Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Health Recovery builds destroyed , i guess i will join the damage proc meta

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
I have lovely Khajit NB (Werewolf) built on Health Rec for pvp,
I am using 5x Beekepers / 5x Ognums / 2x Kena . IT was wonderful to play him on BGs and Duels, but I guess its time to switch to the Selena Gomez/ Turogs pact Oblivion ench meta
In the upcoming future state of the game the Major defile in CP is like 50% healing debuff and now its gonna kill the Health rec builds . Ofc that was not enough so u had to nerf by 20% the beekeeper 5oc . Good Job ZOS , you know how to kill a play style.

Do you guys remember when some of us were having Fun with Vampires using Shadow Dancer ? ZOS Detected FUN : zos destroys fun .
Oh and some of us were having a blast Sprinting on high speed with our Werewolves , but guess what ? Now we are as slow as turtles tnx to the max Speed cap.

ZOS You guys are making the game MORE BOORING with every following patch
If I didn't spend money for all the DLCs and Morrowind , I swear this would be the day that I Uninstall the game from my PS4 , I barely enjoy myself when playing ESO and I feel sad about the time and money invested in the game.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a proc meta anymore.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Yeah its VD, eye of the storm none-sense for another 6 months.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immoveable pot, EoTS, spam gap closer and/or shield
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's.... not a proc meta
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

It's the ChooChoo Train meta, or as I like to call it, Thomas The EOTS Engine meta.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 31, 2017 9:07PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it's worse. It's the destro ult meta. Why it's still so OP is beyond me.

Whoever is in charge of balance in this game is more self destructive than Lesch-Nyhan syndrome.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever is in charge of balance in this game is more self destructive than Lesch-Nyhan syndrome.

Not worse than the proc set meta at all. That meta was purely an Xv1 meta where multiple people gap closing you was a guaranteed death.

Still, I really dislike the Destro Ult trains too. Expect it to stay this way though.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    I have lovely Khajit NB (Werewolf) built on Health Rec for pvp,
    I am using 5x Beekepers / 5x Ognums / 2x Kena . IT was wonderful to play him on BGs and Duels, but I guess its time to switch to the Selena Gomez/ Turogs pact Oblivion ench meta
    In the upcoming future state of the game the Major defile in CP is like 50% healing debuff and now its gonna kill the Health rec builds . Ofc that was not enough so u had to nerf by 20% the beekeeper 5oc . Good Job ZOS , you know how to kill a play style.

Do you guys remember when some of us were having Fun with Vampires using Shadow Dancer ? ZOS Detected FUN : zos destroys fun .
    Oh and some of us were having a blast Sprinting on high speed with our Werewolves , but guess what ? Now we are as slow as turtles tnx to the max Speed cap.

ZOS You guys are making the game MORE BOORING with every following patch
    If I didn't spend money for all the DLCs and Morrowind , I swear this would be the day that I Uninstall the game from my PS4 , I barely enjoy myself when playing ESO and I feel sad about the time and money invested in the game.

They're making it boring? Have you seen the forums and the QQ fest literally day and night? I mean Im no ZOS fan boy but what the hell are they supposed to do when every 4th thread is someone crying about some set or some build being OP?

Want a glimpse into the future? Go visit a game called Lord of the Rings online. Thats ESO's future, watered down snooze fest that caters to casuals with cash. I mean you arent wrong pal, dont misunderstand me but when the moved from the sub only model it was just a matter of time until the snowflakes came in and wrecked havoc.

thats the MMO meta since 2010.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're still dying to EotS at this point from any source other then the zergballs, and even then.... don't go running into a tower, you might wanna rethink your set-up, or never going back into pvp.
    Edited by Maikon on July 31, 2017 9:25PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »

If you're still dying to EotS at this point from any source other then the zergballs, and even then.... don't go running into a tower, you might wanna rethink your set-up, or never going back into pvp.

The destro ult carries players more than a stam character wearing 3 proc sets. It's a talentless ability and deserves a hard nerf. Only the EotS morph though.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never quite understood how eots is so despised. It's a zerg busting ult, a group v group ult. And there are plenty counter, defensive ones. Idk, maybe if i grouped more it would bother me? Don't think so tho.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

The destro ult carries players more than a stam character wearing 3 proc sets. It's a talentless ability and deserves a hard nerf. Only the EotS morph though.

If you're going to ask for a nerf, you need to have both morphs nerfed, you can't just ask for a specific nerf because you keep dying to it.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're going to ask for a nerf, you need to have both morphs nerfed, you can't just ask for a specific nerf because you keep dying to it.

Incorrect. A powerful AoE ultimate is justifiable if it's stationary. When it can follow the caster around however, then it becomes an issue. Especially when the only counter if you're not magicka is to run away.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. A powerful AoE ultimate is justifiable if it's stationary. When it can follow the caster around however, then it becomes an issue. Especially when the only counter if you're not magicka is to run away.

Zergball groups only work when they're huddled in a small confined space such as a tower, where some of them do use the stationary morph..... the real problem is the scrub pugs that run into the tower knowing they're about to be destroyed, yet still do it. Zergball groups are worthless out in the open.
    Edited by Maikon on July 31, 2017 9:47PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Zergball groups only work when they're huddled in a small confined space such as a tower, where some of them do use the stationary morph..... the real problem is the scrub pugs that run into the tower knowing they're about to be destroyed, yet still do it. Zergball groups are worthless out in the open.

