The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vanishing Chest in Eastmarch

Malkorga
Malkorga
✭✭✭
I sent an in-game ticket (170728-001614) regarding a chest that vanishes when approached.

Attached is a link of some screen shots of the location i am referring to.

imgur.com/a/xFqnv

Respectfully,

Malkorga
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had this happen too (most memorably under the bridge in Arenthia where there's a troll hanging out).

I believe this happens because players are in different "phases" or versions of the area depending on what quest objectives you've completed there. You may approach an area seeing it as it is in a different "phase," but when you get there it switches over to the "phase" that corresponds to your actual quest progress.

I've also seen this in northern Bangkorai, where I was able to attack hostile NPCs from a distance but when I actually go into the fenced-in area it shows that I've already cleared out the baddies and there are friendly wyresses there instead.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I believe this happens because players are in different "phases" or versions of the area depending on what quest objectives you've completed there. You may approach an area seeing it as it is in a different "phase," but when you get there it switches over to the "phase" that corresponds to your actual quest progress.

You're on the right track, @Ilsabet, but the chest doesn't have to be quest-related for it to disappear. Another player can simply be in another phase of the zone and pick or open the chest ... causing it to disappear in your phase.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 28, 2017 9:00PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

You're on the right track, @Ilsabet, but the chest doesn't have to be quest-related for it to disappear. Another player can simply be in another phase of the zone and pick or open the chest ... causing it to disappear in your phase.

Yeah, I didn't mean that the chest had anything to do with a quest. It just exists in the version of the area that corresponds to the alternate phase than the one that corresponds to your phase, based on quest progress. Believe me, I ran back and forth next to that chest in Arenthia enough times to know that it was still there but I couldn't actually open it. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA