The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/NA Vivec

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been AD over three years starting April 2014. AD could win every campaign. It's really simple stay off the bridge. I watched Alessia get sieged and taken while dumb azzes are on the bridge... that was two days ago. Don't go into farming towers. Protect your stuff. If you got it keep it. Buy and use siege. You are not Kodi you are not going to fight out numbered.

Last night blue took Nikel with two plus full raid groups and we had maybe 12 AD. AD was pop locked and there were no fights on the map. We killed all of them with oils and fire siege. Guess what they came back with even more people. We also defended Alessia against Blue and Red last night. The two red ball groups jumped out of the keep. Blue died.

Anyway, AD does not rez people or put down forward camps to the degree that they should or could. The other factions do this much better than us. It is attrition warfare we need people in the fight. You are waiting for things to happen instead of making them happen. Every time you go fight have three stone ballista three fire ballista two forward camps. 100 stone repair 100 door repair.

Lastly, keep taking their stuff the more on defense they are the less they will be on offense. They cannot fight battles on multiple fronts. I am a US infantry Marine (0311) and I approve of this message. Go forth and kick Azz.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was just wierd. I got on and joined VE for a few hours, lowwwww action. I couldn't figure out where all the AD were until we tried an emp push for the lols. Found like, 40 of them at Alessia, that's it.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    good read and time waster while im at the job, much needed.

in my humble opinion, ad needs a guild that goes out and looks for good fights. a guild that has the confidence and bravado to take on whatever numbers and regardless if they wipe, a guild that comes back begging for more cause they crave that epic fight and dream of those great victories. a guild that doesnt just pvdoor *** and run around taking resources. yes that kind of *** is good for the campaign, but it doesnt do anything for pride and respect and in the end, isnt that what you really want.

The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Last night was just wierd. I got on and joined VE for a few hours, lowwwww action. I couldn't figure out where all the AD were until we tried an emp push for the lols. Found like, 40 of them at Alessia, that's it.

You won't find AD in Chal Steve! :P

That Chal fight was bloody good last night, wave upon wave of DC desperately holding on, more EP reinforcements coming through the front door every minute, and the frames were above 10 for a change! I won't lie I escaped and hid down by the sewer entrance at the very end, I am not ashamed lol.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

That Chal fight was bloody good last night, wave upon wave of DC desperately holding on, more EP reinforcements coming through the front door every minute, and the frames were above 10 for a change! I won't lie I escaped and hid down by the sewer entrance at the very end, I am not ashamed lol.

Don't think I was there for the end of that. By the time the Chal fight happened I was out of raid getting rdy to roll out to the airport? We win? :D

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Whenever I see a post like this, I have the same suggestion. Roll up a character for the other alliance, and you will see the same exact complaint. The other two are gaining up on us.

Whenever I see a post like yours this one is reminded that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgTM2r_zDA&t=8s

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

And yes, some of those same 'skilled' players have been on Vivec lately.

I enjoyed this video very much, great job by you guys and the call outs were super cool and good.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't think I was there for the end of that. By the time the Chal fight happened I was out of raid getting rdy to roll out to the airport? We win? :D

Yeah you were there for a bit anyway, got me with endless fury haha.

You certainly did win, it took us about 5 hours to get Chal back I reckon. Tough going, but we finally got some organisation and took it.

EP is still desperately lacking a late night/oceanic raid or significance, Knights Of Ni pretty much pvdoor us from about 1am Pacific time onwards.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah you were there for a bit anyway, got me with endless fury haha.

You certainly did win, it took us about 5 hours to get Chal back I reckon. Tough going, but we finally got some organisation and took it.

EP is still desperately lacking a late night/oceanic raid or significance, Knights Of Ni pretty much pvdoor us from about 1am Pacific time onwards.

Oh ya. I just stood on the door and encased and VD executed ppl under oil.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was right after we had fought the Drac Militia for about an hour.. and then it's like, "oh great, now VE!" Fortunately, EP decided to go take back their keeps at that point.

On another note,

I want to apologize to all teammates past and present if I have offended in this thread or elsewhere. I can be very tribal and defensive of my teams. When my teammates are stressed, I feel it too. I still <3 players like @Ghostbane, @Crown and @Kaiz.

I like and respect all AD guilds. I didn't mean to imply any of them aren't good enough. The same goes for AD's solo and small group objective players. I'm amazed by how hard all of you work to keep AD competitive.

I also respect our opponents and I appreciate the POVs shared in this thread. I enjoy fighting you, even when I'm ungrouped and fighting you with other randoms.

This cycle, AD has had a very 1.5 feel to it which triggered me a bit. I've long said players can't be expected to balance teams. I think the changes to scoring over the past year show how player behaviour is ultimately driven by it. Competitive parity has been an issue in this game from the start because of design issues. If @ZOS_BrianWheeler and ZOS haven't completely given up on AvA, hopefully they will come up with some solutions in the future to encourage better fights for everyone across the map.

tl;dr: hate the game, not the playas.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is loosing and will likely get swamped tonight and tomorrow hopefully ensuring another campaign loss.

All is right in cyrodiil.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    AD is outnumbered and getting double teamed by smurflings and grifflings and will likely get outnumbered and double teamed by smurflings and grifflings tonight and tomorrow hopefully ensuring another loss for anyone with a desire for competition .

All is right in the minds of elfish sorts.

This one has once again helped fix things. You may send any payments for their services to the legitimate khajiit business CO. Which is located conveniently next to an unpatrolled section of waterway near a busy trading center.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

It was right after we had fought the Drac Militia for about an hour.. and then it's like, "oh great, now VE!" Fortunately, EP decided to go take back their keeps at that point.

Yeah I remember that fight, legit didn't even notice DC was pushing emp until we looked up and where like "where did pact go" then checked map. Hence the fight ending with us leaving to go deny EMP with BRK re-take.

I understand you're desire for competitive parity, I share it, it makes the game more fun. But I just feel in AD's case its not an external responsibility. As keiryan talked about, I think DC and EP guilds could be, should be and are, doing what they can to encourage AD's guild growth by showing respect and offering advice or feedback. But you just can't expect people to re-roll. If people do, great. But its not inherently their responsibility to do so.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That was probably the most halfhearted emp push in history. I don't even know the guy, we just saw 1 keep left and went "huh".

• NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was probably the most halfhearted emp push in history. I don't even know the guy, we just saw 1 keep left and went "huh".

That is usually the mentality for most of the times I have helped Crown an emp. The difference is on the EP side we just assume it is some random Drac or Ivs player at this point.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is outnumbered and getting double teamed by smurflings and grifflings and will likely get outnumbered and double teamed by smurflings and grifflings tonight and tomorrow hopefully ensuring another loss for anyone with a desire for competition .

This one has once again helped fix things. You may send any payments for their services to the legitimate khajiit business CO. Which is located conveniently next to an unpatrolled section of waterway near a busy trading center.

Does AD ever think that the fact their guilds suck and they are just pugs following the train are why they get rolled?

I mean the team purple QQ only goes so far. To be more clear do you know how the story of the little boy who cried wolf ends? Its a similar fate to the one that consistently befalls AD, the sheep and the boy die.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does AD ever think that the fact their guilds suck and they are just pugs following the train are why they get rolled?

I mean the team purple QQ only goes so far. To be more clear do you know how the story of the little boy who cried wolf ends? Its a similar fate to the one that consistently befalls AD, the sheep and the boy die.

Well damn, tell us how you really feel.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

On another note,

I want to apologize to all teammates past and present if I have offended in this thread or elsewhere. I can be very tribal and defensive of my teams. When my teammates are stressed, I feel it too. I still <3 players like @Ghostbane, @Crown and @Kaiz.

tl;dr: hate the game, not the playas.

tumblr_mjdeu1vL2T1rgqr0mo1_1280.jpg
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To answer your question. Yes.