You assume this ultimate is only powerful when it's used by a zerg. If that were the case I wouldn't have an issue with it. My issue with it is that it's too powerful in a 1v1 scenario, and that's just ridiculous.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin , TBH I've played a lot of vet lately now that I've got my magwarden out and I haven't seen EoTS carry too many players. I've seen bad players use it and close out kills that they already had in the bag. I've seen destro ult ball zergs use it to great success. But the one thing I haven't seen yet (and I keep hoping because allegedly it's out there) is a single player use EoTS in a way that carries them through a 1vX. I definitely have seen folks be carried by proc sets. Every kill I saw closed out with destro ult would have been done just as easily with bats, soul assault, DBoS (if folks couldn't dodge it), etc.

All that said, I don't have a huge problem with procs on live and I certainly have never had an issue with a destro ult on a stam or mag character (for reference, medium armor stamblade, heavy armor stamDK, magsorc, and magwarden).
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Strider_Roshin , TBH I've played a lot of vet lately now that I've got my magwarden out and I haven't seen EoTS carry too many players. I've seen bad players use it and close out kills that they already had in the bag. I've seen destro ult ball zergs use it to great success. But the one thing I haven't seen yet (and I keep hoping because allegedly it's out there) is a single player use EoTS in a way that carries them through a 1vX. I definitely have seen folks be carried by proc sets. Every kill I saw closed out with destro ult would have been done just as easily with bats, soul assault, DBoS (if folks couldn't dodge it), etc.

All that said, I don't have a huge problem with procs on live and I certainly have never had an issue with a destro ult on a stam or mag character (for reference, medium armor stamblade, heavy armor stamDK, magsorc, and magwarden).

I've seen it used countless times. I've seen EotS storm carry people more successfully than proc sets in open world. Procs are certainly more powerful in BGs though considering its nature.

With that said I think both are too powerful. Thankfully with the exception of Skoria, proc sets are finally getting addressed; although not as harshly as I would like.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Straight to assuming i'm dying to EotS... typical response. After 2 years playing this game, dedicated to cryodill... i think i'm entitled to express my thoughts on whats over or under performing. So many forum users just pull the L2P card yet have no clue what they are talking about. The fact is this ability is straight up over-performing and it's not hard to distinguish why. The PTS damage model for Eye of the Storm needs to come back.
    PS4 NA DC
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Straight to assuming i'm dying to EotS... typical response. After 2 years playing this game, dedicated to cryodill... i think i'm entitled to express my thoughts on whats over or under performing. So many forum users just pull the L2P card yet have no clue what they are talking about. The fact is this ability is straight up over-performing and it's not hard to distinguish why. The PTS damage model for Eye of the Storm needs to come back.

You dont get it. As long as there is l2p way everything is fine. Dont defend keeps, dont fight groups, always have immovable pot rdy and never use it until they use eots, always have rapid on your bar, play sorc with streak, always have portable tree for LoS, dont play against people using gap closer, always slot 10 defensive skills and 10 offensive skills, stack health and resist

see? Many ways to l2p against it so it is completely balanced with a guy that sacrifices whole weapon slot and ultimate slot to get EoTS and then he has to sacrifice the more damaging morph because he has to use the mobile one, then the poor sod has to be magicka and is forced to save his immovable pot for when eots is ready and then he has to run into front lines and risk being killed by the 1-100 people he engaged before he gets to kill at least 50% of them and once the casting is finished he has to run back to his zerg and it is super hard to survive unable to heal yourself because he had to use mist and 75% damage resistance combined undeath is sometimes not enough to survive those 100 people that are focusing him (damn zergling noobs!)
    Edited by SodanTok on August 1, 2017 11:56AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro Ulti - Eye of the storm. Make it so it becomes an uninterruptible channel (by enemy players), that allows full movement. I would add in elemental effects to the base ability, and have elemental rage have more severe elemental effects, while EOTS has the lesser elemental effects, but allows the storm to follow the caster. This won't solve the issue of coordinated EOTS busters (which I think are fine), but would punish the MagNB who's running Lotus Fan, Sap Essence, Grothdar, Vicious Death, as they won't be able to sap essence spam or gap close unless they focus on adding mobility.

In terms of HP regen, I think they're nerfing this to make sets that give bonus health when at low hp more alluring, however I think that they will need to reduce the cooldown of said sets.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not saying eots is weak, but all stationary ults are a bad joke.

Banner, veil, nova, stationary destroult, who dies to those except beginners? One or two dodgerolls or mistform and 200+ ult is wasted.

I do miss seing those ultimates useful but I hardly see them and didn't even before eots meta when all trains just used meteor/negate/bats combos.
    Edited by Master_Kas on August 2, 2017 5:45AM
    EU | PC
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    My tank

Health regen
    pts:4970
    live:5214
    BIG NERF

Armor:
    pts:22029
    live:23023
    BIG NERF

Health:
    pts:33048
    live:32820
    MINI UP (FACEPALM)

I hate new update.
    Edited by Detector on August 2, 2017 11:29AM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried a health recovery build, so its affected by battle spirit and defile?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU