The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You Guys Could Nerf Soul Assault Anytime Zos!

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    @Mystrius_Archaion no you can't .. only way you can stay alive is if your a mag sorc shield stacking or being a tanky fool in general people abuses soul assault and it needs a nerf and needs to be interruptable.

Well...
    It is affected by damage reduction and battle spirit.
    It does leave them unable to do anything else such as heal themselves for 3-4 seconds.
    It takes 3-4 seconds to do all that damage, so easy enough to heal through on top of damage reduction.
    It can only be done once in a while due to ultimate needed.

Even in pve it only does about 40k damage and my character has over 20k health with an easy at least 25% damage reduction even without champion passives. Reduce that 40k to 20k in pvp with battle spirit and now you can survive it relatively easily.

Or is this another one of those "people abuse it by being coordinated and 3 of them using it on me at once" threads, while this can be done with a lot of other skills that are actually spammable?
    It seems fine to me.

You get 100k+ (50k+ in PvP) tooltip easily on Soul Assault with a proper build.

Does Oblivion's Foe affect it?! Otherwise, how the hell do you get that high?
    I'm betting if they are doing that high then they're squishy as hell and you can charge them and beat them down, or your buddy will avenge you. If you're pvping alone then you really are asking for it. (Yes, I usually am alone when entering Cyrodiil for any reason and am asking for it by doing so, sadly.)

Easy for any build running Alchemist or just otherwise lots of spell dmg - I believe someone even posted a picture of 116k tooltip above.

Even your usual Shadowrend Necropotence duel sorc (far from squishy...) gets a 90k buffed tooltip - and that skill scales significantly worse with max magicka than it does with spell dmg.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mystrius_Archaion no you can't .. only way you can stay alive is if your a mag sorc shield stacking or being a tanky fool in general people abuses soul assault and it needs a nerf and needs to be interruptable.

Well...
    It is affected by damage reduction and battle spirit.
    It does leave them unable to do anything else such as heal themselves for 3-4 seconds.
    It takes 3-4 seconds to do all that damage, so easy enough to heal through on top of damage reduction.
    It can only be done once in a while due to ultimate needed.

Even in pve it only does about 40k damage and my character has over 20k health with an easy at least 25% damage reduction even without champion passives. Reduce that 40k to 20k in pvp with battle spirit and now you can survive it relatively easily.

Or is this another one of those "people abuse it by being coordinated and 3 of them using it on me at once" threads, while this can be done with a lot of other skills that are actually spammable?
    It seems fine to me.

You get 100k+ (50k+ in PvP) tooltip easily on Soul Assault with a proper build.

Does Oblivion's Foe affect it?! Otherwise, how the hell do you get that high?
    I'm betting if they are doing that high then they're squishy as hell and you can charge them and beat them down, or your buddy will avenge you. If you're pvping alone then you really are asking for it. (Yes, I usually am alone when entering Cyrodiil for any reason and am asking for it by doing so, sadly.)

Easy for any build running Alchemist or just otherwise lots of spell dmg - I believe someone even posted a picture of 116k tooltip above.

Even your usual Shadowrend Necropotence duel sorc (far from squishy...) gets a 90k buffed tooltip - and that skill scales significantly worse with max magicka than it does with spell dmg.

Oh boy! I wish I had noticed that skill earlier than I did. I should be using that as my boss burner in pve. I just have to build differently since it's only about 40300 on my templar with the 4 second morph. I may have to just be happy with that for the hybrid tankiness I have to work still.