But then we look at the population bars, and stop to count the number of griffs whom were PVdooring the keep. A keep that was empty up until the four of us came to try and defend it.....

Then after we get jumped by the 'duelist' group from the bloops we stop trying to blame everything on our own faction , and instead laugh at the silliness of the purple pills.

So in closing this one has never been fond of 'getting good' by relying on mashing the 'moar bodies' skill. But much like cliff racer spam Khajiit understands that for some folks that's the only skill some people can rely on. Thus they try to be patient with those who rush to defend such skillfully employed tactics with.

There's smiling, nodding, and reminding of whom needs a lot of help just to pick on the weak kits.

Oh, and laughing. There's definitely much laughing involved too. But it is assuredly most humble and probably not just directed at certain elfish sorts. Probably.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not read all of the pages but my first impression is "hogwash". The current map is absolutely no different than any other time and the numbers are like always, out of balance. But we are the Dominion. Let us not cry over the odds or complain about the fodder DC and EP throw at the south. Let us all just remember when the Dominion comes to win we win.

I am nobody, my guild is the short bus for the south. We laugh, we joke, we sometimes get drunk, All in all we simply are playing to have fun. More fun, less QQ is always the best medicine.

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD always has an excuse now:

1. Team purple
    2. Zergs
    3. eye of the flame farmers
    4. cheaters/hacks
    5. late night map flippers

on and on and on and on and on campaign after campaign. You need organized guilds that coordinate. You dont even need a lot of coordination just ask EP but pvp guild leaders? ya they need to talk and not about who's Epeen is bigger but about how to defend pushes, how to divide map responsibilities and how to encourage pugs with positive reinforcement when they want to go take resources.

Im betting AD has little to none of that, its the losers mentality. Its never your fault its the other side is doing something nefarious.

I'll give you a great tip, feel free to share this with AD pugs. 15 min before eval flip as many resources as you can while your organized groups pressure the other sides home keeps.

Stop crying, play better
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD always has an excuse now:

1. Team purple
    2. Zergs
    3. eye of the flame farmers
    4. cheaters/hacks
    5. late night map flippers

on and on and on and on and on campaign after campaign. You need organized guilds that coordinate. You dont even need a lot of coordination just ask EP but pvp guild leaders? ya they need to talk and not about who's Epeen is bigger but about how to defend pushes, how to divide map responsibilities and how to encourage pugs with positive reinforcement when they want to go take resources.

Im betting AD has little to none of that, its the losers mentality. Its never your fault its the other side is doing something nefarious.

I'll give you a great tip, feel free to share this with AD pugs. 15 min before eval flip as many resources as you can while your organized groups pressure the other sides home keeps.

Stop crying, play better

Actually Khajiit has just repeatedly pointed out several things.

1) A consistently low population this campaign.

2) Certain 'skilled' players using cross faction alts to provide them more numbers than they get from already being in the largest faction.

3) A focus on kicking the weak kids when they're the easiest targets. Usually excused by 'well they won a campaign so it's okay to do what we complained about them doing when they have even fewer people than we did'

4) The same elves from point 2 purposely sabotaging the attempts by the smallest population to remain a viable opponent.

5) Points one through four making any claim of the dumbminion's faction wide incompetence somewhat suspect. Like, more suspect than when an elf's relative says he'll be right back after everyone else enjoys the soup he made for them.

6) We're still pushing in a situation where most other factions have displayed a marked tendency to flee to other servers. Including so called 'skilled' players and guilds.

Now if only this one had also provided numerous visual aids to back these claims. Perhaps those who do not like the complexity of the simple khajiit mind would have a more thorough understanding of this...

Oh, wait.....

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    If you're trying to drive the remaining AD from Vivec, GJ.

Despite the fact AD is hopelessly behind in the score, we face constant pressure from groups of all sizes. When I look at the groups hitting us, I see many ex-AD who have joined the farm AD bandwagon.

It's pretty clear most of you aren't interested in actually good, competitive fights.

