The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is no point to housing

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there should at least be storage for furniture and furnishing stuff in the houses. My bank is already hopelessly full as it is, and I can't afford to put even more in there.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    Looking good and having nice useless things is part of the game.

agree.gif
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I think there should at least be storage for furniture and furnishing stuff in the houses. My bank is already hopelessly full as it is, and I can't afford to put even more in there.

That storage idea I could actually support
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of housing is to generate income. It's done that. That's good for all of us.

I'm with you, there is no function..its a shame. I folded and a home, and after an hour the novelty factor gone of pushing pixels around.

We got a guildhall, kitted out with all the stations but as we can't get guild bank or store no one uses it as a hub, so again it's pointless. It is our dueling go to but that's it.

It needs storage for solo. And function, and it.needs group stuff for guilds..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    my house has function.

I have a full set of julianos crafting stations plus all the regular ones.

I made the place look wicked so its amusing to view as well.

as they add more function, my house shall become even more functional.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Housing is very useful my guild hall has all the crafting stations and mundus stones and a banker. This means I can craft gear fast for my low lvl with a free fast port. Then I can bank that gear fast port with my low lvl for free grab my mundus and gear test out my damage in target dummy then que for low lvl pvp. This makes things very easy and very fast.

In my own home I love being able to stop grinding stop pvping hang out in guild chat talking to friends and just make my home look cool. It's very relaxing.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    When your guild puts every crafting station in the game into one convenient place, yes, there is a reason for housing...

...many thanks to ITU for this ;)
    I am up to 4 full crafting sets in my house, including the 3 IC sets......not sure I'll quite get all of them though....

But I own 33 homes and only need 3 more before I have all the ones that I can buy with in game gold (except the Imperial Edition houses because I don't have that version)..... :D

About 21 million gold spent and 3 mil to go.....
    Edited by disintegr8 on August 10, 2017 4:08AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    I love ESO, and I love my House! : ) I have a dye station in my house, as well as many furnishings...it's a nice place to go after questing, to craft, research, or change colors : ) it would be nice to store things in the house, although I'm not haartbroken over it...I do wish that I could place more mounts and pets around though...5 is just not enough lol
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also found useless and didn't spend a dime on it, be it real or virtual:
    1) Set crafting stations mostly within 2 minutes ride from a shrine and atunable stations are hugely expensive; even IC ones are not that hard to reach since there campaigns w/o pop lock even in prime time;
    2) There are quite a few places where you got all normal crafting stations within a few meters of each other, and they are not that busy;
    3) All mundus stones are easily reachable if you got to fully explore an alliance;
    4) Training dummies can be found in guild houses - I've learned all 4 blueprints and crafted several for my friends for free, when they got me the materials; in fact I've learned plenty of blueprints to craft for others, as I don't have where to put all that clutter.
    As for storage, I've got 14 characters with maxed backpack and saddle bags, and maxed bank, amounting to exactly 3040 storage slots. It's unlikely that ZoS will provide any storage in houses, let alone anything that comes close to one of those characters' inventory.
    Edited by Asardes on August 11, 2017 7:29AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    I didn't buy a house for a long time, but I really enjoy having one now. The decorations bring me happiness, it's a quiet place to log in and out, it's great hanging out there with my game buddy, and I like that I can provide him with my banker's services in exchange for all the mats and decon items he gives me.

Sure, my eso house doesn't have storage like the wonderful Korana house I had in Morrowind with its alphabetical alchemy baskets (ah, the memories). But the thing about storage is that there will never be enough storage! My bank storage doubled when I subscribed, my mats went into the craft bag, and yet my bank magically filled up again! Every MMO I've played has been mostly about managing inventory, because there are always new things and stuff you want to give to friends and research items and costumes and mementos.

It would definitely be cool if I could put some interesting items inside my dressers for friends to discover, but I still find my my house useful without storage. Crafting is a big part of the game for me, and I'm working my way up to crafting better furniture so I can redecorate. I also like to set up different scenes and take screenshots.

I think it's great that they added houses for players who want them. I hate PvP with a passion, but you won't find me complaining that PvP is useless and shouldn't be in the game. I like that there are a lot of ways to experience Tamriel.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have said before that to me housing is a system providing potential.

those who look at housing and ask "what does it do for me" will see less than those who look at housing and ask "What can i do with it?"

Such is the case with any new capability, in games or IRL.

Some will see benefit in having houses across Tamriel so they can easily insta-port to those zones unlocking them quicker than if they went the hunt down navigators - and some will see this as big for new characters.

Some will see benefit in being able to set-up events in a closed instance. They might like streaming their tourneys and not having miscreants intentionally duel-bombing their live streams.

Some will see the role-play benefit.

Some will see the benefit of crafting stations (normal and attuned) , esp for guilds and the like.

Some will see the dummies benefit.

others will find more imaginative ways...

and to some its just fun.

But like everything, not to everyone.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite part of housing is the creativity. Decorate your own homes and visit other player homes to see what they've done!

I've seen some pretty incredible houses.

If you aren't into the creative aspect then the only exclusive practical aspect is the target dummies. Everything else you can access without visiting a house (although as others have said the attuned crafting stations are really convenient!). Technically you can visit a friend's house and use their target dummy as well. (Target dummies will tell you your DPS without any addons running. They are great for practicing rotations on for PvE and comparing different gear sets/ability combos if that interests you.)