :trollface:
    Seriously thou if the Wardens tree should be just as op as Incap one would have to add= Major Protection, Major Mending, CC immunity for the duration
    Since incap= target takes 20% more damage for 6 seconds, major defile, stunns target

Not even close as op as Incapacitating strike imo
    Just sayin

Except I can keep a group of 6 at full health from trees and death stroke only bursts one person.

Furthermore, clown, I don't advocate for any nerfs. I main a mageblade and I'm saying I think death stroke is strong and in a good place. It's the best ulti at its cost and shouldn't be buffed

Maybe you're dumb and can't do math, but last I checked a huge ape burst HoT >>>>> single target burst, defile, and bonus damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 20, 2017 5:25AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    If anything, the cost should be increased to 100+. It does too many things and hits too hard to be so cheap.

needs to cost as much as negate.

make nb's use some real 'strategery.'