No, actually we really are interested in good fights.

What you are experiencing is known as a "delusional break from reality." Every faction gets frequently assaulted by the other two factions simultaneously. It's not a unique experience by AD, nor is getting double teamed while in 3rd place.

We all experience it, and it can suck, but AD is most certainly not a victim. Perhaps if we could leave Ash unattended for 2 minutes to fight the full EP faction in the Ales-Chal corridor - without Ash turning yellow - DC might feel some pity for you.

The only pitiable feature of Vivec AD on PC/NA is the seeming lack of guild power.

Let me add to the italics there. Rayles, Glademist and Warden included...Many times I've seen DC start to get a good offensive going against EP and low-n-behold...AD is on our back lines taking advantage. How often does DC even hit your tri-keeps? It's pretty rare that DC even gets Roe for very long, or takes anything beyond it most of the time. You also almost always have the 2 towns on the south side of the map and most of your resources. How often do you see DC taking all kinds of resources at the eval tick from AD? I assure you, most of the time we're defending our own.

You realize that Innocents Abroad (a large DC guild that recruits pugs from /zone) regularly rotates through Brindle, Black Boot, Bloodmayne, and Faregy (usually in that order, but they swap it up sometimes) on a near daily basis? They alternate doing this between EP and AD and don't seem to have much interest in logical strategy.

That if DC has Nikel, Roe gets potatoed almost as hard as Chalman (and especially hard if DC has Chalman). DC regularly uses Brin/Roe as points soaks for themselves if they are getting stonewalled at Chalman.

Hell, I'm EP and I can read a map well enough to see these things going on.

Let's not pretend DC is AD's friend. They're not. DC smacks AD around every bit as much as EP does. Roe and Brin regularly lose their resources near eval, or for farming puproses.

During prime time it is rare to see DC push into the AD tri-keeps -- and that's due to the DC guilds understanding the worthlessness of scrolls at this time. Holding Brindle, Nikel, and Roebeck (and their resources) is a +9 to your PPH and a -18 to AD's. That cripples AD's earnings and gives you enough to keep up with or exceed EP.

This is why AD is in 3rd right now. Not from losing Alessia. It's from losing their western 1/3rd on a regular basis and periodically Bloodmayne and most of the Alessia resources due to farming EP.

It's the same reason when EP's shoved back to Arrius we usually don't retake Chalman first. Not only does DC tend to faction stack Chalman to farm, but it's much more important for our PPH to get BRK, Drake, and Sejanus back due to the amount of keeps and resources involved instead of just a single keep and its resources. Without our southern front, our PPH earning is crippled. And it's why EP always seems the bigger threat to DC -- we're going to hit Dragon and Aleswell and Bleakers. A much bigger hit than just losing Ash.

As for getting hit at Ash while attacking EP -- welp, I've seen Roe flip blue while BRK is under siege plenty. Don't think this isn't a three way roundabout. Here's a tip for preventing that -- Stop faction stacking into a single keep and actually leave some defenses at Ash.

True. Roebeck-Nikel line is always super quiet while Chalman-Bleaker line is lit.

Not to say potatoes chargin Alessia mindlessly.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 14, 2017 9:46AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider the former AD guild Rage. Of its players that still play ESO, who do they play for now? This isn't only true of former Rage players, but of former AD of all tiers. I think if one was to take all of the former AD currently playing for top EP and DC guilds and groups, that would be a top guild worth of players.

In any case, none of us were born AD/DC/EP. We're people playing a game. Games are best when teams are balanced. Right now, they're not. It's not a problem for one person or guild to solve, but an issue the community as a whole has a vested interest to solve for the sake of good gameplay. There's no magic fairy dust that's going to turn casuals into an elite fighting force. AD needs good players to come over. The benefit to those who do are better fights.

