The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Quest markers load slow and make the FPS drop to below 5, sometimes freeze

Surgee
Surgee
✭✭✭✭
Platform - Xbox One
Tested and confirmed by multiple Xbox One ESO players (I've asked around the towns, also few of my friends tested it)

Quest markers keep on recalculating position in several scenarios (see below) which results in a massive framerate drop down to less than 5 fps. This lasts about 3-5 seconds depending on how many active quests you have in your journal (more markers to load, longer framerate drops). Sometimes it makes the Xbox one totally freeze.

Situations that trigger the issue:

- entering a new location (building with a loading screen, zone, anything that requires journals, quest markers to restart)
- advancing in a quest (completing a quest or part of it - anything that makes the quest marker move to a new location)
- switching between quests with a D-PAD.
- zooming in/out of a location on the map

This bug makes the questing an awful experience. Every single time I enter a building or finish talking with a quest npc, I get few seconds of massive frame rate drop and have until the quest marker will move to a new location. The issue is present in the Xbox One version since Orsinium update. I've reported it for months but didn't get a single reply from the dev. I was hoping that it will get fixed for Morrowind but unfortunately, it was overlooked once more.

I'm not sure how it's possible but is Zenimax aware of this bug? Can I get a dev reply? Are the Xbox One specific bugs even looked into (apparently, it all works fine on PC)?
A dev reply would be much appreciated. My friend already refunded Morrowind because of this bug. Makes it almost unplayble. I'm holding off with purchase until it's fixed.

Thanks