Both of my AD guilds, RAGE and TM left to go to BDO at the same time. Winnie, who I was friends with from when I was in Decibel, recruited me to VE on DC. TM returned to the game so I do play with them on Sotha Sil. RAGE never returned. Some play with Fantasia but most remain scattered. I recognize the guild parity. I remember the lolizerg terrorizing DC and triggering VE when I was an AD. Nothing like that exists now.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

Consider the former AD guild Rage. Of its players that still play ESO, who do they play for now? This isn't only true of former Rage players, but of former AD of all tiers. I think if one was to take all of the former AD currently playing for top EP and DC guilds and groups, that would be a top guild worth of players.

In any case, none of us were born AD/DC/EP. We're people playing a game. Games are best when teams are balanced. Right now, they're not. It's not a problem for one person or guild to solve, but an issue the community as a whole has a vested interest to solve for the sake of good gameplay. There's no magic fairy dust that's going to turn casuals into an elite fighting force. AD needs good players to come over. The benefit to those who do are better fights.

Both of my AD guilds, RAGE and TM left to go to BDO at the same time. Winnie, who I was friends with from when I was in Decibel, recruited me to VE on DC. TM returned to the game so I do play with them on Sotha Sil. RAGE never returned. Some play with Fantasia but most remain scattered. I recognize the guild parity. I remember the lolizerg terrorizing DC and triggering VE when I was an AD. Nothing like that exists now.

We have the Telel zerg. That massive uber blob of 1 to 8 individuals has triggered plenty of bloops over the last few months.

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Blaming DC for trying to win? Maybe if AD actually spent meaningful time attacking EP you wouldn't feel so beat on by DC? Eh?

Fact Virtually all the fighting on PC NA/Vivec takes place between Chalamo, Ash and DC home keeps. It's flipping not even arguable.

Maybe if AD spread around their attention other AD might think your actually trying to compete rather than carry EP's water, and stick around...shrug. Just sayin.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Hmm. Blaming DC for trying to win? Maybe if AD actually spent meaningful time attacking EP you wouldn't feel so beat on by DC? Eh?

Fact Virtually all the fighting on PC NA/Vivec takes place between Chalamo, Ash and DC home keeps. It's flipping not even arguable.

Maybe if AD spread around their attention other AD might think your actually trying to compete rather than carry EP's water, and stick around...shrug. Just sayin.

Pop locked EP, Pop locked DC, 2 bars AD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR8jHjlXC0M

Small man AD trying to push pop locked EP. Again 2 bars of AD pop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KAvXnM0Ew8

Brindle...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMYH1Z8iexQ&amp;t=43s

On the bright side you were right about one thing. There isn't a need for arguing when certain people are so incredibly not Telel.

• saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    stop cherry picking "evidence" to make your claims man. you really like to do that and its not logical. "look here are 3-4 instances where i fought ep. dont say that I dont fight ep" but you are on the dc side the other 95% of the time. do you see....
    Edited by saiyan_84 on August 22, 2017 4:17PM
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saiyan_84 wrote: »
    stop cherry picking "evidence" to make your claims man. you really like to do that and its not logical. "look here are 3-4 instances where i fought ep. dont say that I dont fight ep" but you are on the dc side the other 95% of the time. do you see....

Do not tell khajiit where khajiit is unless you know where khajiit has been. And since khajiit streams such things...

Also AA% of people know Flerteblernth of statistics are pink unicorns dressing up like elephants.

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say this only because last night begs to have this put out there. Stop zerging. Its bad, it kills the community. The only outcome of zerging is it forces the other factions to zerg as well. The last 2 nights DC should be ashamed of itself.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an ex AD raid lead I have tried to come back and train newer players to "get gud". The last few times I have tried to help newer players I have been met with arguments with pre morrowind solo builds. it is very frustrating to be asked for help then critiqued with stuff they don't truly understand. Welcome to the AD new player training pool. It's like having an interview with a door greeter from Walmart. These players are the reason AD raid leads are rerolling at an alarming rate. After trying to help I realize the new players have watched a video on YouTube and know everything and I can go back to getting my 6 keys then PUBG.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future